• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 25469

Why I want DMC5:

- Japanese flair
- Dante being a lighthearted jokester and taunting his enemies in buffoonish ways (as opposed to **** you, asshole...)
- Amazing combat depth in the level of Devil May Cry 4 or more (DmC, while actually pretty good, is a few steps back and lacks the abysmally profound depth of DMC4)
- DMC3/4 style music (the thrashy garage band OST in DmC wasn't my style, frankly)
- Crazy over the top combat choreography in the cutscenes
- Enemy AI that doesn't telegraph every attack obviously for a million years
- Bosses that have no "contextual" actions, cutscenes, "special triggers"... I just want a hard an aggressive boss that I can defeat in a single, continuous bout (and not the CONSTANT INTERRUPTIONS in DmC bosses, as well as the absolute lack of challenge and extremely simplistic and massively telegraphed patterns)

And while the following views of mine may be offensive to some, they are actual content in DmC which I legitimally find disgusting:

- A distinct lack of thrashy depictions of "wasted and tons of sex" lifestyle and explicit references to phalluses and demonic intercourse (lilith/mundus)
- A distinct lack of vaginas on the face of my Bosses
- A distinct lack of visceral brutal grim dark edgy social relevance

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
i'm one of those weirdos who enjoys seeing how other people handle a franchise/characters, so i was real happy to see DmC. but hey. a lot of people don't feel the same as i do. DMC5 sounds interesting but i doubt i'd be really into it. i'd be looking forward to DmC2 too much.
Me too. A DmC2 has got a lot more potential as well. It'd be something I'd be more interested to see.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
because it would rock and i wanna see the conclusion to dante and neros stories and id like dmc5 and dmc6 as dante is still young enough to go for years old dmc is a better story that appeals more to me than the reboot we had nearly 10 years with it but it wasnt over by a longshot dante and nero were cut before there time nero got one game i wanna see his powers and story develop as much as orig dantes so thats why i want it and i think dmc4 was awesome best and most fun combat of the series esp with dante if u mastered j'cing juggling with it while style and weapon switching it was fantastic as was dmc3 that rocked so did dmc1 and although dmc2 wasnt as good as the rest it still had some great aspects

IncarnatedDemon

Me too. A DmC2 has got a lot more potential as well. It'd be something I'd be more interested to see.
What potential do DmC have from a gameplay perspective, because gameplay is what defines a good game, and that is whats most important to adress. Demon Souls isnt loved because it has a story or because the surroundings are dynamic with water falling down when it rains.
Neither is Dark Souls loved for that reason.

They are loved because they are simply games with good gameplay.
Even though enviroments is part of gameplay too, it's not significant to a genre like Hack and Slash, enviroments would be most important in a adventure game, and maybe less important in a RPG, and much more less importance in a hack and slash game.

So what potential do DmC have? Because when you say potential i think of new things that DmC can add to DMC gameplay formula. Because DmC gameplay that you see is NOT A NEW CONCEPT. Its always been there since DMC 3.

I dont see DmC having anything significant potential within the gameplay. If by potential you mean "The potential to be more polished and maybe have 60 fps, and other stuff like taunt that past Devil May Cry had" then yes DmC has potential.
But if you mean potential as in something new and exciting or something that hasnt been done very well before then no DmC has no potential.

Gameplay in DmC is the same as past games with different implementation. There is still comboing, still jump cancel, mostly the same attacks from past games.
And they made staying in air easier by using grapples.

My field of vision may be clouded though, and i acknowledge this, which is why i will genuinly ask: what potential does DmC have with it's gameplay that DMC doesn't?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What potential do DmC have from a gameplay perspective, because gameplay is what defines a good game, and that is whats most important to adress. Demon Souls isnt loved because it has a story or because the surroundings are dynamic with water falling down when it rains.
Neither is Dark Souls loved for that reason.

They are loved because they are simply games with good gameplay.
Even though enviroments is part of gameplay too, it's not significant to a genre like Hack and Slash, enviroments would be most important in a adventure game, and maybe less important in a RPG, and much more less importance in a hack and slash game.

So what potential do DmC have? Because when you say potential i think of new things that DmC can add to DMC gameplay formula. Because DmC gameplay that you see is NOT A NEW CONCEPT. Its always been there since DMC 3.

I dont see DmC having anything significant potential within the gameplay. If by potential you mean "The potential to be more polished and maybe have 60 fps, and other stuff like taunt that past Devil May Cry had" then yes DmC has potential.
But if you mean potential as in something new and exciting or something that hasnt been done very well before then no DmC has no potential.

Gameplay in DmC is the same as past games with different implementation. There is still comboing, still jump cancel, mostly the same attacks from past games.
And they made staying in air easier by using grapples.

My field of vision may be clouded though, and i acknowledge this, which is why i will genuinly ask: what potential does DmC have with it's gameplay that DMC doesn't?

You say that like NT doesn't know how to evolve and improve on DmC. NT could actually be learning more on DMC and its gameplay, and could be trying to add more to DmC2 and also be developing some new things of their own. I believe DmC2 could have the potential to be the best Devil May Cry game ever made since DMC3 if NT and Capcom really puts their heads together and knuckle down.

IncarnatedDemon

You say that like NT doesn't know how to evolve and improve on DmC. NT could actually be learning more on DMC and its gameplay, and could be trying to add more to DmC2 and also be developing some new things of their own. I believe DmC2 could have the potential to be the best Devil May Cry game ever made since DMC3 if NT and Capcom really puts their heads together and knuckle down.
Your belief isn't bad. But wouldn't that also apply to Vigil games if they were in NT's situation with a DmC2?
Do you believe NT is the only hack and slash company that could make the second entry of a reboot really good if Capcom worked with them closely?

But NT had a chance and they failed on the gameplay. Yes they managed to reproduce the DMC gameplay, but did they really innovate it? I don't think so. And whatever gameplay innovation they brought to DMC formula, was it worth what was lost : lock on, 60 fps and taunt for example?

Anyway PG seems to be pushing Hack and Slash, with Bayo 2 to have coop mode.

I think if PG and Capcom team came together and worked to innovate HAck and slash genre on a huge scale, then they would succeed.

Capcom DMC team and PG Team ----> Two of the best Hack and Slash teams ever.

DMC and DmC have so much potential,but they aren't the best people to bring out that potential in these games.
(I even had a lot of ideas for the games) They're not interested in making them great anymore or making way more people like it,they just focus on how to make more money..and that's all.
It's sad,because there are many ingenious ways for them to make the franchise a lot better,but they just won't do,because as I said,they have other interests other than make the fans and the gamers more thrilled while playing them.

Going back on-topic.

The main reason I want a DMC5 is that I hate things that are half-way done.
I want a start and and end to everything,even if the end might sound a little bit sad.

For me DMC4 was the background for introducing Nero,a new character as for Dante it was just an ordinary day of a demon hunter. That's why I think it's best for them to continue the series,to give us more view into the new characters,give us more action and new adventures,possible new twists to the story,bringing back characters and such. Because the own idea of the game it's good and it would be a shame for them not to develop it even more or to clarify the story a little bit.
Because,even if the story wasn't that great many people enjoyed it,and this what matters.
Not even to add DMC2 ended quite vague.

The gameplay and the action DMC brought always made me play it a lot.So,another game with these elements in it,and a good continuation with more insight on the characters and creative ways to make the story enjoyable would be great.DMC brought that concept of stylish gameplay and action. And that's a game's goal.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Me I want to see what Itsuno and his new team can do?

For starters:

• Has new members and consists of 150 workers (more than before so they have more handymen to get more work done)
  • He now has people who worked on RE4 on his team.....RESIDENT MUTHERF*CKING EVIL 4...They literally combined the team behind DMC3/4 with RE4's team that is an interested combo. DMC hadn't had a RE team behind since the first one.
  • They have a new stronger, better engine (I loved how UMvC3 looked and played with the MT Framework 2.0) and the new Panta Rhei engine looks pretty impressive...I wonder what it can do?
  • I LOVED DRAGON'S DOGMA
  • I find how Itsuno and his team was able to innovate or come up with some new ideas in the WRPG genre with DD fascinating and all the creative ideas they put into it makes it truly standout (if it fixed some of its problems....fast travel...It could be better than Skyrim/Elder Scrolls).
  • Plus his team just made a great RPG game....I really want to see what they learned from developing DD and see if they can apply it to DMC to make a new creative experience in the Hack n slash genre.
  • Itsuno's Team>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ninja Theory (maybe not in story telling since DD had no story but in overall enjoyment and better gameplay plus I don't play games for the story....story to me is icing on the cake but a cake isn't delicious on its own with just icing in fact the best part of a cake is the cake itself not the icing and NT's icing is nothing I won't miss. I'll rather have no icing if the cake is extremely delicious on its own than a bland cake with barely okay icing. DD had no story....or barely had one but it was a far better experience for me than DmC).
  • Plus its MUTHERF*CKING HIDEAKI ITSUNO (He made Power Stones 1 & 2, SNK vs Capcom, DMC3, Star Gladiator 1 & 2, and Rival Schools 1 &2 ALL AMAZING AND FUN GAMES. I consider him a better developer than Kamiya....although I love Power Stones more of all his works)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Me I want to see what Itsuno and his new team can do?

For starters:

• Has new members and consists of 150 workers (more than before so they have more handymen to get more work done)
  • He now has people who worked on RE4 on his team.....RESIDENT MUTHERF*CKING EVIL 4...They literally combined the team behind DMC3/4 with RE4's team that is an interested combo. DMC hadn't had a RE team behind since the first one.
  • They have a new stronger, better engine (I loved how UMvC3 looked and played with the MT Framework 2.0) and the new Panta Rhei engine looks pretty impressive...I wonder what it can do?
  • I LOVED DRAGON'S DOGMA
  • I find how Itsuno and his team was able to innovate or come up with some new ideas in the WRPG genre with DD fascinating and all the creative ideas they put into it makes it truly standout (if it fixed some of its problems....fast travel...It could be better than Skyrim/Elder Scrolls).
  • Plus his team just made a great RPG game....I really want to see what they learned from developing DD and see if they can apply it to DMC to make a new creative experience in the Hack n slash genre.
  • Itsuno's Team>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ninja Theory (maybe not in story telling since DD had no story but in overall enjoyment and better gameplay plus I don't play games for the story....story to me is icing on the cake but a cake isn't delicious on its own with just icing in fact the best part of a cake is the cake itself not the icing and NT's icing is nothing I won't miss. I'll rather have no icing if the cake is extremely delicious on its own than a bland cake with barely okay icing. DD had no story....or barely had one but it was a far better experience for me than DmC).
  • Plus its MUTHERF*CKING HIDEAKI ITSUNO (He made Power Stones 1 & 2, SNK vs Capcom, DMC3, Star Gladiator 1 & 2, and Rival Schools 1 &2 ALL AMAZING AND FUN GAMES. I consider him a better developer than Kamiya....although I love Power Stones more of all his works)

The guys who worked on DMC4 also worked on Resident Evil 4 (it says so on the back of the DMC4 box) so I'm pretty sure he didn't combine those teams just now.

Dragon's Dogma is pretty good, and I'd say it's underrated. If Skyrim gets a 9/10, DD probably should too, though I'd say they're worth 8/10. Didn't think it was innovative, though; nothing I haven't seen before in some form. But then, innovation is one of the least important aspects of a game, in my book, along with graphics.

DragonMaster2010

Yeah but will they? Can they?

That's the question.

Your belief isn't bad. But wouldn't that also apply to Vigil games if they were in NT's situation with a DmC2?
Do you believe NT is the only hack and slash company that could make the second entry of a reboot really good if Capcom worked with them closely?

