• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Devil May Cry have you put the most hours in?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Most: DMC 3 and 4 are tied, Bloody Palace and just the fun I get from both for playing Dante.

DMC 1 I think have a couple days worth in it easily(Not counting the times in DMD)

DMC 2(Secret Rooms)

Least: DmC, barely had any hours,I just finished that and VD got all achievements, returned it and never even gave it a second glance.

I love bloody palace cant wait to go back in with dante on dmc4

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I know, I love the flexibility of Dante, I can't even master the Star Rave(Barely can JC), I wish I could do the endless Fireworks like on DMC 3 again.

I dont jc im sure i could learn but i just dont feel like bothering and yah all those moves and weapons makes for an awsome character i still perfer nero to be honest the buster combos makes killing enemies alot easier but then dante has the versatility so it works out i just wanna try him out to test my skills and to get the last acheivements i need

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
DMC1 for me. I don't know why but I spend so much time trying to see if my skills get better with each playthrough. That game was damn hard and the enemies were a bit op for how tamed Dante was in that game. DMC3 would be next because of how much you could do in that game all together. I'm now trying to unlock skins and whatnot. DMC2 and DMC4 are a bit tied with DMC4 maybe 6 more hours into. DMC2 became super fun once you unlocked Trish and the secret rooms are indeed insane in DMD Mode. DMC4 is because of the awesome bloody palace. Playing with Dante in that game was beyond fun and mastering him and Nero separately is probably one of the biggest challenges in the series. DmC has a lot of hours too.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC3 Special Edition as Vergil (PS2) 40+ hours (it may be 50+... I'm not sure, but I do know that it's over 40).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DMC3. I don't even have to explain why, do I? :p

DMC4 also a lot, because it was so much fun fighting Credo and finding different combos to use against him. Aside from that, I love DMC4's cutscenes. If watching those count as the amount of hours I put into it, that helps.

berto

I Saw the Devil
no good. i guess i'm just not good enough. i take too much damage and it breaks my combo, i need more practice. the best i got was 3 a's and 2 s's. i'll just come back to it later.

Edit:
OK, Finally got it. I guess I just needed a break, but this morning I decided to give it a go and I got me some SAASS.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, that whole situation right there is why DMC3 has me clocked at the most hours, because I refuse to S on easy.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dmc3 I have a 4,000 plus hour save game on the PS2 for it and I have played a tonne of hours on it that I didn't save too and I've 300 plus hours on dmc3 HD too and my DMC 4 time played is pretty massive too

Kaim Argonar

Dmc3 I have a 4,000 plus hour save game on the PS2 for it and I have played a tonne of hours on it that I didn't save too and I've 300 plus hours on dmc3 HD too and my DMC 4 time played is pretty massive too
4,000 hours? Holy cow, Dante would love you!:woot:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Probably the first game. I was addicted to it when it first came out and it was pretty much the only thing I played for months. Not to mention how I still to this day revisit it.

Nelo The Great

The problem with me is that i constantly switch and delete saves, so i can't log how many hours i've spent. but, concerning other things, how do you all think the bloody palace mode would be in a 2D DMC game? should i even bother? or should i do something else?

Nelo The Great

Oh wait, i got it! Maybe there should be a challenge mode called the Nine circles of hell that have challenging objectives? maybe alongside the bloody palace? I think i might've just had a really good idea

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
This is how I do it. I start with Reblln/A&R + E&I/Shotgun and SwdMster. I turn around and go back to the shop as soon as the level starts and kill those guys, start the fight in front of the bar, go into the bar, come back out, kill em again, then go to the strip club, kill those pervos, move forward, switch to Trckstr and fight the dog. I do it in that order because I find it to be the quickest route.

I also can't seem to get very high style rank on the dog fight, I think that's where I struggle the most.

i'll try it your way, for once, see what it gets me.

Use trickster or royal guard as the build style with evades and blocks switch devil arms mid combo to build style too and use DTE as for Cerberus on normal use spiral switch cancel

Use trickster or royal guard as tjey

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
VOLis 525384 said:
I dont jc im sure i could learn but i just dont feel like bothering and yah all those moves and weapons makes for an awsome character i still perfer nero to be honest the buster combos makes killing enemies alot easier but then dante has the versatility so it works out i just wanna try him out to test my skills and to get the last acheivements i need

Star rave is easier to master if you switch the button config then attack enemy step rave enemy step attack etc

Top Bottom