• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whos stronger Yamato or Rebellion? (Not gameplay only Cutscenes)

Rebellion or Yamato

• Yamato

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Rebellion

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Which do you think? I personally think Yamato is stronger because the sword literally slices through the dimensions and is a lightweight Katana. Yamato is also badass because sometimes in cutscenes the damage is only done once it is sheathed which in my opinion is f****** badass. ALSO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ONES FROM THE REBOOT PLS NO

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yamato is also badass because sometimes in cutscenes the damage is only done once it is sheathed which in my opinion is f*ckin badass.

You got that right.
wrhy8j.gif

2i1egly.gif

Beowulf doesn't like this element.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Without a doubt, Yamato, Like you said it slices through DIMENSIONS! Also it opens and seals Hell Gates. Rebellion hasn't shown anywhere near that kind of power.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I think the power of a Devil Arm depends solely on the strength and power of whoever's wielding them.

Look at Nero, for instance. He was wielding Yamato during his second bout with Dante, and he still didn't win...because the sword's powers were being wielded in inexperienced hands.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think the power of a Devil Arm depends solely on the strength and power of whoever's wielding them.

Definitely. I mean most of the weapons seem to want you to prove yourself or have more to them, like Alastor, Ifrit, Force Edge etc There's always something more to them other than it just being the case of picking up a sword. The very fact that you have to kill Devils to have them turn into weapons makes this even more apparent.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Look at Nero, for instance. He was wielding Yamato during his second bout with Dante, and he still didn't win...because the sword's powers were being wielded in inexperienced hands.

But even with this theory, Yamato has more powers than Rebellion even if wielded by a less powerful fighter.

So Yamato still is more powerful.

WolfOD64

But even with this theory, Yamato has more powers than Rebellion even if wielded by a less powerful fighter.

So Yamato still is more powerful.
Just because it's capable of performing other abilities---i.e., sealing the Hell Gate---doesn't necessarily mean it's more powerful. Nero was wielding it, and he lost to Dante...but Vergil was wielding at as well---Vergil, the person Yamato was literally intended for---in conjunction with Force Edge, and he lost to Dante as well, who was canonically wielding Rebellion during that fight.

Honestly, which sword is more powerful on its own seems to be an irrelevant matter, since the Devil Arms seem to function at their full potential in the hands of the people they were forged for, or tied to in terms of significance.

My theory is that Devil Arms are more powerful in the bloodline of certain people---which is maybe why Dante threw Yamato to Nero during the confrontation with the Savior, instead of just using it himself. Perhaps Nero being Vergil's direct offspring made Yamato more compatible with his abilities, (which is maybe why Dante can't use it to its full potential, and tossed it to Nero in the first place).

Of course, this is all head-canon. This is Devil May Cry, after all...the franchise whose lore that's had all the revelation and expansion of a mole-hill.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just because it's capable of performing other abilities---i.e., sealing the Hell Gate---doesn't necessarily mean it's more powerful. Nero was wielding it, and he lost to Dante...

We're talking the weapon, not the user. Yamato itself is inherently capable of superior feats like sealing Hell Gates and slash through dimensions, no matter if the user is capable of pulling that off (Vergil and to an extent Dante) or not (Nero).

It's like questioning the horse power of a Ferrari compared to a FIAT just because I am not a good driver.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually Wolf's making points that he thinks the weapons in DMC are used to their full potential in respect to the person who wields them. He's not really saying it specifically makes the weapon lose relevancy in terms of capabilities, more so that the weapons have a connection to their rightful owner.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Actually Wolf's making points that he thinks the weapons in DMC are used to their full potential in respect to the person who wields them. He's not really saying it specifically makes the weapon lose relevancy in terms of capabilities, more so that the weapons have a connection to their rightful owner.

Well but that applies even to real weapons actually. There are people who are capable of taking advantage of a flexible bladed sword, and others who treat it as a common sword, for example.

However, the thread is about the weapon's inherent power, regardless of the user. Just because Nero or Dante can't pull off certain feats of Yamato, doesn't mean the sword doesn't have those feats, you know what I'm saying?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
While I do prefer broadswords (though I still LOVE katanas) and if I had to get a replica of either it would be Rebellion....That being said, I have to agree Yamato can slice through dimensions, can cut targets far away (when Dante destroyed the Hellgate) the only thing I know Rebellion can do is fly to Dante's hand when he calls it (similar to Thor's hammer, it's not just a game mechanic, it's canon he does it in the anime a couple times)

WolfOD64

However, the thread is about the weapon's inherent power, regardless of the user. Just because Nero or Dante can't pull off certain feats of Yamato, doesn't mean the sword doesn't have those feats, you know what I'm saying?
Hmm...I see the point you're trying to make. You may in fact be right...

By that definition, yeah, I suppose Yamato is a more potent weapon. But I can't help but wonder if Force Edge might be stronger than both (especially when awakened into Sparda form)...and I have no idea where Alastor fits into all of this...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@AgentRedgrave: Dante also brings over Pandora's box in DMC 4 just by holding his hand out.

Alastor was just another example of the whole 'prove your strength' thing in regards to the weapons. Yamato is powerful, but I agree with you there Wolf, who can tell with the Sparda sword. It's kind of funny how Yamato and Force Edge have been pretty sought after weapons in DMC, but the same can't be said about Rebellion. That poor sword isn't getting the love it deserves.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
While I do prefer broadswords (though I still LOVE katanas) and if I had to get a replica of either it would be Rebellion....That being said, I have to agree Yamato can slice through dimensions, can cut targets far away (when Dante destroyed the Hellgate) the only thing I know Rebellion can do is fly to Dante's hand when he calls it (similar to Thor's hammer, it's not just a game mechanic, it's canon he does it in the anime a couple times)

It can also channel demonic energy in energy
Waves and be controlled telekineticly to attack

yamato is the more powerful of the two in what it can do , however the sparda sword could take out entire legions according to sparda stories and seing what it can do it is the strongest , alastor is just a sword with lightning powers rebellion is more powerful especially in dante's hands. The two swords have there own unique powers too as shown by nero using summoned swords , something he couldn't do before yamato, and rebellion channels energy into the blade itself like in the dt stinger and drive etc so it has explosive raw power

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Something just hit me...it hurt. :unsure:
Seriously tho, what if Rebellion grows more powerful because the wielder (i.e. Dante) has something/someone to rebel/fight against?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think he meant someone who could rival dante now or even be stronger , and rebellions power is a manifestation of dante's , so the more powerful he becomes the more powerful it does

Top Bottom