• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people here complain about Dante or old DMC in general being too anime or japanese?

A game from Japan is too japanese? Oh no!
What is cultural difference and influence? Man I really wish a western company would give this Japanese game a make over! Urgh! Why do I keep playing these japanese games! When's the new madden coming out?

John_madden.jpg

I mean just look at this cover.

Devil_May_Cry_3_Dvd_ntsc-front.jpg

Japanese dev company logo
The frikken guy on the front cover looks very 'anime'

You are all pretty silly and you should have known what you were getting into just from looking at the damn cover. Devil May Cry was obviously never meant for you if you don't like anime style games. Must have been hell for some of you with each release praying for a more western Devil May Cry. Yep a long 11-12 years....

Onecrazymonkey1

DMC1 and DMC2 didn't remind me of anime at all :/. I feel like they started to change the whole feel of the series around DMC3 (not necessarily a bad thing because I prefer 3 over 2). However
I can understand someone not getting an anime feel when getting into the first or second game.

EDIT: never mind, I don't even watch anime so maybe I don't even know...disregard this post ha

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what someone means when they complain about something being too "anime" I mean there's like different genres do you mean Shoujo, Shonen, ect? Anime like Cowboy bebop, Evangelion, Berserk, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? What do you mean by to "anime-ish"?!?!
tumblr_m6d3piZCjQ1r93l9w.gif

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why do people here complain about Dante or old DMC in general being too anime or japanese?

A game from Japan is too japanese? Oh no!
What is cultural difference and influence? Man I really wish a western company would give this Japanese game a make over! Urgh! Why do I keep playing these japanese games! When's the new madden coming out?

John_madden.jpg

I mean just look at this cover.

Devil_May_Cry_3_Dvd_ntsc-front.jpg

Japanese dev company logo
The frikken guy on the front cover looks very 'anime'

You are all pretty silly and you should have known what you were getting into just from looking at the damn cover. Devil May Cry was obviously never meant for you if you don't like anime style games. Must have been hell for some of you with each release praying for a more western Devil May Cry. Yep a long 11-12 years....

Oh, boo-hoo my favorite anime video game character's gone! Woe is me!

But seriously, I never cared if Dante was anime styled that much. But I did care about the quality of how anime it was, and frankly DMC bits the dust with its anime style in my opinion.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what someone means when they complain about something being too "anime" I mean there's like different genres do you mean Shoujo, Shonen, ect? Anime like Cowboy bebop, Evangelion, Berserk, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? What do you mean by to "anime-ish"?!?!
tumblr_m6d3piZCjQ1r93l9w.gif

I'm guessing they mean mainstream anime like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy tail (Which is one of the best), and One Piece. All the ones you named are pretty much under the radar compared to the "Big Three" (Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach) which has gotten a lot of love. But Bleach is slowly fading, Naruto's getting repetitive, but One Piece is still going strong. Hell Fairy Tail might replace Bleach or Naruto.

Back to my point; people think it's getting to Shonen anime, and some people don't like that overly shonen style of anime, thus why they (Including myself) think that DMC has gotten to "Shonen" on us.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

But seriously, I never cared if Dante was anime styled that much. But I did care about the quality of how anime it was, and frankly DMC bits the dust with its anime style in my opinion.

I'm guessing they mean mainstream anime like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy tail (Which is one of the best), and One Piece. All the ones you named are pretty much under the radar compared to the "Big Three" (Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach) which has gotten a lot of love. But Bleach is slowly fading, Naruto's getting repetitive, but One Piece is still going strong. Hell Fairy Tail might replace Bleach or Naruto.

Back to my point; people think it's getting to Shonen anime, and some people don't like that overly shonen style of anime, thus why they (Including myself) think that DMC has gotten to "Shonen" on us.

OpoQQ.jpg

DAFUQ I JUST READ!?!?!

Fairy Tail...one of the best...might replace Naruto or Bleach?

Am I high right now???

Oh wait your probably the one's who only watch the anime right.....right???

DragonMaster2010

OpoQQ.jpg

DAFUQ I JUST READ!?!?!

Fairy Tail...one of the best...might replace Naruto or Bleach?

Am I high right now???

Oh wait your probably the one's who only watch the anime right.....right???

I hardly have time to watch anime, but when I do, it's either fairy tail or B Gata H Kei (Or at least finishing that series)

But Fairy Tail's pretty good compared to Naruto in my opinion. But that's probably because I can't stand Naruto.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I hardly have time to watch anime, but when I do, it's either fairy tail or B Gata H Kei (Or at least finishing that series)

But Fairy Tail's pretty good compared to Naruto in my opinion. But that's probably because I can't stand Naruto.

There is a reason why the Fairy Tail anime is getting cancelled..scratch that GOT cancelled. I've read the manga and I can see why the animators would want to stop working on it and its not like Bleach where the ratings were drastically dropping Fairy Tail ratings were still the same.

I can understand Naruto, especially the anime (God the animators don't have much pride in that show til recently).

Wait how far are you in Fairy Tail?

DragonMaster2010

There is a reason why the Fairy Tail anime is getting cancelled..scratch that GOT cancelled. I've read the manga and I can see why the animators would want to stop working on it and its not like Bleach where the ratings were drastically dropping Fairy Tail ratings were still the same.

I can understand Naruto, especially the anime (God the animators don't have much pride in that show til recently).

Wait how far are you in Fairy Tail?

Sadly I recently finished the Laxus saga so I'm not that far.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Sadly I recently finished the Laxus saga so I'm not that far.

Ohhh!!! Nevermind....you'll most likely still like Fairy Tail until the Tenrou Island arc...well...maybe...if you really like the series.

Plus the Big 3 doesn't work like how you descibe it. The Big 3 only refers to manga (in terms of sales). The top 3 selling manga Shonen series becomes part of the Big 3. Plus another series already replaced Bleach in the Big 3.

Its called Toriko.

images

Its an action Shonen manga/anime about eating and food. Think DBZ/One Piece but about food.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
LOL! Apparently Fairy Tail is also on it's Downfall era now.
I'm pretty sure Stylish nero knows what i'm talking about since he reads the manga.

If you liked Devil May Cry you'd be pretty sad to see Dante go.

Like I said, how did it feel waiting over a decade for Capcom to 'fix' devil may cry?
Ever been in a long queue waiting to be served for something or whatever? Your feet hurt, you're getting fidgetu time is going is going too slow, you're over hearing conversations learning about the people you don't even know.

And then finally it's your turn to be served. It's so satisfying. It's a good feeling most shrug off.
But damn it feels good when it's finally your turn.

It felt like that didn't it? I bet it did. "Finally a western Devil May Cry! I no longer have to suffer from the abysmal garbage that is Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4. thank you, Ninja Theory!"

4 copies of anime garbage that was not meant for you and now the holy grail has been passed down to gamers poisoned by the Devil May Cry series. Rest easy, DmC: Devil May Cry is upon us.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Off-topic: Fact is Fairy Tail wasn't cancelled. It went on hiatus since it got close to the manga so they need more time. At least there is an OVA 5 release. Anyways, the current arc is good.

Like I said, how did it feel waiting over a decade for Capcom to 'fix' devil may cry?
Ever been in a long queue waiting to be served for something or whatever? Your feet hurt, you're getting fidgety time is going is going too slow, you're over hearing conversations learning about the people you don't even know.

And then finally it's your turn to be served. It's so satisfying. It's a good feeling most shrug off.

It felt like that didn't it? I bet it did. "Finally a western Devil May Cry! I no longer have to suffer from the abysmal garbage that is Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4. thank you, Ninja Theory!"

4 copies of anime garbage that was not meant for you and now the holy grail has been passed down to gamers poisoned by the Devil May Cry series. Rest easy, DmC: Devil May Cry is upon us.

Wow, what a total whinefest this is.

For the fanbase, he was some sort of an 'icon', but for the ordinary gamer, he was just another video game character. Sorry, but thru DMC3 and DMC4, the franchise turned into a more anime-ish style. Aside from Fairy Tail, my favorite anime show is Black Lagoon. Heck, it wasn't even anime-ish to begin with and I can even compare it to DmC.

If any video game character that I can consider an 'icon', it'll be Solid Snake. Oh, and Big Boss.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
For the fanbase, he was some sort of an 'icon', but for the ordinary gamer, he was just another video game character. Sorry, but thru DMC3 and DMC4, the franchise turned into a more anime-ish style.

For the last time, the problem is not it's animeish. It's the writing and the fact that it switched from Seinen to a shonen to something like a Shoujo(DMC 4).

DragonMaster2010

Ever been in a long queue waiting to be served for something or whatever? Your feet hurt, you're getting fidgetu time is going is going too slow, you're over hearing conversations learning about the people you don't even know.

Yep, pretty much this.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
For the fanbase, he was some sort of an 'icon', but for the ordinary gamer, he was just another video game character. Sorry, but thru DMC3 and DMC4, the franchise turned into a more anime-ish style.
"For the fanbase"? Are you implying that every person that is part of the fanbase agree with that statement? "Fanbase" isn't one person.

"Anime-ish"? Is this a serious argument? I readed the whole thread and I still don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom