• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but I just want a good story with that gameplay, otherwise it just feels baron. It's just a button mashing media piece with no actual substance to be taken seriously. I just happen to enjoy games with a good story and good gameplay, sue me.
Yes,no one said you can't enjoy it like that.Of course I like it like that too.
But even if a game doesn't have one of the most amazing stories our there,doesn't mean it's bad.
For me,other things count too,and If I feel good playing that game,then I won't putting so much price on how it doesn't compare with other games or become way too harsh or finding each cons it has,because if you let the negative take over the positive you won't have the same pleasure while playing it and you will only focus on what it lacks and such.
I liked playing it,it gave me a good video game player experience and I'm sure others liked it too,not everything revolves around story,as I said,other things count too,I'd focus more on gameplay,characters,atmosphere if it doesn't have so much story development,do you see where I'm actually going?
Each game has its flaws on a certain matter,but it's good when it comes to another aspect. :).

IncarnatedDemon

According to my definition of Gameplay, it includes everything that creates a interactive enviroment:

Characters, dialogues for these characters, sounds/audio, effects, atmosphere, quests,

Where as cinematics and a storyline is what i would say is not part of the gameplay.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yes,no one said you can't enjoy it like that.Of course I like it like that too.
But even if a game doesn't have one of the most amazing stories our there,doesn't mean it's bad.

Of course not. I've played games with bad stories before.

For me,other things count too,and If I feel good playing that game,then I won't putting so much price on how it doesn't compare with other games or become way too harsh or finding each cons it has,because if you let the negative take over the positive you won't have the same pleasure while playing it and you will only focus on what it lacks and such.

It's more so the fact of I'm paying like 60 or 70 bucks for a game and if I'm paying that much money for it, it better have some good story and gameplay.

I liked playing it,it gave me a good video game player experience and I'm sure others liked it too,not everything revolves around story,as I said,other things count too,I'd focus more on gameplay,characters,atmosphere if it doesn't have so much story development,do you see where I'm actually going?
Each game has its flaws on a certain matter,but it's good when it comes to another aspect. :).

Yeah, you got a point there.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Not quite. It was one of the people that worked on RE4, not all of them. Kobayashi was the producer of both the 1st and 4th games and he also worked of RE4. Plastering that like it was a selling point was a bit of false advertising. Kobayashi wasn't the reason that RE4 and DMC1 were successful. The common factor that made DMC1 and RE4 was actually Shinji Mikami, he gave both games the atmosphere and attitude that the two share.

However, a game isn't made by one or two men but the entire staff. The art department, the script, the modelers, the animators, they all add to the character of the game, and if they people of RE4 work on DMC5 they will give it a different character and persona than DMC4.

Ah, alright then, I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up!

sparda@nana

The Legendary Dark Knight
In fact,I do not eager for DMC5 so much
JUST UNWILLING TO SEE DANTE'S RUINED,just like in DmC

:'(

I know the story of devil may cry reached the goal since dmc4,
(That's why the appearance of Nero and Donte:mad: )
even through,I really want to play a new episode of devil may cry,to know more about Vergil or Sparda.

By the way,if Capcom cannot make the reasonable story and stylish gameplay,
PLEASE,LET DEVIL MAY CRY OFF AND END IN DMC4.

Please,I am begging you Capcom........:'(

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And I should care about those people...why? There not me, and I care about story along with gameplay. Why should I have to lower one standard just to play a game? Why do I have to have a game with good gameplay but a crappy story (DMC1-4), or play a game with a good story, but crap gameplay? (Assassin's Creed 1)

I never said you have to lower your standards.

You basically said if DMC had a better story it would become more popular hence more people will like it because it had a good story.

I just stated the error in this statement by listing series with zero focus on story (some not having a story at all) or series with poor story or sense of narrative and why they became so popular in the first place.

The highest selling video games out there are arguably the Call of Duty and Mario franchise and people barely buy those games for story. People play CoD's story once and never touch it and spends 99% of their time on its multiplayer...its selling point.

God of War's selling point was its blood, gore, nudity, and intense violence. Though it does have a strong sense of narrative...its mostly "grrrrrrr Kratos is ****ed, f*ck sh*t up".

DMC's selling point was its revolutionary gameplay and over the top gameplay (same goes for Bayonetta).

Whats DmC's selling point?............................................................You got one???

http://troll.me/images/asfd/look-its-****ing-nothing.jpg

Other than being a controversial reboot of Devil May Cry. On its own merits DmC would've just been forgotten in the wind with a lot of other mediocre titles.

DMC peaked at DMC4, its not going to get much better (reboot or no reboot)....at the most 3 mil....f*cking 5 million what is wrong with Capcom? The fact that DMC even sells as well as it does in a very niche genre and the only game that outsells it is God of War says something about its popularity (it was good enough). Capcom should finally face facts that DMC will never sell as good as God of War because unlike DMC GoW has tits and gore with extremely ripped manly men doing manly sh*t (the selling point of a lot of video game series).

Hey has anyone seen this video ??
It really shows how the gameplay differs from one another.

DMC4 may be a 2008 game,but it has way more beautiful graphics and textures.A beautiful feeling to it. :/
DMC3's combat was faster and more complex.
DMC1 didn't have the graphics but it had the gameplay.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
DmC wasn't a bad GAME! It featured awsome gameplay as ever and it's whole outtake on the media being evil was interesting. Except the characters sucked. But if we went back to the old and original Devil May Cry then what would we do? We're going to go back and add two more games or somthing? The reboot was created for good purposes even though it's hard to see and understand. One game on the original might make my point. But will it be good for the actual series? Or just for the heck you don't want to see DmC Dante? Change is good to those who can adapt. We have to adapt. Even if it means you cry a little... or a lot. :/

The Rebellion

"We do what we want "
dmc is a fine game gameplay is great story is .......can't even say ending of dmc was what the hell *spoiler * ( if havent played ) but Vergil was not even the bad guy " we weren't fighting for your freedom it was his not yours" dmc dante's quote anyways only Dmc for bosses and Gameplay

EnJ

Shade
Looking at the fact that the DmC did not bring anything good except environment design (and f**k this BS about "S-s-story!!! Complex character development!!") i prefer DMC 5 over DmC by any aspect.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DmC wasn't a bad GAME! It featured awsome gameplay as ever and it's whole outtake on the media being evil was interesting. Except the characters sucked. But if we went back to the old and original Devil May Cry then what would we do? We're going to go back and add two more games or somthing? The reboot was created for good purposes even though it's hard to see and understand. One game on the original might make my point. But will it be good for the actual series? Or just for the heck you don't want to see DmC Dante? Change is good to those who can adapt. We have to adapt. Even if it means you cry a little... or a lot. :/

I agree that it wasn't a bad game. I thought its portrayal of the media and corporations being evil was incredibly hackneyed, though. It just seems like something every hippie still in existence would say (and many ignorant young people). Media aren't evil, just biased, usually. Which is why I might watch the Rachel Maddow show, and others watch more right-wing shows. All of this just reminds me of those people who think companies are evil because 'oh no, they sell products with artificial flavoring' (sort of the idea when Dante smacks the can of Virility out of that guy's hand). Of course they do. A lot of things really taste a lot better with artificial flavoring. It doesn't matter that it's not 'all natural', because even artificial things are usually created from naturally occurring substances. If not, they've still been tested on whether they're dangerous or not. 'oh, well... this has the chance to cause cancer'. No, nothing 'causes' cancer. Maybe you'll have it at a younger age, but that would only be if you consumed a huge amount of carcinogenic products every day.
Sorry for the rant, but I feel this strongly.

And as for DMC, all that's been asked for is one more DMC game to end the series with a bang, while tying up all (or most) loose ends. Most people who dislike DmC are not afraid of change, but they are afraid of a series being milked to death, while many things that made it Devil May Cry are replaced by things only remotely similar. We don't have to adapt to change if we don't want to or need to, especially if the change is unnecessary or for the worse. We're all adults, but more importantly, we're consumers, so we have the right to tell developers what we'd like to see, and what we wouldn't. And they usually listen. I think DmC's sales figure speaks for itself; DmC wasn't unpopular because 'the H&S genre was suddenly out of vogue', it just wasn't very enjoyable to some. If Devil May Cry isn't as popular as it should be, then let it die. Kojima has also said MGS: The Phantom Pain is the last MGS game he'll make. At some point, you've just had enough of it and need to try something new - something hopefully even better than the last product, because you've gained experience.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DMC5 would be interesting. and the only reason i'm saying continue with DmC is (to me) capcom doesn't seem to know what to ****ing do with their characters. they turned dante from a gun toting badass into an anime cliche. and though it works for the actual anime and DMC1 (and sorta 2) 3 and 4 just feel like they were copy paste anime template characters with lines that were too cheesy for me (which is saying a lot because i kinda dig the cheese). Then, in DMC4, they not only replace him with a new guy who i just warmed up to, but they gave dante like 1/4 of the game. and that kinda sucked in my eyes.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC5 would be interesting. and the only reason i'm saying continue with DmC is (to me) capcom doesn't seem to know what to ******* do with their characters. they turned dante from a gun toting badass into an anime cliche. and though it works for the actual anime and DMC1 (and sorta 2) 3 and 4 just feel like they were copy paste anime template characters with lines that were too cheesy for me (which is saying a lot because i kinda dig the cheese). Then, in DMC4, they not only replace him with a new guy who i just warmed up to, but they gave dante like 1/4 of the game. and that kinda sucked in my eyes.

You know they could've removed Dante from DMC4 completely. I've seen games or series replace certain key characters for new characters because NEW characters = NEW possibilities. I mean even Kamiya said he planned for each DMC game (well if under his guidance) to star a new protagonist with every new game.

Dante's story in DMC was over by DMC3. DMC1 was the middle, DMC2 was the end, and DMC3 was the beginning of Dante's story...or better yet DMC3 was the beginning, DMC1 was the middle, and DMC2 was the end of Dante's story. At least introducing a new main character was a smart move if they wanted to continue DMC.

Plus Dante was always an anime cliche....just an anime cliche of the 80s.

Yippee I didn't know it could get anymore cheesy than "Flock off feather face!!" or better yet...

Geez even Trish in MvC3 was poking fun at that quote.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
You know they could've removed Dante from DMC4 completely. I've seen games or series replace certain key characters for new characters because NEW characters = NEW possibilities. I mean even Kamiya said he planned for each DMC game (well if under his guidance) to star a new protagonist with every new game.

Dante's story in DMC was over by DMC3. DMC1 was the middle, DMC2 was the end, and DMC3 was the beginning of Dante's story...or better yet DMC3 was the beginning, DMC1 was the middle, and DMC2 was the end of Dante's story. At least introducing a new main character was a smart move if they wanted to continue DMC.

Plus Dante was always an anime cliche....just an anime cliche of the 80s.

Yippee I didn't know it could get anymore cheesy than "Flock off feather face!!" or better yet...

Geez even Trish in MvC3 was poking fun at that quote.

that would have worked if they started out doing that. but they didn't. they made the damn series about dante and then they just up and clone him. don't clone. if you gonna do something different...DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. NEW POSSIBILITIES...jeez.

AND HEY!!! 80's cliche + anime cliche= badass overload.

but a game with just trish would be boss...ass...demon ass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom