• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Do People Hate DmC: Devil May Cry So Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Lol no it doesn't. It just shows what a clown that guy is for making the video in the first place :lol:. I've seen every tactic and that one isn't going to work by a long shot. That's an example of trying too hard to show someone's dislike for a video game by taking a swing at the fandom and a bad one at that.

People like him need to grow up, show respect for others and stop trying to start a flame war, because they're making fools of themselves in this game of 'let's see how much we can change things around to our bidding'.
Did you even read the comments that was in the video? I mean, really really read those or did you just pass the video as some "another hater attempt" because you should realize by now that aswell there is some extreme hate for DmC, there is as much extreme praise for it aswell.

It's just showing the both side of the spectrum.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Did you even read the comments that was in the video? I mean, really really read those or did you just pass the video as some "another hater attempt" because you should realize by now that aswell there is some extreme hate for DmC, there is as much extreme praise for it aswell.

It's just showing the both side of the spectrum.
Oh please, how am I harassing her?
Because you're saying those people in that video are as bad as DMC fanatics, when it does the complete opposite in showing how low some people in this fandom have sunk, so low that they have to make fun of everything, even those defending the game like in that video.

That video does that guy no favors, and is a good example of why no one will listen to them because those like him have passed the point of reasoning and just want to be abusive .

And you set no good examples for yourself.

Terrutas

Because you're saying those people in that video are as bad as DMC fanatics, when it does the complete opposite in showing how low some people in this fandom have sunk, so low that they have to make fun of everything, even those defending the game like in that video.

That video does that guy no favors, and is a good example of why no one will listen to them because they've passed the point of reasoning.
Oh I see. We're clearly harassing you then.

(I'm being cynical :))

IncarnatedDemon

Vergil´s story - not covered
Sparda´s story - not covered
What happened to Dante in DMC 2 when he went to hell? Cliffhanger no?

How exactly did DmC not affect DMC? It did. Even if Capcom may not have made a DMC game, DmC happening, never helped. It only further helped in digging a grave for DMC serie.

Are you seriously telling me that if DmC 2 never happened despite people wanting it to happen and Downfall suggesting a sequal should be made - that you will still say "Well DmC never went away, you can still go play DmC 1".

How does playing DmC 1 give u a continuation of the story? How does playing DMC in HD give you a continuation to what happens after Dante goes to hell?Or how does playing DMC 4, 3 or 1 or 2 give u any more answers or info on Vergil or Sparda´s story? How it all went down? All you know about Sparda´s story is "A demon rebelled against his kind".

It doesn´t. And also a new game provides a fresh experience in contrast to old ones.

And do you know whos in Playstation allstar and whos not?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
That guy had some hit and misses in the video, but I felt confused and betrayed that Capcom were going in the new direction without finishing off the series and its unanswered questions. While others blatantly wouldn't touch it, I played the demo and didn't like it. I gave the whole game a chance and had much more quips than ever. The only thing from that game that I did like was the colorful enviornments.

For the longest, Capcom pounded bolts into my head about what Dante is: half-human/half angel, his demonic heritage/looks came from his dad, he was a bit of a cocky jerk who didn't take himself seriously;sprinkled with dorky one-liners and a dark side made him a complex character. He's able to transform into a demonic being and he fights demons due to the loss of his mother. Somehow, Capcom made an attempt to unscrew those bolts but they wouldn't budge. In essence, neo Dante vs classic Dante is a matter of preference. Same with Vergil, though I don't want to start a war on neo-Vergil's new take so I'll leave it at that.

Neo Dante's personality and his appearance seems ill-fitting to me. Like he's trying to be two different people and it just doesn't mix. Like is he supposed to be liked or this anti-hero/lazy and...stuff? Then again, I feel that DmC had more plot holes than the original so... Like I said before it's a matter of preference. I like the gothic/rock opera setting over the dubstep-ish/graffiti style, however unlike many I actually played the game and just...it didn't speak to me.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

That video does that guy no favors, and is a good example of why no one will listen to them because those like him have passed the point of reasoning and just want to be abusive .
You keep focusing on the guy that made the video rather than the actual content. You simply refuse to see my point. This tells me alot about you.

have passed the point of reasoning

So have this conversation with you, I'm off to listen to electroswing instead.

0i96l3G.gif

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
You keep focusing on the guy that made the video rather than the actual content. You simply refuse to see my point. This tells me alot about you.

So have this conversation with you, I'm off to listen to electroswing instead.

0i96l3G.gif
It tells me a lot about you too. Posting a video like that and talking in such a way that you just want to fight. Well I'm not accepting the offer, sorry.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Smart to walk away from conversations when they go down this route. Smartass comments will only get people so far before flaming starts so would also be advised for members to refrain from hopping on their high horses on other members.

Oh I see. We're clearly harassing you then.

(I'm being cynical :))

Same goes for passive aggressive comments like this, you remember what happened last time? Learn from past actions that got you to that point & think before you start down this path again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom