• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thinks that DmC is good and DMC actually needed a reboot?

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
Well that's just your opinion, man. I believe that it's far from excellent, so I feel obliged to help people avoid it. It will be very unfortunate if Capcom earns enough money from this to pay NT for a second game - the market is already oversaturated with cashgrabs and filler.
While I am not a huge fan of the reboot I dont think you should try and make people avoid the game :/ After playing it I recommended it too many friends who were curious even if I did not personally like it. It is not a bad game it just does not live to the expectation of some people from the series. You have the right to think its not a good game but the production value in the end is still good. And if I was not blinded by my dislike for the new characters/story compared to the old I am sure I would think it is an excellent game. Most newcomers into the series will love this game without a doubt.

Downfall

Yet you're allowed to come to negative threads with your pointless whining

Weren't negative threads a no-no on this board to begin with? :/

And don't give me the ''it's just my opinion'' or ''constructive criticism'' shields -- you know what I mean when I say negative.

HatredIsJoy

Says someone who tries to force his positive opinion down every negative post about this game.

And how am I not at least a bit noble? I am sacrificing my free time and spend all day in front of my PC even though the doctors said that it will eventually make my left eye go completely blind, all just to spread useful information and help people save some cash.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Weren't negative threads a no-no on this board to begin with? :/

And don't give me the ''it's just my opinion'' or ''constructive criticism'' shields -- you know what I mean when I say negative.
Except I WAS talking about any TYPE of Criticism towards this game. If Alchemist sees it, he jumps on it.... kinda like Agility, or half the internet

HatredIsJoy

While I am not a huge fan of the reboot I dont think you should try and make people avoid the game :/ After playing it I recommended it too many friends who were curious even if I did not personally like it.

Well in that case we simply disagree on whether or not this game is good. It's not like people shouldn't have a right to recommend things that I don't like. Hope your friends like their new game! :)

Downfall

Except I WAS talking about any TYPE of Criticism towards this game. If Alchemist sees it, he jumps on it.... kinda like Agility, or half the internet

Agility's gone. And I think a good 70% of the internet hates this game. I also think that's also why it didn't sell as well as it did. Not because the hardcore convinced others not to, but because there just weren't that many people who liked it.

I think we're the ones who are outnumbered, not the skeptics.

Edit:

As for Alchemist, let him defend the game in his own way. He wasn't addressing you anyway, so why start an argument with him?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As for Alchemist, let him defend the game in his own way. He wasn't addressing you anyway, so why start an argument with him?

Because he was telling others not to do something he himself does on opposing threads.

scionicspectre

Just to be clear, I'm saying the story in DmC was much better than DMC. I'm not saying it's the pinnacle of modern storytelling. The acting on the other hand was pretty decent, and it certainly wasn't unentertaining in the way they told the story. The plot itself leaves something to be desired, sure, but compared to most popular films these days it's really not that bad.

Honestly, I think that the skeptics are outnumbered in real-world numbers, since most people who love the game (my room mates, for instance) would never get on these forums. But it seems that people who passionately disapprove of the game would either find some way to talk about it- like these forums- or just stop thinking about it.

So, in the forum, the positive people are most certainy outnumbered. I have found maybe five good threads here that aren't negatively criticizing the game or taking the edge off of peoples' excitement for it. But in reality, I'd say there are a lot more people who enjoy the game and don't have much to complain about.

All art can be subject to constant critique- even those we often consider immaculate could be improved. But I think you'll notice from the lack of derision in the subforums for previous DMC games that there is much more eagerness to point out any potential flaws in DmC, and it's gotten to the point where critique becomes unhealthy and destructive.

I don't think we should shun anyone who talks down the game's value with legitimate cause, but I think most of us have heard enough that we don't need a continual litany of verbal attacks on the game when it's obviously a very good step in the right direction.

Agent47_89

I am way too tired of repeating all the complaints about DmC's "improved" gameplay (i was arguing about this game long before I started posting here), but I am, yet again, simply flabergasted by seeing any kind of praise for DmC's plot. Pong and Tetris have better plots than this, and they have no plot at all!

You really don't like the new control scheme better?

The plot is miles better than DMC4, on its own is a passable game story (don't know about the rest of the series but I'm assuming the story wasn't really a focal point in the others.)

...Honestly, I think that the skeptics are outnumbered in real-world numbers, since most people who love the game (my room mates, for instance) would never get on these forums. But it seems that people who passionately disapprove of the game would either find some way to talk about it- like these forums- or just stop thinking about it...

Like I before DMC is a niche product nowadays, and DMC5 would've sold only slightly better.

HatredIsJoy

Let's not gang up on Alchemist too much. After all, he just tries to defend something that he likes.

So, in the forum, the positive people are most certainy outnumbered. I have found maybe five good threads here that aren't negatively criticizing the game or taking the edge off of peoples' excitement for it. But in reality, I'd say there are a lot more people who enjoy the game and don't have much to complain about.

I don't know. There are at least 700000 people who like this game, and that's not a bad number, but it'll be really hard to determine how many people abstained from buying it out of hate. Maybe it's almost entire fanbase of previous games sans DMC2, or maybe it's just a bunch of people like me and the game sold poorly because it failed to attract people or or wasn't marketed enough or because it's a bad month or... well I think you get what I'm trying to say.

AlchemistFromEden

I know right? Alchemist needs to talk less altogether.
"HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE NOT TO BE NEGATIVE IN A THREAD THAT'S SOLE PURPOSE IS TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT THE GAME, WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS, A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT, ISN'T IT NOBLE OF US TO CONSTANTLY SPEW THE SAME NONSENSE IN LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE NEW THREAD ABOUT WHY WE DON'T LIKE THE GAME, THAT'S COOL RIGHT, ISN'T THAT NOBLE OF US?!!!!"
-anti logic on this forum

HatredIsJoy

Anyone who thinks DmC is bad has no clue what a bad game is.

DmC?

You really don't like the new control scheme better?

The plot is miles better than DMC4, on its own is a passable game story (don't know about the rest of the series but I'm assuming the story wasn't really a focal point in the others.).

No, I don't like it. Don't like the plot too, reads like bad fanfiction to me. Previous games weren't War and Peace, of course, but I never heard their developers lie about mature story that treats gamers like adults, so I give them a pass because in the end they're just cheezy fun.

"Quit gettin' mad at videogames" - Cool Frog.

Drake

Well as I have said before DMC didn't need a reboot, there was still a lot of things to cover within the old universe.

Agent47_89

DmC?

No, I don't like it. Don't like the plot too, reads like bad fanfiction to me. Previous games weren't War and Peace, of course, but I never heard their developers lie about mature story that treats gamers like adults, so I give them a pass because in the end they're just cheezy fun.

You don't like the control scheme because...?

Bad fanfiction? It's got a nice riff off 'They Live', not amazing but good for a video game. I mean, DMC4 had some weird Jesus Christ plot written by someone with barely any knowledge of christianity. It's sort of the same thing with dante, he was a japanese view of 'cool' western aesthetics made from bits and pieces of Western media. (Not sure about the rest of the series.)

HatredIsJoy

Less of a nice riff and more of a bad ripoff, in my opinion. And it's hard to treat DMC4 as something serious because it has wonderful things like

Dante said:
First I whip it out, then I thrust it, with great force. Every angle, it penetrates. Until, with great strength, I ram it in. In the end, we're all satisfied. And you are set free!

Top Bottom