• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Zany Blac;188902 said:
I speak for alot of people when i say DMC 2 does not exist.

Well, it does. You may not like it but so long as I have my copy of it, it exists. Don't play it much but I got it in an otherwise very good year and it always reminds me of around that time when I do come around to play it. Reminiscence is underrated IMO.:lol:

Zany Blac

Btw u n me, i see no prblem with the game even tho i didnt play, its just sumthin that Kobayashi said in an interview that made me realise that they are not putting DMC 2 into consideration in relation to the story telling, it was cryptic but he said he didnt like it that much either cant remember his exact words

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I remember when Kobayashi (or someone from capcom it was a long time ago) said that Nero was not related to Sparda in any way when pics of him were first released to calm all the speculation. If I recall he said that Nero has white hair because that was the "style" of DMC lol. I don't think I will ever forget reading that and being like
"...o_0 what?" the source is probably long gone now though.

MrGore

I think this game failed cause even if we don't like to lose a certain degree of difficulty is needed give us that good sensation when playing a game and compared to the first one this one was very easy.
But there were a few good things to this game, the devil trigger was much more about Dantes true power instead of borrowed powers and you could control your flight, also Lucia underwater gameplay was way better than Dante swim mode in DMC1. The game actually had some funny quotes, and Arius looked like Heiachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima merged together in some gay way, lol.
I just hated that in the end the old woman doesn't tell the story about sparda.

NeroAngelo

I played this game one or two times but my uncle sold it because he didn't like...
Now it's cheap so I wonder if i should play? When I heard about DMC2 people say " i'ts bad !" and no explication !

So i ask u guys. :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought it was a good game. Not a good DMC game, but it's a good game. Doesn't deserve all the hate it has, AT ALL. It's worth a playthrough. ^_^

Eien

Shotgun
I liked it. Way too easy but it had very awesome costumes, cool as hell DDT, decent monster design, and the graphics in the buidings were pretty good.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.I actually liked it.The devil trigger was awesome.The bosses and monsters were sometimes great and others...meh.Story was a little rough.Dante acted more like Cloud than Dante.But overall I think it was a good game.Just nothing compared to the other DMCs.

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
the game doesn't exist. It would be a good game if it didn't have the DMC name on it. Seriously, a half-demon takes on the owner of a major Corporation who isn't demon but a wannabe demon like Lady's father only dumber. They probably put the name Devil May Cry to make an extra few dollars out of it. The Bosses were nice. Storyline weak as hell. It was basically put last by Capcom in terms of actual story.

it goes DMC 3, DMC 1, DMC 4, and DMC 2. They could basically pretend DMC 2 doesn't exist and continue after DMC 4. As a stand alone game, I liked it, but it doesn't deserve to have the name Devil may Cry attached to it.

Sin Scythe

Blessed by Death
Premium
I actually throughly enjoyed the game. A choice of two characters, and it was a lot more gritty than the previous title. (not to say DMC1 was bad, far from it! :pirate:

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I have to say Dante's serious personality was a shock (and disappointment because we didn't have those fun one liners) and the plot did well...suck ._.

If anything though, it did have great character design, demon design...backgrounds, so on and so forth.:)

Personally, I Liked It.
Okay, So Dante Was A Mute Pretty Much The Whole Game. He Still Kicked Arius's Butthole, And Argosax, AND That Last Man/Woman Fire Thing After Argosax. He Was Still The Hell Scorched Demon Slaying Ass-Kicking Jerk Who Makes Every Single Girl He Meets Cry In Some Sort Of Fashion. . (A.K.A Trish, Lucia, Lady, Kyrie...)
I Really Liked The Storyline, The Moves... Really Everything. But Like It Says In The Description On The Back Of The Game "...More Ass Kicking Moves And Trash Talking..." The Coolest Thing He Said In The Game Was Either When Arius Started Screaming Like A Girl About Being A King, He Raised Ebony And Ivory And Said "King? Here's Your Crown." Then Shot Him Out Of A Window - OR - When He Approaches Arius After He Kidnapped Lucia, Bearing The Last Four Seals Of Argosax, He Said "Crap Like That Dosen't Interest Me... *Pulls Out Rebellion And Points It At Arius* But Your Swansong Will."
My Brother And Sister Hated It, But I Bought It Used At A Hastings, Tell You The Truth, Fell In Love With The Devil May Cry Series.
My Sister Had Recently Gotten DMC4 At Nearby Gamestop, And Was All Over That. I Really Never Paid Attention To It, 'Till I Played Number 2. It's Really Cool That Lucia Is A Demon And All, Matier Fought Alongside Sparda, Etc. Etc. But It's Just Like Dante To Make A Deal With A Duplicate Side Coin, What I'm Kinda Confused At Is The Order. I Know FOR SURE It Goes 3,1... But Which Comes Next?
Dante Is Older In Number 4, But How Could He Have Escaped Hell On A Random Motorcycle So Quick In Time For Nero?
And Who Is Nero?
He's Related To Sparda Somehow, But How?
((NO ONE QUOTE ME SAYING YOU KNOW WHO HE IS, BECAUSE YOU DON'T. NERO IS NOT VERGIL'S SON.))
And Whats Up With This New Devil? Dante's Some Smoking Punk Who Broke Out Of A Sanitarium?
Dangit. Off Subject.
Long Story Short, I REALLY Liked It Compared To Others.~

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;290179 said:
About your question about the order, it goes: DmC, DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.

Lol no.

It goes: DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.

DmC is a reboot, a completely different story. Thus the term reboot everywhere.

DmC is not a part of the DMC series, it's another perspective of it and has nothing to do with the original series.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
DMC2 was alright. Not good when you look at the story...or ease. But as far as character design, combat and just general feel...the game was amazing.

In my opinion, DMC2 had the best fighting out of all them. The time based system was still there, but depending on the direction you decide to move Dante while swinging, it increases combos.

I do believe there were, give or take a couple, about 5 different sword combos, rather than 2

DMC

Devil May Cry
-B.(o).C-®;93474 said:
I hate this game with a passion that burns hotter than 10000000000000000000000000000000000 suns!

It is a FAIL so fvckin epic it defies description in the lowly words of man.

Its like they had a team of 16 year olds weeded as hell working on it then they lost all that they were working on and in the last 15minutes they did a stoner brain storm and made a game.

Seriously the FAIL in this game cannot be descibed and if you play it past mission 5 and your completely unharmed, you are the bringer of FAIl and the master OF TRUE FAIL!

In questions? Concerns?
wo man calm down why are u getting angry for something like this its just a game nothing to get angry abouto_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom