• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why all this pessimism about Dmc ??

nazi-dante

white force
HEY guys its my 1st topic in this forum
i've just wanted to know why a lot of devil may cry fans says " the new dmc sucks " ????
I SEE THAT THE NEW DANTE IS NOT SO BAD ??? WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
A lot of people are actually very optimistic about it or at least not pessimistic...
This game doesn't suck...I don't think anti-DmC attack it because it sucks, but rather because they are expecting different things from a DMC than those DmC is offering to them (no one played the game so many will argue that no one has the right too rate it yet), and because they do not believe that the actual game will evolve throughout its story and feature those things. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game.
In addition to that, even though we can't tell anything about the future of the franchise, the game isn't completely unlikely to turn out to be a definitive direction for DMC, which means a definitive unsatisfying direction from an anti-DmC's point of view.

nazi-dante

white force
totaly true ,but take a look the facebook ... most of them are against the new look of dante , they are judging the game before playing it and that disappointed me:/

Razyel

Soul Reaver
If you're looking for DmC supporters you have come to the right place, so welcome to the forums Nazi :)

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I think it's because of the radical changes that were made to a franchise near and dear to many peoples hearts. It might have seemed a bit sudden and not planned out. My initial reaction was a "YES", mainly because I felt a strange sense of dejavu while I was playing DMC4, not with the story but with the all too familiar gameplay, the repetitious nature of the game design, the bland puzzles, and the similarity to DMC3 (not that DMC3 was bad, I just expected a bit more from DMC's first next gen iteration). DMC4 was a good game you had to play through twice, artificially lengthening the game since you were basically playing the whole Nero levels, only this time as Dante.

After DMC4, I expected Capcom to make some major changes but I wasn't expecting a reboot at all. When I saw the debut trailer though I was very surprised and enthused. So its safe to say I was up with the reboot idea from the start mainly because I want a fresh take on my favorite franchise. And really, so far, its looking pretty good (to me at least).

nazi-dante

white force
sure.. the new part seems more real , i mean playing in the city, watching people , even the new look seems more real
add to that the high level of graphic .... but the HATERS didnt accept the new dante

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
totaly true ,but take a look the facebook ... most of them are against the new look of dante , they are judging the game before playing it and that disappointed me:/
You don´t have to play as DmC Dante to judge his look.

People are against DmC because of the developers ****ty attitude, using DMC to attract players for DmC, etc.

For example the point of DmC is to appeal to western gamers, and not the fans of DMC. That is why they rebooted. Sure they have done things to not totally alienate DMC fans but these things are there just as a compromise so that Capcom does not loose to many fans of DMC serie.

DmC Dante could been a new character, but instead they made him into a reboot of Dante. And while doing that the lead developer of DmC expressed his opinions about Dante from DMC as if it was facts.
He also made unnecessary comparisons with the two characters to defend why they made this "changed" Dante.

He said:
- Dante was outdated
- That he would get laughed out in a bar in tokyo

nazi-dante

white force
You don´t have to play as DmC Dante to judge his look.

People are against DmC because of the developers ****ty attitude, using DMC to attract players for DmC, etc.

For example the point of DmC is to appeal to western gamers, and not the fans of DMC. That is why they rebooted. Sure they have done things to not totally alienate DMC fans but these things are there just as a compromise so that Capcom does not loose to many fans of DMC serie.

DmC Dante could been a new character, but instead they made him into a reboot of Dante. And while doing that the lead developer of DmC expressed his opinions about Dante from DMC as if it was facts.
He also made unnecessary comparisons with the two characters to defend why they made this "changed" Dante.

He said:
- Dante was outdated
- That he would get laughed out in a bar in tokyo
no u cant judje the game before playing it ... believe me

ji-high

^^So what if the developers said thing you don't like? Tomonubu Itagaki is not exactly a gentleman with the gamers but he's made two of the best games the action genre has to offer(NG1, NG2). If you don't like NT ignore their interviews and watch gameplay trailers or stuff like that....

McdD

^^So what if the developers said thing you don't like? Tomonubu Itagaki is not exactly a gentleman with the gamers but he's made two of the best games the action genre has to offer(NG1, NG2). If you don't like NT ignore their interviews and watch gameplay trailers or stuff like that....

So disrespecting a character is OK? Well that´s your way of looking at it. But way i see it there was no point of
saying that original Dante was outdated or that he would get laughed out in a bar BECAUSE a rebooted character should not answer to what the real character is like.
And i was just explaining to Nazi Dante why people aren´t so happy about the character that is DmC Dante.

Also who is Tomonubu?

in a game like devil may cry , judging dante is judging the game
So if i say DmC Dante isn´t good then that automatically means the gameplay, story and graphics of DmC isn´t good either? Great logic.

nazi-dante

white force
sure
So disrespecting a character is OK? Well that´s your way of looking at it. But way i see it there was no point of
saying that original Dante was outdated or that he would get laughed out in a bar BECAUSE a rebooted character should not answer to what the real character is like.
And i was just explaining to Nazi Dante why people aren´t so happy about the character that is DmC Dante.

Also who is Tomonubu?

So if i say DmC Dante isn´t good then that automatically means the gameplay, story and graphics of DmC isn´t good either? Great logic.
the others dont see things like you
i'm talking about dmc , it's a different thing . because a lot of people were excited to the DmC wich suppose to be the best part , but imagine if the new dante were not attractive : of course , people won't buy this game

McdD

sure
the others dont see things like you
i'm talking about dmc , it's a different thing . because a lot of people were excited to the DmC wich suppose to be the best part , but imagine if the new dante were not attractive : of course , people won't buy this game
Well then you have answered your question: the people who are pessimistic about DmC Dante don´t like him.
And the developer disrespecting original Dante added more fuel to the fire.

nazi-dante

white force
to all these haters " you have to grow up " and stop imagining dante as a mangas character ... try the new dante than .. hate it

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
That´s not what i said, i said you can judge a character of a game without needing to play the game.

yup and just like how people judged heath ledger being the joker b4 Dark Knight. and look where they are now

McdD

yup and just like how people judged heath ledger being the joker b4 Dark Knight. and look where they are now
That says more about Heath Ledger´s acting skills than people´s mind.

Heath was a great actor.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
That says more about Heath Ledger´s acting skills than people´s mind.

Heath was a great actor.

aaah but here your saying dante will be unable to portray the awesomeness of past games based on only face value

McdD

aaah but here your saying dante will be unable to portray the awesomeness of past games based on only face value
Well here is the thing, DmC Dante exists only in DMC. He has never been in any other games. DmC is not Dmc, it´s a new serie. And DmC Dante is not DMC Dante.

From what i have seen of DmC Dante is that he´s a copy of DMC 3 Dante with Ninja theory´s vision of what´s cool (physical and personality wise).

I´m sure DmC Dante has great potential to become a very great character.
But from where i stand, i have no interest in a character made by someone who can´t even show respect to the original character.

And that´s the whole point of this topic "Why are people hating on DmC Dante?".

Top Bottom