• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's gonna miss the black hair?

Will you miss Dante's black hair

• yes

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • no

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • doesn't matter the hair color

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't know if its just me but if a sequel to DmC comes out in the future, it's obviously gonna feature Dante with his white hair and all. So I can't help but feel like I'll miss that black hair due since it's what made new Dante who he was. It represented a unique change in the DMC mixture of all male protagonist having white hair. he was the black sheep in it all. So I can't help but wonder.

Who else will miss the black hair?
Davil-May-Cry-Dante-Wallpaper-2013.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I'll miss the black hair.

Too bad Dante's just gonna end up being Inuyasha/Fierce Diety Link/Kain/and every other anime character all over again. :/

Who's up for another reboot!? :lol:

EllDawn

I'm going to miss his black hair. It was a nice change.

Yeah, I'll miss the black hair.

Too bad Dante's just gonna end up being Inuyasha/Fierce Diety Link/Kain/and every other anime character all over again. :/

Who's up for another reboot!? :lol:
You're not talking about Kain from Legacy of Kain, are you? Because that wasn't Japanese, that was English.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I was.

I know he's not. All I was saying is that a hell of a lot of game characters -- both eastern and western -- have white hair.

So, it's not unique. Not by a long shot.

Edit:

I was just generalizing.

Oh, and while Alucard had white hair in SotN... Konami had decided to change it from what it looked like in Dracula's Curse.

alucardnes.jpg

He's obviously a hipster. Get 'im!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Since I've gotten used to Dante with black hair, I will miss it. To me the new hair colour made him stand out. But I do like the white colour.

Dante47

Dante's black hair was a surprisingly bold statement towards the typical norms the Devil May Cry series has, and symbolizes and embodies what DmC is exactly.
Dante's newer hair color wasn't the only thing unfamiliar to fans, as a lot would change in the following months. You could say his hair was the sum of all the dramatic changes that deterred from the classic titles, and with those changes, came new experiences. In the end though, Dante acquired his well deserved white hair.
Out with the old, in with the new, then out with the new, in with the classic.

DmC2 I am sure will be more like classic Devil May Cry. Is that bad? Hell no. It's the reason we're all here in the first place.
But does that mean we need more of the same? That would possibly be a worse fate.
Experimentation leads to perfection, so I hope DmC2 will be perfection.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Out with the old, in with the new

I seriously wanna do a combo vid with this... just to show the elite that I can.

That's not a label, btw. It was a compliment. ^_^

Only the best for the classic fandom. :shifty:

Edit:

I think the lyrics describe the fan reaction of the game rather well...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I really just don't care. I like Dante's hair. What's was seriously wrong with Dante's black hair anyway? Nothing. It was just short and black. My hair is similar to Dante's hair in DmC. Not too much but I also occasionally rock the fauxhawk when I go get a haircut. I can probably nail cosplay as him. I just might do that for an upcoming convention. It would be softer on my wallet and I don't have to wear a wig. I rather not wear wigs anyway.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
No.
Never.
I welcome the white hair with open arms.
Let the black hair be a nightmare of the past.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I don't really know. :/
White hair was what made old Dante what he was, but this new Dante...
I admit I was one of those fans who were shocked at the changes the reboot made, and it took me quite a while before accepting them. Once I did, I found out that I loved DmC. So, well, I decided I will not judge anything before I see it for what it really is.
I'll take what they throw my way and judge it later. Since I don't really see new Dante's hair as a "trademark", but more of a symbol of him coming to control his demonic powers, I guess it's ok if it changed to white again. Though I liked this Dante with black hair so far.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't really know. :/
White hair was what made old Dante what he was, but this new Dante...
I admit I was one of those fans who were shocked at the changes the reboot made, and it took me quite a while before accepting them. Once I did, I found out that I loved DmC. So, well, I decided I will not judge anything before I see it for what it really is.
I'll take what they throw my way and judge it later. Since I don't really see new Dante's hair as a "trademark", but more of a symbol of him coming to control his demonic powers, I guess it's ok if it changed to white again. Though I liked this Dante with black hair so far.
My friend says the DmC version of Dante rocks the white hair better and makes him more distinct since the original was designed basically around a typical anime protagonist look. When Dante gets that full head of white hair it really actually shows that he made a transition from zero to hero. Dante getting that white hair at the end of the game was something like this.
tony_helmet.gif

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'll miss the black hair, and although I didn't like the white hair at first, I've taken a liking to it [it did not help the first one I saw it of it he looked depressed, really didn't.]

But a moment of silence, for the sexy black mohawk.
tumblr_mkmy3yWALt1rl81cco1_400.gif

And a moment of silence also for Vergil's sexy hat, that perished when The Order headquarters fell.
tumblr_mkfsf2jn7S1rbtzcyo1_500.png

I'll miss ya baby :'(

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I'll miss the black hair, and although I didn't like the white hair at first, I've taken a liking to it [it did not help the first one I saw it of it he looked depressed, really didn't.]
And a moment of silence also for Vergil's sexy hat, that perished when The Order headquarters fell.
tumblr_mkfsf2jn7S1rbtzcyo1_500.png

I'll miss ya baby :'(

i (hope) the hat will return with Vergil when he comes back as the newest badass in the world

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
If Vergil becomes demon king he won't even wear a crown. He'd sport his Nice Guy Fedora with pride.

nah crowns are pretencious, ive yet to see a crown that honestly makes me think...damn i dont want to fight him/her. he just wears a hat and its like "bitch i dont even care i own this place now stand still while i slice you into powder..or dont no difference here"

Top Bottom