• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Vergil you'd like to see: villain or hero? [SPOILERS]

Which Vergil would you prefer the most?

• Total voters

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Really, NT have butchered the DMC Mythos enough.
Let's make it snappy and make Dante cool again before we re-butcher Vergil's character

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Since Vergil's Downfall completely copied Bleach's storyline with Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo, maybe DmC2 will follow the Naruto Shippuden storyline where Dante's going to keep yelling, "Come back to us!" every time he runs into Vergil just like with Naruto and Sasuke, LOL.

All jokes aside, I really did enjoy Vergil being at Dante's side along their disagreements. I think it's better and more interesting that way. Plus it's more entertaining to watch. I mean I couldn't have been the only one who laughed when Vergil said, "...and I've got a bigger d---".
OMG I TOTALLY C THAT S@#% HAPPENING!!

Jerry Wirerammer

Well, NT leave the redemption option open with the DLC. If we accept that Eva is in fact a representation of Vergils good or Angelic side, "she" is still there, buried away. If there is a DmC 2 with Vergil as the big bad, his redemption may make a better ending than his death. The last levels could actually be fought in his mind/soul, with Dante having to free "Eva" and save his brother from himself.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
For DmC2 i want to see Vergil be evil and his good half is talking to him to try and regain control.it would be a race to find sparda and get force edge at the end Vergil and Nelo Angelo split off which would be the final boss and would be like the arkham fight where it is 2 player. Then Dante and Vergil are bros open a shop and hunt demons and help humans rebuild that which was destroyed. Both are playable with their own stories(bosses are mirrored for say dante vs vergil and vice versa) Nelo angelo would not be dead and as a post dlc it would show him manifest onto a man he believes is a good host. Which would set up for DmC3 where it is nero struggling to control nelo who makes him believe Dante and Vergil to be the enemy. Nelo had promised that if he did what he said he would help Nero save kyrie who is close to dying. Near the end Nero gains control over him (epic boss battle) but does not get rid of him. There would be a final boss that is not Nero but a greater evil cant think of who and i dont want mundus to be brought back as a final boss. The aftermath is nero joins dante and vergil, dante is the one that waits in the shop for people to come to give him jobs, vergil plans out jobs and where to take out the demons and nero goes around and finds himself jobs. All three are playable with seperate stories.

Dante47

I would like Vergil to be against Dante, to prove that he is the true Son of Sparda.
Also, I'd like to see him gaining more power, to the point in which we aren't sure if Dante can beat him.
Speaking of which... that gives me a great idea.

In DmC2, we should only be given slight nods to Vergil.
Have the conflict be an external force that Dante has to deal with not involving anything personal. Maybe it's a job Dante was given from his newly formed business, Devil May Cry. The job should involve Angels in some way.
My point being, is that we should hear rumors during the story that Vergil is gaining power, as well as an army to fight Dante and the humans, and to achieve ultimate power.

DmC3 could be more about Dante and Vergil.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought Vergil already was the hero of sorts? I mean he did get the idea of giving mankind its freedom back. Sure, he did it with the mindset that he was going to rule over them afterward, but he did say he would treat them with respect. What's wrong with him acknowledging that he's not human, that he's stronger than a human and that he wants to protect them? I mean, really, if Dante didn't go all 'you're a douche, waaaah, you didn't tell me about this beforehand', then it wouldn't have been such a horrible thing. Would it?
I think Dante jumped to conclusions. Who says Vergil wouldn't have been a good ruler? He did say that they would be nothing like Mundus. I mean, think about it. Kat probably wouldn't have minded being a subject to Vergil (or Dante).
....okay, maybe she would.
Man. Whatever. I'm siding with Vergil.

Also, I don't see Vergil as hero or villain. I think he's in between. Does bad things with good intentions. Or does good things with bad intentions. Depends on how you look at it.

Dante47

The point, Dante's Stalker, is that there is no clear hero or villain.
Dante represents rebellion, for either the good and bad, while Vergil represents powerful order, for the same reasons.
The player is allowed to come to their own conclusions.

For me, I don't think anyone has the right to rule over anybody. I believe in true equality.
No matter how powerful the higher power may be, they should have more humility than to rule.
Rather, they should stay as silent guardians.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
The point, Dante's Stalker, is that there is no clear hero or villain.
Dante represents rebellion, for either the good and bad, while Vergil represents powerful order, for the same reasons.
The player is allowed to come to their own conclusions.

For me, I don't think anyone has the right to rule over anybody. I believe in true equality.
No matter how powerful the higher power may be, they should have more humility than to rule.
Rather, they should stay as silent guardians.
sooo ur tellin' me we got demonic Assassins n Templars?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
How about enough of Vergil? This guy can't be the only villain in Devil May Cry and I'm tired of a lot of roads leading back to him for some reason. Somebody make Sparda a villain or something.

GF9000000Returns

At first I wanted him to be an anti-hero but after playing Vergil's Downfall last night, I want him as a villain now. He's half Nelo-Angelo now, the ending made him look evil, and the brother rivalry...oh how I forgot about that.

Reminds me of this.
50 Cent- Dante, Ja Rule-Vergil.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Since Vergil's Downfall completely copied Bleach's storyline with Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo, maybe DmC2 will follow the Naruto Shippuden storyline where Dante's going to keep yelling, "Come back to us!" every time he runs into Vergil just like with Naruto and Sasuke, LOL.

All jokes aside, I really did enjoy Vergil being at Dante's side along their disagreements. I think it's better and more interesting that way. Plus it's more entertaining to watch. I mean I couldn't have been the only one who laughed when Vergil said, "...and I've got a bigger d---".
So, like a person battling is own dark side personified is totally owned by Bleach even though the sh!t's been done many times even before that even existed. The previous DMC series was the real anime rip off as every single game seemed to just use very trite premises and trends that also just basically ripped off from many different franchises. Besides, Bleach sucks anyway.

Dante47

How about enough of Vergil? This guy can't be the only villain in Devil May Cry and I'm tired of a lot of roads leading back to him for some reason. Somebody make Sparda a villain or something.
Agreed.
The most we should see of him in the next game is some nods or references to him.
I would like the story to be more self contained.

EvilX-81

More or less an anti-hero like DMC3 seemed to set him up as; they don't like eachother, will fight eachother when one stand in the other's way, but can work together on occasion if they have to.

Top Bottom