• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who agrees that Sparda should get his own prequel game?

Do you think Sparda should get his own game?

• Yeah he should.

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Nah,I should stay with Dante.

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Hell

Must Die
@moseslmpg: I'll quote something I said from the previous page.

^^now this doesn't mean that Dante was stronger in DMC1, but it means one of three options:
Dante>Sparda by a very small margine
Dante=Sparda
Dante<Sparda by a very small margine

I go with the idea he can theoretically die from blood loss because of this statement: "You are wounded and weak. Even I can do this to you";

Implying that enough physical wounds/fatigue/blood loss would eventually bring Dante down - essentially he suffers the same problems a human would with regard injury, except that his wounds heal extremely fast and that serious impalements don't seem to bother him too much for long. It's implied that Dante and Vergil would have taken Arkham down if they hadn't beaten the crap out of each other before he turned up, and that their tiredness/pain/blood loss/injury meant that they were very much physically weakened, even if their injuries had healed up. So it's probably his quick healing ability that saves his ass, and/or an ability to remake blood at an advanced rate. Or - that as long as there's still a drop of 'demon' blood in there, he'll stay living, even if out for the count... the term 'blood' being used a lot in the series to denote his power and lineage. Some special property of his blood seems plausible, although he can obviously bleed that blood quite easily - I'd suggest his rate of 'demonic healing' is proportional to the amount of blood he's got left, which'd mean it'd be far easier to kill him and his healing would be slower after he's had a good thrashing, and explains why full-on impalement doesn't kill him at the points it occurs in the games, except when Yamato owns him after a fight with Vergil.

true, especially since Dante in DMC3 was still a teenager & his demon self just awakened, the more his powers grow, the harder it is to weaken him, the only time Dante was weakened other than this time, was in DMC1 against Mundus, except the adrenaline jacked him up & he kicked Mundus's ass.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
there is a very easy way to show Sparda's full power and still have a challenging game. make Sparda really powerful but then also increase the number of enemies and the power and skill of the enemies to the point where the difficulty is equal to dmc1. and of course giving Sparda his own moves and abilities would deal with any claims of just playing as Dante in a Sparda skin.

moseslmpg

I doubt a game could handle increasing the number of fodder on screen to make Sparda's power appear similar to Dante's power in the regular games. Either that or they would have to be ultra powerful demons that we have never seen or fought before. I think balancing the power differential between protagonists and enemies would render the point moot, again, because then you would have no feeling of power. Think of Metroid or Castlevania games when you are beastly at the end, and going back and just decimating enemies that used to give you trouble. If they upgrade the enemies, it feels like you haven't gotten powerful at all.

As for moves, other than moves with the Sparda sword, there's not much else Sparda could do with Rebellion and Yamato.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Moses, think outside of the box here. Come up with stuff that hasn't been done before. Instead of thinking only about what's been established, put your own spin on things. Why not have Sparda dual wield Rebellion and Yamato? He's powerful and skilled enough, he could do so.

Meg

You know what I think would be cool? If Rebellion and Yamato were originally one sword. He could fight with them as one sword and then have them come apart and dual wield like DT said.

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;264471 said:
Moses, think outside of the box here. Come up with stuff that hasn't been done before. Instead of thinking only about what's been established, put your own spin on things. Why not have Sparda dual wield Rebellion and Yamato? He's powerful and skilled enough, he could do so.
Vergil already did that.

It isn't that I don't think out of the box (I do but mainly for creative endeavors), but in cases like this, I try to think of what could be done. I simply don't think it is possible to make a good Sparda game and stay true to the character.

But I would be interested to hear other ideas of how Sparda's combat could be differentiated from Dante and Vergil's. That might help convince me that at least a post-sealed Sparda might not be so redundant.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil also did it very clunky-like and without much skill involved in using them. I mean using both swords at the same time with a lot of skill.

I think Sparda could use a slower but more powerful style, unlike that of Vergil and Dante. Utilizing precise slashes to maximize punishment instead of the twin's "slash it until it dies or falls apart" method.

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;264517 said:
Vergil also did it very clunky-like and without much skill involved in using them. I mean using both swords at the same time with a lot of skill.

I think Sparda could use a slower but more powerful style, unlike that of Vergil and Dante. Utilizing precise slashes to maximize punishment instead of the twin's "slash it until it dies or falls apart" method.
So it is an upgraded version of how vergil fights. That isn't unique.

And how would increased power or precision be represented in gameplay exactly? He could have more moves with them, but then again, so could Vergil if he came back, and so could Dante if he dual wielded.

I'm talking about things unique to Sparda, that we woud not see in a game with the twins.

Meg: That would be sort of cool, but it depends on the style of the sword really. Both the twins use one sword already, so it would have to be a style different than the one they use.

Meg

^ That's something I've been wondering to. But have a sword that can turn into two could make for some cool combos.

Just realized this is off topic. Maybe we should make a separate thread for Sparda's fighting style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom