• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Do People Hate DmC: Devil May Cry So Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Funny how people act like only the "haters" are the bad people in all this.

That video just proves how sad people are. That a guy attempts to make a video to insult fans, and he just winds up making himself look like a fool. Talk about a plan backfiring, it's laughable.

Why would a character feel insulted by being reboot or it's rebooted self? Unless you fantasise Classic Dante stabbing Reboot Dante, I think you need to wake up and realize these are just characters and don't co-exist, and the explaination you are putting in are just your own emotional opinions of something you don't like, and refuse to accept, yet continue to keep coming back to complain about. That's something I can't understand with you, why do you keep coming back and pushing these arguements out over a game you don't like?

As for that story, you know what I think would happen if the two worlds crossed over and those two met?
dmc__armwrestle_by_lilacsbloom-d602sxa.jpg

They'd do what you and me can't do, get along. Because you know darn right it's not in Classic Dante's nature to go murdering someone out of cold blood and feeling the way you described; even if Reboot Dante were made to be his clone, and nor would his clone spit in his face.

Reboot exists, change happens, nothing stays the same forever, you need to accept this and also the fact that Devil May Cry has been rebooted, just like Tomb Raider. This new guy is Dante, not Donte, not emo, not edgy, not Tameem, but Dante; and he isn't out to insult the Classic Dante as you keep painting and believing in so much.

And with that, I'm done. You've proven yourself time and time again that you don't want to see me as an equal or anyone who doesn't agree with you, nor do you want to discuss this game fairly because you keep pushing arguements and your opinions in. So I'm going to do us both a favor and add you on the ignore list, and I advise you do the same with me.

Have a beautiful life. And I'm sorry, for any hate born from you prevents us being friends.

Terrutas

That video just proves how sad people are. That a guy attempts to make a video to insult fans, and he just winds up making himself look like a fool. Talk about a plan backfiring, it's laughable..
Why of course. Because DmC fans have perfect standards and therefore, can not be at fault when it comes to discussing games. Right? Especially not when you consider the level of extreme DEEPNESS AND MATURITY! they use to express themselves.

We, the haters are just sad sad people looking for friends :(

IncarnatedDemon

Let us take one thing at a time DragonMaster, and after we have discuessed this one thing, we can come back for other things.

This first thing i want to discuss is: How DmC Dante is depending on original Dante.

Or we can say "How DmC Dante is similar to DMC Dante".

So let us begin this discussion, you and i , because i don´t want to discuss this with more people. It will give me a headache discussing with alot people because its very time consuming to adress many.

Let us begin at the core:
DmC Dante has:

Two guns: Ebony and Ivory - both guns are taken from DMC Dante. They aren´t new guns
A sword: Rebellion - DMC Dante´s sword.
A herritage : Demonic - from DMC Dante (Demonic form i.e DT)
White hair : DMC Dante
Amulet: DMC Dante
Clothing style: DMC Dante wears a coat, and this is same idea between this.
He has a mother: EVa from DMC Dante
He has a father: Sparda from DMC Dante
He has a twin brother: Vergil from DMC Dante

He also has the name but thats obvious

Let´s look at the story:

In story he says thing to be perceived as Dante. The idea of him saying things was obviously taken from DMC Dante. Because DMC Dante liked to joke around they made him do this too.
And in a scene DmC Dante even does a hand gesture that is from DMC 4 Dante.

So despite the differences, DmC Dante is basically standing on a foundation you can easily call "DMC Dante foundation" i.e he is depending on DMC Dante to evolve. He´s not becoming his own character. He is becoming a character that will do same thing as DMC Dante but just differently.

So am i wrong ...is DmC Dante really his own character - a independt character, or am i right - hes a character that´s different but he relies on DMC Dante alot (at least in DmC).

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Why of course. Because DmC fans have perfect standards and therefore, can not be at fault when it comes to discussing games. Right? Especially not when you consider the level of extreme DEEPNESS AND MATURITY! they use to express themselves.

So what were those people doing wrong in that video exactly? Saying that they like a game and defending it? I didn't know that was a crime? Liking a game.

All I keep seeing are people trying to pick fights and make insults at the fandom and it's just saddening that's the length some are going to when it's just one big fail in itself.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
What I criticize, however, as has already been said in this and other threads, is the enraged and immature attitude of the fans who hated it from the very beginning and started to shower it with insults from the very beginning, without even attempting a calmer dialogue. They may be entitled to their opinions, but it is a problem of civility at the very least to state one's opinion in a calm and respectful way. By not doing so, the fans AND the developers gave birth to the terrible division we are experiencing now.
Civility, particualry on the internet, is a rare thing to come by. From all fans. I do agree though, I wish that the outcome of this whole thing didn't result in the way that it did.

And my opinion about the whole fans/developer ordeal: as far as the business goes, regardless of who started what first companies should always respect their fans. Always. It's never a good idea to add on to the hate. You're a business first, your main priority should be earning the respect and trust of your potential buyers, not labling them as "haters".

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Oh please, don't turn this into a pity party.
6011d350_Ppf6e.gif

Let us take one thing at a time DragonMaster, and after we have discuessed this one thing, we can come back for other things.

This first thing i want to discuss is: How DmC Dante is depending on original Dante.

Or we can say "How DmC Dante is similar to DMC Dante".

So let us begin this discussion, you and i , because i don´t want to discuss this with more people. It will give me a headache discussing with alot people because its very time consuming to adress many.

Let us begin at the core:
DmC Dante has:

Two guns: Ebony and Ivory - both guns are taken from DMC Dante. They aren´t new guns
Any character can have two guns.
A sword: Rebellion - DMC Dante´s sword.
Any character can have a sword
A herritage : Demonic - from DMC Dante (Demonic form i.e DT)
So does Ichigo with his hollow form.
White hair : DMC Dante
That's not till the end of the game, and white hair has a sybolic folklore past.
Amulet: DMC Dante
A red amulet isn't very uncommon to come by. Plus you hardly see DMC Dante wear the damn thing.
Clothing style: DMC Dante wears a coat, and this is same idea between this.
Again, many other characters wear coats too. DMC Dante's not the only one to have done this.
He has a mother: EVa from DMC Dante
And there have been many Eva's. Evangeline from Mahou Sensei Negima, Eva from MGS3 I think, and the witch Eva from Bayonetta.
He has a father: Sparda from DMC Dante
Every protaganist can have a dad. They could have renamed him.
He has a twin brother: Vergil from DMC Dante
So does Inuyasha.
He also has the name but thats obvious

Let´s look at the story:

In story he says thing to be perceived as Dante. The idea of him saying things was obviously taken from DMC Dante. Because DMC Dante liked to joke around they made him do this too.
And in a scene DmC Dante even does a hand gesture that is from DMC 4 Dante.
You mean the one where he says bye to Kat before going to fight the succubus? Are you serious? Dante's not the only guy to do this Y'know. It's been done millions of times before. And DmC Dante's jokes aren't really jokes. They're insults of spite and hatred for demons.

So despite the differences, DmC Dante is basically standing on a foundation you can easily call "DMC Dante foundation" i.e he is depending on DMC Dante to evolve. He´s not becoming his own character. He is becoming a character that will do same thing as DMC Dante but just differently.

I can't really see that. Yes, he came from the foundation of DMC Dante, but he doesn't grow into that foundation as he does things differently. Is Old Dante a sadistic demon killing asshole who likes to say "f*ck you" and have sex while drinking? No because we all know old Dante's a bit of a shut in when not dealing with demons and will occasionally go out, eat pizza, and do a stripper every once in a while.

So am i wrong ...is DmC Dante really his own character - a independt character, or am i right - hes a character that´s different but he relies on DMC Dante alot (at least in DmC).

You're right that he came from old Dante, but your wrong in that he does everything like DMC Dante.

EvilX-81

You mean the one where he says bye to Kat before going to fight the succubus?

Heh, I do that handsign.

This feels like a pointless argument though. DmC Dante could've easily been a different character altogether if the writers felt like it, but they're making a DMC game, so he'd *better* have similarities to the original.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Here's a question. If instead the debut trailer had been this:
And visualize Dante did from the beginning have his white hair instead of gaining it at the end. So a white mohawk, like this:
dante-blanco-7-948x491.jpg

dante-blanco-3.jpg

Would the first responses not have been as negative?

IncarnatedDemon

You're right that he came from old Dante, but your wrong in that he does everything like DMC Dante.
I didn´t mean to say he does everything like DMC Dante. My point is that DmC Dante is dependt of DMC Dante.
And i said that from my first post you quoted, and i intiated this discussion since you said that they aren´t that similar.

Now shall we discuss this further or can i take the opportunity to make a new discussion between you and me based on your first response to me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I didn´t mean to say he does everything like DMC Dante. My point is that DmC Dante is dependt of DMC Dante.
And i said that from my first post you quoted, and i intiated this discussion since you said that they aren´t that similar.

Now shall we discuss this further or can i take the opportunity to make a new discussion between you and me based on your first response to me.

Naw, I'll end it here.

And visualize Dante did from the beginning have his white hair instead of gaining it at the end. So a white mohawk, like this:
dante-blanco-7-948x491.jpg

dante-blanco-3.jpg

Would the first responses not have been as negative?

It wouldn't be as big of negativity, but there'd still be negativity because he's got shorter hair, is no longer wearing the red coat, and isn't dressed in flamboyancy. Plus he'll still look worn out and be smoking.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Naw, I'll end it here.

It wouldn't be as big of negativity, but there'd still be negativity because he's got shorter hair, is no longer wearing the red coat, and isn't dressed in flamboyancy. Plus he'll still look worn out and be smoking.
Ditto, but it probably wouldn't have been such a shock to the system if he'd been this way to begin with. Imagine if Lara started Tomb Raider with short hair and you only got a few minutes of it long and tied up at the end, would you have stilll viewed her as Lara through the whole course of the game?

Sort of the same in terms with DmC for me when I think about it. I like the dark hair and concept, but more should've add invoked to show his hair instead gradually changing whiter as the game progressed instead of the example with Lara above.

IncarnatedDemon

Naw, I'll end it here.
I missed alot of your reply so i will adress them now.

DmC Dante having similar traits to DMC Dante is because he´s based on DMC Dante.
The fact that many characters have demon herritage, or 2 guns or does the hand gesture doesn´t really prove that he isnt based on DMC Dante.

It´s really ridicolous that i have to exhaust myself proving a point when it´s a fact DmC Dante is based on DMC Dante. But fine...

Like the story is about Dante becoming the guy he becomes
Part of character silouett
Keep whats recognizeable and essential by the franchise on every level : Dante..."

It´s a fact DmC Dante is based on DMC Dante. But if you want to continue using invalid arguments like:
- any character can have a sword or two guns

or "Inuyasha also has a twin brother " ( actually half brother and hes older than Inuyasha from what i heard).

Then your wasting my time. I am not interested in such.

Obviously DmC Dante has a sword and two guns, called Rebellion and E & I because its based on DMC Dante´s arsenal etc.

DmC Dante´s guns name and trait, his families name and trait, and other stuff are all based on DMC Dante.

THAT IS A FACT.

Now as i said, want to discuss something else?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Those who are fan of this guy:
DEVIL_MAY_CRY_1_A_Pat_Lee.jpg

Will always point to DmC Dante as a shadow of original Dante. I am fan of that guy above.

And i will til i live not look at DmC Dante as a independt character, because that's what he isn't, so why should i do that when he isn't? The foundation for DmC Dante was DMC Dante but while building him they added different flavors to make him different.

I'm a fan of both versions of Dante. They fulfill different roles in my heart of characters I like to see and play as. The thing I'm not understanding is how you can say he's not independent, and yet still agree that he's different. What the hell is "independent" supposed to mean, anyway? He's supposed to be a different iteration of Dante, and he was. DmC being completely separate from DMC ensures that he really is independent. You don't have to have played the classics in order to enjoy DmC. That sounds pretty independent to me :/

Hate is born from love. If DmC Dante is rebooted next year, you will also dislike that.

This is a pretty bold claim to make. You don't know how every fan of DmC thinks or feels, and it would totally depend on how they would change Dante, which would once again be completely dependent on each person's personal preference.

And no, hate isn't born from love. I highly doubt that I loved the kids who hassled me in high school, and the reverse is most definitely the same. Hate is born from disagreement with what we feel, or even how we're treated. I hate onions because they taste awful, and I hate sports video games because I think they're boring and dumb. Love never enters the picture one bit.

People who hate DmC Dante are those who don't agree with or like what was done with DmC. The people who cried out that a reboot wasn't necessary, and that making a more accessible game in the franchise was unacceptable. Their love for the classics only played a part in how much they disagreed, and how invested some got in trying to tear the game down. Hate isn't born from love, but love for something can make the hate a helluva lot worse.

And visualize Dante did from the beginning have his white hair instead of gaining it at the end. So a white mohawk,

I still think if they had announced the game with this trailer...

...things would have been slightly different, because it showed off way more of the intentions with the world, like Limbo, and how demons fit into it all as members of high society, would have immediately showed off Dante doing his Devil Trigger, which would have eased a lot of people into the idea that something was going on, and still has that added effect of "My name is Dante" that let people know that it was in fact, him, but in a whole new world.

Can't really comment on the hair, since...I dunno, I think it's a retarded thing to flip out over to begin with :p Although, people originally flipped out over his hair not being white in 2010, saying how wrong it was and all, but didn't really pay attention to the fact that there was the tuft of white on his crown, meaning somethin' was up.

Terrutas

So what were those people doing wrong in that video exactly? Saying that they like a game and defending it? I didn't know that was a crime? Liking a game.

All I keep seeing are people trying to pick fights and make insults at the fandom and it's just saddening that's the length some are going to when it's just one big fail in itself.
If you would read beyond the first four words of my post, you would probably see that I was being cynical and realized what I meant.

IncarnatedDemon

What i mean by hate is born from love is that when you love something, you don´t want it to go away, thus you will hate the thing causing it to go away.

I was just speaking of one kind of hate.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
If you would read beyond the first four words of my post, you would probably see that I was being cynical and realized what I meant.
Oh, sorry. It's hard to tell with words ;_; a lot easier when you're face to face with people and you can hear their voice. Speaking of which, audio posts would be cool *_*

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

That video shows that the fanside of DmC can be just as bad as the "hater" you people just love to put the blame on all the time.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
That video shows that the fanside of DmC can be just as bad as the "hater" you people just love to put the blame on all the time.
Lol no it doesn't. It just shows what a clown that guy is for making the video in the first place :lol:. I've seen every tactic and that one isn't going to work by a long shot. That's an example of trying too hard to show someone's dislike for a video game by taking a swing at the fandom and a bad one at that.

People like him need to grow up, show respect for others and stop trying to start a flame war, because they're making fools of themselves in this game of 'let's see how much we can change things around to our bidding'.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What i mean by hate is born from love is that when you love something, you don´t want it to go away, thus you will hate the thing causing it to go away.

I was just speaking of one kind of hate.

Another part of love is acceptance, though.

However, DMC didn't go away. This has been said since 2010, that people keep declaring the series is ruined by one secular game that had no bearing on the classic series whatsoever - it didn't seek to change it, it didn't seek to continue its canon. It was just there, no different than one of the many Mega Man spin-offs debuting in place of continuation of one of the main titles.

It's also not like DmC destroyed everything that had to do with the classic series either. Its appearance didn't render DMC1-4 unplayable, it didn't vaporize them, the mangas, the novels, or the poster you hang above your bed. It's all still there. They even friggin' came out with an HD Collection! How did DmC cause anything to go away?

There hadn't been a new DMC game planned in years, and there were no hints of one on the horizon either. For all intents and purposes, it was logical to assume that maybe there was't going to be another after DMC4. We had no reason to expect a DMC5 other than wishful thinking. As of now, DMC stops at the fourth entry, and then there's just randomly DmC. It didn't make DMC go away. There was an article floating around about how if DmC hadn't been made, there probably wouldn't have been any more Devil May Cry games period. Soooo...DmC isn't responsible for making anything go away. The fact that the DMC was like Capcom's lowest-selling big name franchise, with a niche audience, was what stopped DMC. DmC didn't make the classics go away, it was a faltering attempt by a misguided Japanese developer to try and open up the series to a wider audience. I don't like to toss blame around, but the fact that the fanbase acted so disjointedly aggressive over the whole ordeal will most definitely play a part in whether there's any addition to the franchise in any way.

On the list of things DmC gets unduly scrutinized for, "stopping the original series" is laughably pretty high up there, and it makes very little sense :/

Terrutas

Lol no it doesn't. It just shows what a clown that guy is for making the video in the first place :lol:. I've seen every tactic and that one isn't going to work by a long shot. That's an example of trying too hard to show someone's dislike for a video game by taking a swing at the fandom and a bad one at that.

People like him need to grow up, show respect for others and stop trying to start a flame war, because they're making fools of themselves in this game of 'let's see how much we can change things around to our bidding'.
That self denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom