• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's gonna miss the black hair?

Will you miss Dante's black hair

• yes

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • no

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • doesn't matter the hair color

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
My friend says the DmC version of Dante rocks the white hair better and makes him more distinct since the original was designed basically around a typical anime protagonist look. When Dante gets that full head of white hair it really actually shows that he made a transition from zero to hero. Dante getting that white hair at the end of the game was something like this.
tony_helmet.gif
That's a more meta-game and symbolical explanation, but it works very well.

And a moment of silence also for Vergil's sexy hat, that perished when The Order headquarters fell.
tumblr_mkfsf2jn7S1rbtzcyo1_500.png

I'll miss ya baby :'(

And I join in the moment of silence for dat absurdly sexy fedora. :'(
I'll go pray on the place of its untimely demise.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Yeah i'm gonna miss it, its what helped him stand out from the original Dante. With the white hair its like what was the point in the black hair in the first place? But yeah, I've gotten used to the white hair having replayed the game with it.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yeah, I was.

I know he's not. All I was saying is that a hell of a lot of game characters -- both eastern and western -- have white hair.

So, it's not unique. Not by a long shot.

Well if your shooting for unique than black hair would not be the way to go either right?

Like you said, a lot of game characters have white hair, and even more of them have black hair.

So lets think of a color.........not many characters have turquoise hair!:w00t::troll:

But regarding the topic at hand, Not really going to miss the hair that much, hoping that he will be more akin to DMC1 Dante in the next 1 with a "spin" to if of course.

After all, don't want to keep things completely the same.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well if your shooting for unique than black hair would not be the way to go either right?

Like you said, a lot of game characters have white hair, and even more of them have black hair.

So lets think of a color.........not many characters have turquoise hair!:w00t::troll:

But regarding the topic at hand, Not really going to miss the hair that much, hoping that he will be more akin to DMC1 Dante in the next 1 with a "spin" to if of course.

So maybe make the hair whire but shorter? I mean we've not seen a short haired Dante with white hair before right?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So maybe make the hair whire but shorter? I mean we've not seen a short haired Dante with white hair before right?

Don't know about that, Dante has always had mid to short lengthed hair in all of his games even the reboot.

So I msyself would love to see a Dante with longer hair.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I don't really know. :/
White hair was what made old Dante what he was, but this new Dante...
I admit I was one of those fans who were shocked at the changes the reboot made, and it took me quite a while before accepting them. Once I did, I found out that I loved DmC. So, well, I decided I will not judge anything before I see it for what it really is.
I'll take what they throw my way and judge it later. Since I don't really see new Dante's hair as a "trademark", but more of a symbol of him coming to control his demonic powers, I guess it's ok if it changed to white again. Though I liked this Dante with black hair so far.
It wasn't the color of the hair.
It was his personality that made him who he was, and I'm confident that NT will develop new Dante into a similar personality

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
It was his personality that made him who he was, and I'm confident that NT will develop new Dante into a similar personality
You are right, I did not express myself clearly. I only meant to say that his white hair made him recognizable, were a particular trait of him that made him somehow stand out between "normal people" (while black hair is surely more common).

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Random, marry me.

i could totally marry the both of you now if you accept the love of our prophet Zachary Comstock

Yeah i'm gonna miss it, its what helped him stand out from the original Dante. With the white hair its like what was the point in the black hair in the first place? But yeah, I've gotten used to the white hair having replayed the game with it.

Dante isnt defined by his hair, its his personality and how he acts that defines him. you can see some blazing similarities between them and they are unmistakably similar in the core. but its his differences that make him who he is. sortta like a paralel universe where the same person has been given different situations

look at jrpgs and ull find more torquise hair than is acceptable. id like it if he starts dying his hair black because he cant stand the white hair because it represents him not being human and reminds him of Vergil. eg he looks in a mirror and sees Vergils face looking back at him.

EvilX-81

I lean towards the white if either color, but don't really care too much either way. It was a defining trait/symbol of this reboot, seems like a loss for it to go away permanently.

I'm hoping it comes back in 2 (if there is one); black when he's off the clock, white when he's goes into battle.

Or perhaps an unlockable skin.

Top Bottom