• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Well apparently there are people who think DmC is too westernized. I think that's really odd considering Dante wore a cowboy-like outfit in DMC4.:/
I never seen someone complaining about this. A game made by a western developer is too...western-ish?

Yet, everytime we jump on the DMC 3/4 discussion, the anime/Japan argument is always present (this thread is an example), which of course doesn't make sense.

IncarnatedDemon

I never seen someone complaining about this. A game made by a western developer is too...western-ish?
Exactly my thoughts. And if i ever saw one or two or even three person complaining about the game being to "westernish", ive seen waaay more people bringing up that DMC is animish in a sense that it was a con.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Exactly my thoughts. And if i ever saw one or two or even three person complaining about the game being to "westernish", ive seen waaay more people bringing up that DMC is animish in a sense that it was a con.

Well I never said it was a con. I just found the slowly leaning anime style too generic, and something DMC didn't need.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well I never said it was a con. I just found the slowly leaning anime style too generic, and something DMC didn't need.
DMC1 was the right kind of style. DMC2 was too serious and bland for me. DMC3 was another step in the right direction, but for me Jester was a bit too over the top, along with some of Dante's cutscene antics like riding that missile or driving the bike up the tower, or even the scene where he aquired Nevan as a guitar. DMC4....that I think went a bit too far for me. It was too colourful, too light in tone. Somthing like DMC3 would have been better for 4. Plus I still can't get the Nero screaming 'KYRIEEE', complete with sparkling tears out of me head. Tears and sadness are fine, it shows a good character, but doing ti like that just came off as cheesy.

But the games are what they are, and I appreciate them for that. The Japanese makers do what they know how and do it as best as they can. Honestly, I want a DMC5 to see if they can salvage the plot, plus I miss the gameplay and I want some kind of closure to DMC2 with Dante's fate uncertain. But I think if they sort that out, then where can they go with the plot? Would they bring Nero back? If they did, I'd want him to be his own character with more thought put into his personality.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Fair enough. But if you would dare believing me:

Again very rarely did i see complaints from people about DmC's artstyle.

At the most I've seen people say that Devil May Cry shouldn't have never left Japan or been made out of Japan.

DMC was already western or had a western.........style/presentation to it but with Japanese flair (maybe not DMC1/2).

DmC is western style with western flair.

IncarnatedDemon

At the most I've seen people say that Devil May Cry shouldn't have never left Japan or been made out of Japan.
You mean people saying "Capcom shud let PG make DMC" ? Yeah but that is a complaint of developers not about art style, and is more of "PG is good at gameplay, DMC is about gameplay = 1+1 =2 = true";

TheOneGirl

What? Are you kidding me? This is a reboot. It's starting fresh. It's abandoning/replacing what came before it, most notably it's established characters and story. Yes, this reboot is still DMC in spirit, but it's still very different from the old series. Which is why some people, myself included, want it back. It's just not the same. Understand that please.

That's not the problem. The old series wasn't perfect, yes, people have every right to point out its flaws. But everyone here does it in a negative light. They point out the flaws as a reason for Capcom -NOT- to do a DMC5. And so they can roll with DmC. See the difference? I mean, I'm not letting that get to me, but it just boggles my mind. The majority of this forum now has a "Out with the old, in with the new" mindset. :/ It's not what it used to be.

Yes, people change. To better, not to worse. This isn't for the better, in my honest opinion. I mean, what do we gain from this? All Capcom succeeded in doing was splitting it's fan base in half. And lol, bro? Did you see the poll on here that asked if we could have a DMC5 or DmC2? DmC2 was ahead by twenty more votes. I don't know about you, but that says a lot.

Regardless if people asked for a reboot after DMC4, that doesn't mean you mean you ditch what you already have. Chances are, those asking for a reboot, were in the minority. I honestly did not see one DMC fan ask for one. That was the wrong move. The whole point of DmC was to gain more fans. What have they gained besides death threats, a split fan base, and loss of sales? More bad than good came out of DmC, whether you like that or not.

That's fine man. Example: One of the posters around here is constantly lushing out hate for Dante yet at the same time claims to be a veteran fan of the series. Which, to me, makes little to no sense, considering Dante is what makes Devil May Cry. Even in gameplay elements. It's hard to conceive because the majority of DMC fans didn't love DMC only for its gameplay, they loved its characters and story. How are you a veteran fan of a series where the gameplay is the only thing you like? I smell bullshit.

I know what's depressing and I know what isn't. I'm passionate about gaming and Devil May Cry is my favorite game series of all time. If it never continues, then yes, I will find that depressing. You can't tell me otherwise. The problem is though, DmC isn't bringing new fans. It's driving them away. I understand your logic but it's flawed considering DmC's reception has been mostly negative. Like I said before, nothing good is coming out of it. If DmC was classified as a spin-off instead, rather than a reboot, I guarantee you there would've been much less rage. Nothing is replaced. Everyone wins.

I agree wholeheartedly. Insulting each other is uncalled for and unnecessary, which is what I try to avoid doing. And to me, Dante is more than a fictional character. He's an icon. He's an idol to me. I even cosplayed as him.
Preach!
Z

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Even if we get a DMC5 (which I hope), it seems likely that Nero will star as the main character and Dante might not be in it this time since it was hinted by the ending of DMC4, that DMC4 could be Dante's last time in the limelight (for now).

Dante said "What you do from here is your call" signaling that Nero would be on his own unique adventures.

When Nero asked "Will we ever meet again?" and Dante in reply to his question just waved away. Its like he was saying goodbye to not just Nero but his fans as well.

Then the secret ending showed that Dante will do what he loves and love what he'll do and we don't need to see him do crazy stuff for he is Dante and will always be Dante, the badass demon hunter who do what he do and go crazy, stuff like knowing the truth about Sparda or being relevant to the plot, isn't for him or he cares that its up for Nero to push the series in his direction.

JeSuisUnNephilim

Enslave my soul But I'll never surrender
Think im late to this topic but I kinda wanted to poke at the fact that. I dont think there could be any more DMC with the white haired because of the way capcom decided to hack it up....Not sure how many people know the storyline order and how screwed up it is. cause i mean its just Dmc3, dmc 1, dmc anime, dmc 4. dmc 2, and then im not sure where the comics/mangas fit in. I mean. they could if they really wanted to but im not sure. I'd like more of either one but i just kind of think they did a reboot because of the storyline order. they wanted to refresh it. as I said though. I would like more of both cause. well. ._. i wants.

XfactorLV3Vergil

I'm Motivated
Kind of hard to say. I want Capcom to pick up off the ending of DMC1, but putting DMC4 into the mix makes that rather difficult. If they could somehow combine the two that would be amazing. Dante, Nero, Vergil (if he somehow returns) all in one game = atruhjfdjncxkj!!?!!!?11

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would say story but that's also why I don't want to see a DMC5 because from both the anime/4 i didnt get the sense that the development team really cared about the story or tieing things up.

People complain that DmC prevented them from getting a DMC5 that answered questions and provided closure but chances are they werent gonna get either of those anyway.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I agree, but to be honest, i would like to see both. Like one of the people above said "i wants it because i wants". I agree. I want more of both. To me, more dmc, in any storyline (DMC or DmC) is good and i want as much of it as i can get. I want more devil may cry because i like dante, i like vergil, i like the concept, the setting, the art, and i love hack and slash. I hope they continue both series.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm one of those weirdos who enjoys seeing how other people handle a franchise/characters, so i was real happy to see DmC. but hey. a lot of people don't feel the same as i do. DMC5 sounds interesting but i doubt i'd be really into it. i'd be looking forward to DmC2 too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom