• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Should Develop DmC2?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I think Remember Me was good enough to prove their worth on the matter.

Also... what's up with Vergil's hands?

Edit: I would also like to put Warhorse up there as a choice to make DmC2 (or even DMC5).

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You like NT that much?

Well, regardless of how I feel about DmC (loved it and its characters) I'm not a fan of NT's newest project... especially when compared to Warhorse's Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Both hellblade and KCD are made by indie devs, and yet I'm a lot more impressed by the latter than the former.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Have Suda51 make it and bring back the horror elements that Capcom omitted from the original concept.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeah, i believe the same thing with you about dontnod, with more work into combat, they can make DmC 2 work of art.. and their visual style is very much approachable for japanese and western audience imo..

but what's your consideration on warhorse?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would say have both Dontnod and NT work on DmC2 but i dont know how practical that is in terms of logistics i.e getting them in the same room to hash things out.

I understand @Blackquill 's concern as part of DMC's problems was the lack of a creative vision as the franchise changed hands and no one really knows what to do next so its feels directionless. So we rather have NT stay to direct the ship (so to speak)

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I already said my things on the matter in the other thread, but it's interesting to see that not everyone agrees with me.

WolfOD64

But if Suda51 made it, it would have a lot of fanservice, wrestling references, and a even snarkier Dante

(realizes that's AWESOME) Carry on
If they were working off of DmC's continuity, I'm sure they'd at least look to the previous game and characterization of Dante for reference.

My interest in Suda comes from the creative scenarios that they pit players in, the kind of estranging characters and bizarre bosses, along with more messed-up implications woven in the narrative. Games like Shadows of The Damned and Killer Is Dead showcased those things really well, and strike me as something that would mash beautifully with the gritty, bizarre world of DmC.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Suda 51 seems to work better in a world of his own making rather than picking up the reigns for someone else so I'm not sure about him.

But it does raise of whether or not a Japanese Studio should work on DmC as it has a more specific mandate to be a "Western" game than the classic franchise.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But, Chance...
...why do you talk like that's a bad idea?
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'd still play the sh*t outta that because at least that's more creative than most of what Capcom's crapped out when it comes to this franchise.

But I'm with everyone else thinking Suda 51 should just stick to his own projects. A hypothetical sequel to DmC should still be done by Ninja Theory methinks. Don't see why it shouldn't.

WolfOD64

But I'm with everyone else thinking Suda 51 should just stick to his own projects. A hypothetical sequel to DmC should still be done by Ninja Theory methinks. Don't see why it shouldn't.
Well, my priority team for the sequel, if it does happen, would obviously be Ninja Theory. They made the original game, brought all the good ideas to it and even had a few to spare before development started, even if Capcom didn't allow them to be implemented.

But I was operating under the assumption that this thread was about any other dev Team working on it, and what our choice picks would be. Mine would be Suda....just ANYONE else other than Platinum Games. They wouldn't do the game justice at all.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, my priority team for the sequel, if it does happen, would obviously be Ninja Theory. They made the original game, brought all the good ideas to it and even had a few to spare before development started, even if Capcom didn't allow them to be implemented.

But I was operating under the assumption that this thread was about any other dev Team working on it, and what our choice picks would be. Mine would be Suda....just ANYONE else other than Platinum Games. They wouldn't do the game justice at all.
Yea, Platinum is just all style, no substance when it comes to video games. DmC actually brought some more stuff to the Devil May Cry table I'd like to see back, and Ninja Theory has more of the chops for that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yea, Platinum is just all style, no substance when it comes to video games. DmC actually brought some more stuff to the Devil May Cry table I'd like to see back, and Ninja Theory has more of the chops for that.
just ANYONE else other than Platinum Games. They wouldn't do the game justice at all.
Indeed.

The fact that they've been getting their hands on more franchises that I'm into worries me.

------------

Edit: In b4 Lord of Darkness sez this is off-topic:

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/why-i-avoid-platinum.21137/

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well wolf said it, i think we would all love fot NT to keep working on DmC, but if things don't go that way, my choice will be Dontnod, MercurySteam or maybe the "newcomer" kojima production.. all three of them will do good with the western theme, and kojima prod might probably excel most in gameplay, them being japanese and all

Top Bottom