But NT had a chance and they failed on the gameplay. Yes they managed to reproduce the DMC gameplay, but did they really innovate it? I don't think so. And whatever gameplay innovation they brought to DMC formula, was it worth what was lost : lock on, 60 fps and taunt for example?

Anyway PG seems to be pushing Hack and Slash, with Bayo 2 to have coop mode.

I think if PG and Capcom team came together and worked to innovate HAck and slash genre on a huge scale, then they would succeed.

Capcom DMC team and PG Team ----> Two of the best Hack and Slash teams ever.

True P* could make a good DMC game, but I'd rather have NT do a DmC sequel then letting it be spit on by a bunch of developers who messed up the original DMC story in the first place.

DMC and DmC have so much potential,but they aren't the best people to bring out that potential in these games.
(I even had a lot of ideas for the games) They're not interested in making them great anymore or making way more people like it,they just focus on how to make more money..and that's all.
It's sad,because there are many ingenious ways for them to make the franchise a lot better,but they just won't do,because as I said,they have other interests other than make the fans and the gamers more thrilled while playing them.

Yeah, that's what depresses me too. DmC and DMC had good potential.

with DMC, it was already popular and if Capcom really paid attention to the story and really get a handle on their plotting along with good character development and unique presentability, then DMC would have been more popular then before.

and with DmC, I honestly think it should've been called "Nephilim" or "Limbo City" with a few changes in name, the Sparda story and Dante's hair turning white at the end, then DmC would have actually sold more in the sense that people wouldn't see it as a game that was going to replace DMC, but as a game that takes points from DMC, and is doing its own thing with it.

Just money making is all I see...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
True P* could make a good DMC game, but I'd rather have NT do a DmC sequel then letting it be spit on by a bunch of developers who messed up the original DMC story in the first place.

Wait who PG or Capcom?

Yeah, that's what depresses me too. DmC and DMC had good potential.

with DMC, it was already popular and if Capcom really paid attention to the story and really get a handle on their plotting along with good character development and unique presentability, then DMC would have been more popular then before.

Its this kind of hogwash way of thinking and perceiving things you really need to break the habit of.

A Good Story doesn't make a great game (on its own) nor does it make a series really popular.

I mean Capcom's highest selling series Street Fighter and Resident Evil are a strong example of this.

Street Fighter keeps on getting popular (although SF4 was a bit disappointing to some) and building a strong fanbase despite the fact Capcom can give f*cks all to give SF a story (they'll probably now due to Injustice and MK9 bu I doubt it'll be any good like DoA5 level and not even MK9 and Injustice story were that great.

Resident Evil sells quite amazingly despite having a story that is by face it pretty terrible was littered with plot holes since the first game and the games manages to keep selling more units (except RE6 cuz it sucks) and the highest selling RE games (RE4 and RE5) are littered with terrible writing and movie/anime cliches yet RE4 is very well revered as an amazing game.

Capcom's Monster Hunter which HAS NO STORY (just kill monsters) is rising in popularity rather quickly. Breaking 1 mil in Japan which is very rare and is rising in popularity in overseas where it has pretty high demand.

Bayonetta a new IP managed to outsold DmC and in fact for a new IP managed to almost reach 2 mil. DmC barely passed 1 mil. Bayonetta's story and characters are awful but it still has a loyal fanbase (that were willing to kill themselves because it was going to be a Wii-U exclusive) and is very strongly revered series that many (even reviewers and critics) considered the best hack and slash this gen or ever (debatable).

DMC was revolutionary for its gameplay and as an action game and for it shot up in popularity. Capcom/NT made a mistake when they made DmC was that they assume people would prefer the story and wouldn't care if they simplified, dumbed down, and streamlined its gameplay for the sake of a sh*t story......its GAMEPLAY.....THE VERY THING THAT MADE DMC FAMOUS TO BEGIN WITH as well as challenging gameplay (challenging to master and challenging to beat).

Dante today is still a major poster boy for action games and many other hack n slash games are compared to DMC (or GoW which was inspired by DMC).

If I wanted streamlined gameplay I would play God of War (it has a better story than DmC).

If Capcom and NT continues with this narrative over gameplay mindset DmC will have no future but a set of mediocre games and mediocre sales.

Many people don't play games for story they play it for FUN for you can only enjoy a story once or twice and if I wanted to see a good story I would read a book or watch a movie......or play a RPG/story based game.

DragonMaster2010

Many people don't play games for story they play it for FUN for you can only enjoy a story once or twice and if I wanted to see a good story I would read a book or watch a movie......or play a RPG/story based game.

And I should care about those people...why? There not me, and I care about story along with gameplay. Why should I have to lower one standard just to play a game? Why do I have to have a game with good gameplay but a crappy story (DMC1-4), or play a game with a good story, but crap gameplay? (Assassin's Creed 1)

berto

I Saw the Devil
The guys who worked on DMC4 also worked on Resident Evil 4 (it says so on the back of the DMC4 box) so I'm pretty sure he didn't combine those teams just now.
Not quite. It was one of the people that worked on RE4, not all of them. Kobayashi was the producer of both the 1st and 4th games and he also worked of RE4. Plastering that like it was a selling point was a bit of false advertising. Kobayashi wasn't the reason that RE4 and DMC1 were successful. The common factor that made DMC1 and RE4 was actually Shinji Mikami, he gave both games the atmosphere and attitude that the two share.

However, a game isn't made by one or two men but the entire staff. The art department, the script, the modelers, the animators, they all add to the character of the game, and if they people of RE4 work on DMC5 they will give it a different character and persona than DMC4.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Dude, DmC has already hit the 1 mil mark.
For storytelling, maybe Itsuno's team would be guided by NT; however, NT themselves want to learn better gameplay mechanics too! If you want good gameplay, good storytelling compliments it well, as well as good replay value.
If Itsuno's team would make DMC better, then I hope it doesn't end up being another DMC4 copy&paste. I may have liked DMC4 for its gameplay, but I wished it was made a little better as well as the story was just too cheesy. The DMC dev team became lazy with DMC4 sadly...

I agree with GF9000000Returns. Games need a balance of gameplay, storytelling (for those WITH a story), and value...

And I should care about those people...why? There not me, and I care about story along with gameplay. Why should I have to lower one standard just to play a game? Why do I have to have a game with good gameplay but a crappy story (DMC1-4), or play a game with a good story, but crap gameplay? (Assassin's Creed 1)
Let me clarify something.
Video games are to be enjoyed.
If someone enjoys a game,then so be it. I can enjoy a game with a plot that's not so good but has good gameplay,and one that has a good story but ****ty gameplay(not that much).I lean more to the first option since it's a video game,and video games are to be played most of all.
Many people seem to forget this.
If it does make me or you or anyone else feel good,then SO BE IT.
I don't think it's in anyone's right to say about a game that it sucks,because it's his opinion,doesn't mean someone else didn't enjoy it because someone else said : the story/gameplay is crappy.
But a video game's main purpose is to entertain the player.What's a video game without gameplay?

DragonMaster2010

Let me clarify something.
Video games are to be enjoyed.
If someone enjoys a game,then so be it. I can enjoy a game with a plot that's not so good but has good gameplay,and one that has a good story but ****ty gameplay(not that much).I lean more to the first option since it's a video game,and video games are to be played most of all.
Many people seem to forget this.
If it does make me or you or anyone else feel good,then SO BE IT.
I don't think it's in anyone's right to say about a game that it sucks,because it's his opinion,doesn't mean someone else didn't enjoy it because someone else said : the story/gameplay is crappy.
But a video game's main purpose is to entertain the player.What's a video game without gameplay?

I get that, but I just want a good story with that gameplay, otherwise it just feels baron. It's just a button mashing media piece with no actual substance to be taken seriously. I just happen to enjoy games with a good story and good gameplay, sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom