• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's gonna miss the black hair?

Will you miss Dante's black hair

• yes

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • no

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • doesn't matter the hair color

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

TheNoHeartedBeing

He meant in terms that people in general don't dress like Dante does. The game's set in a place like our modern world, just if there were demons in it. I'm not sure if that will continue being the case after Limbo merged with the real world [and Dante getting his white hair, implying who he is on the road of becoming] but in the realm of this game or at least the world it was portraying, yes Classic Dante would've been laughed at and raised some eyebrows by how he dressed and looked [excluding the alternate DMC3 costume which doesn't play into the plot like the other costumes don't]. If judgement on his looks would continue being the case now mankind is aware of demons and where things might wind up going [since we know how things go from the state of the world in the originals] that might not be entirely so, at least from hair perspective. But if you think about it, there are people out there who are born with naturally white hair [not the thing where you get pale skin, I forgot name, or might've been grey hair] but it is extremely rare. However I don't believe the hair was the main focus in this.

In terms of garments however, I doubt DmC Dante will ever dress as flashy as Classic Dante, because his clothes, like many characters in the series, were rich and expensive looking in both design and detail, not something many, like us as people, could easily come by. DmC Vergil was the exception because he had money, lots of it, so he could get away with an expensive looking coat with intricate designs sewn onto it. And it's no doubt if he showed up again he looked just as flashly like his original counterpart.

But yeah, the comment wasn't meant out of offensive by any means. Although unfortunately anything Ninja Theory says nowadays gets tainted like blood, so...
I didnt say it was.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i actually like the skunk style he was rocking in the debut trailer

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd like a DMC2-style DmC Dante with black hair. Or maybe even have VD DmC Vergil switch to black.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Tbh, I Don't see why you would miss it. If DmC 2 does happen, there would probably be dlc's and alts that have it. No need to worry too much x3

RdJokr

It would be nicer if they could stick to the "black-with-a-small-white-patch" style during the middle of the story... Full white hair just doesn't fit Dante at all.

This is tough, while I really love the way they explain his hair turning iconic white in the game, (Come on, that was a decent bit of game writing. "Who am I?" "You're Dante, nothing more nothing less.") I'm going to miss the effect of it turning white only during devil trigger. Although, I guess if they keep going with the conceit around devil trigger being something that changes Dante physically the more he uses it. I could see by DmC 3 or 4 that Dante would turn into a full demon like he does in DMC4 while using deviltrigger.

Edit: You know I just thought of how funny it will be, if in DmC2 Dante tries to dye his hair black, but then gives up, because when he uses devil trigger or gets pulled into limbo it comes right off.

edit

DMC

Devil May Cry
I think the new dante looks good with semilong white hair.. when th wig landed on his head he kinda looked like the original dante....

I think the new dante looks good with semilong white hair.. when th wig landed on his head he kinda looked like the original dante....

Speaking of Hair, where does Dante go to get his hair cuts? Is this ever explained in the overall Devil May Cry Universe?

Top Bottom