• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

which one of the twins do you think was momma's boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Isn't that Trish's profile from DMC1?But anyway,the anime and the DMC3 manga as cannon as the games are since Koba was on the first line and directed/made them etc.The only DMC that cannot be acounted as cannon would be DMC2 because it was made by some declining studio at the US branch of Capcom with no involvement whatsoever of Kamiya or Koba back then.But Capcom didn't do us the favour of making it non-cannon back then.Eh,no biggie.

King of Hell

Must Die
DMC3 was made by the same studio that made DMC2, they just learned their lesson.

I suggest you watch "History of Devil May Cry", its a video in DMC4, it indeed shows that DMC2 is canon, & that Trish is Dante's partner. it explained a few things too, at first my idea of how Dante cared about Vergil was just simple, he lost his brother & moved on, but a few lines from that video actually made me believe that Vergil is probably the most important figure in his life, & the most dear person he had (along with his mother of course). after adding all that up with the "Jackpot" line in DMC1 & the homage moveset of DMC4, it changed my idea on Dante as a whole actually. Dante was never a deep character to me, its surprising how two lines can change that.

& I didn't disregard the anime, but if there is a choice between which of the two (the anime & the games) is more canon, it has to be the games, since all the DMC fanbase own the games, but most of them don't own the anime.

moseslmpg

I don't trust the DMC4 History video, as it says Nelo was basically undead. It is more like Kobayashi's interpretation of DMC History. I think some of it is true, but some of it is a little subjective.

If anything is eye opening, it is the Trinity of Fates book. Really deepens the characters.

King of Hell

Must Die
those two lines didn't explain anything about Dante's character, it just opened the door for me to look deep into everything else after reading them.

I went through the video to copy a few lines:
It was there that he met a demon named Nelo Angelo, the transformed soul of his departed brother Vergil. His brother's plight filled Dante's soul with remorse infusing with the power of a true Son of Sparda, his blazing will drove him towards the battle to end all battles - a showdown versus Mundus!

though the Nelo Angelo being the transformed soul of Vergil was weird (it wasn't bad, just weird), the lines after that made me change how to see Dante's character. the thought of his brother suffering in the hands of Mundus for 10 years infuriated Dante. that's probably the reason why Dante sent Mundus to hell in the honor of his brother.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
King of Hell;265444 said:
69683498.jpg

you brought up another interesting point, all they showed in DMC4 was that Lady paid Dante almost nothing because Trish made the job very difficult.
Lady: "More? Was it not your fault that things escalated to the level that they did? Bringing Sparda into the spotlight?"

anyway, I think they pretty much said it, Trish is still Dante's partner, I began to give less credit to the anime after all the contradictions I've seen in DMC4. I use it as a reference if we don't have such info in the games, but if an event contradicts something in the games, then I use the event in the game as my source, the games are more canon after all.

Trish could have stopped being his partner before the start of the anime and then sometime after that decided to join up with Dante again. maybe being independent wasn't what she thought it would be.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
King of Hell;265522 said:
DMC3 was made by the same studio that made DMC2, they just learned their lesson.

I suggest you watch "History of Devil May Cry", its a video in DMC4, it indeed shows that DMC2 is canon, & that Trish is Dante's partner. it explained a few things too, at first my idea of how Dante cared about Vergil was just simple, he lost his brother & moved on, but a few lines from that video actually made me believe that Vergil is probably the most important figure in his life, & the most dear person he had (along with his mother of course). after adding all that up with the "Jackpot" line in DMC1 & the homage moveset of DMC4, it changed my idea on Dante as a whole actually. Dante was never a deep character to me, its surprising how two lines can change that.

& I didn't disregard the anime, but if there is a choice between which of the two (the anime & the games) is more canon, it has to be the games, since all the DMC fanbase own the games, but most of them don't own the anime.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from it.In DMC2,it was some rundown studio from the US Capcom branch.DMC3 was made by Koba's team,in Japan.

Nobody dirsegards DMC2 as non-cannon,since Capcom confirmed it is indeed in the storyline.As for the anime,when the whole DMC team and half of Capcom go out and tell everyone that it is indeed part of the storyline and it ties DMC1 with 4,you don't regard it as less cannon than the games.Like the DMC3 manga,it is a cannon as the games.

And I'll agree with Moses on the video...Koba took the leash from DMC3...and in DMC4 he...well...

King of Hell

Must Die
maybe she did go back to work with Dante later, that's the only explanation anyway, even though the way they said everything implied that ever since the Mallet Island incident, she's been working with him, but it works the other way around too.

anyway, I know its canon, its not less canon than the games, but the games are more canon than the anime. the difference is, the games have higher priority over the anime, I really don't think if they contradict each other, they'd use the anime as the true information & use it on a sequel & disregard the games.

the big contradiction is Trish being Dante's partner, it can be solved as "Trish went back to work for Dante", other things aren't in your face, like Lady paying Dante less because Trish made the situation worse, I could translate it in a different way, she didn't pay Dante less because Trish did that, she only said that after Trish complained not because Trish complained. its weird to take her words that way, but I'll take 'em if it means more consistency.

anyway, the mangas aren't canon, they went out of their way when they said the anime was canon, the word canon was on every sentence that mention the anime. yet not a single word was out about whether the manga was canon or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom