• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where are you, Sparda?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 Just because Arius believed he will become immortal through Argosax, doesn't mean he actually would. People are prepared to believe all sorts of bullshit if it means a lot to them and it's presented in a plausible way.

And that doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong either. Even though we actually don't have proofs that demons are actually immortal, that's still an hint that they are, while there's nothing that indicates they are not. Did we actually see a demon dying by ageing? Nope.
So, we don't have proofs on both sides. But at least we have a hint that demons can be immortal, while we have none that they can't. No reasons for me to believe that they're not immortal, then.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well I said that it's probable that only the superior demons are immortal.
Also yes, Sparda died it seems, but as we already stated, he sealed his demonic powers in the Demon World, in order to trap Mundus and his army. Hence, when he came back from Hell, his powers were still there, so he wasn't immortal anymore.
I don't know why that would be the case. Why would superior demons be immortal, yet other demons be mortal? Where does this idea stem from? This is all speculation, and it's not really based on solid evidence. If ''the superior demons are immortal'', then Sparda is too. His loss of some demonic power should not change that, since power is not related to being a demon. Demons are a race of beings. He still remained a demon even if he lost some power.

So it just doesn't sound logical to me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't know why that would be the case. This is all speculation, and it's not really based on solid evidence. If ''the superior demons are immortal'', then Sparda is too. His loss of some demonic power should not change that, since he remains a demon. It just doesn't sound logical to me.

It does to me.
Well I guess this is one of the reasons why I want Capcom to continue with the original saga. To throw some light into certain matters.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I really don't see why superior demons would be immortal, yet all the other demons would be mortal.

Power is not related to being a demon. Demons are a race of beings. Sparda still remained a demon even if he lost some power. So if, according to you, superior demons are immortal, then Sparda must've been immortal even when he lost some power. But you believe he lost his immortality... and I don't know why.

If you can't see how illogical your thought process is, then I can't continue this conversation.

It's possible Mundus is technically immortal, since he was said to be locked away, basically. But that actually makes sense, because Mundus is an actual god - he is even obviously portrayed that way. To my knowledge, Sparda (or any other demon aside from Mundus) is not a god.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Where does anybody get their ideas of DMC's demon backgrounds from? I'm kind of sick of how many people like to throw their weight around as if they are right, when this is DMC we are talking about. A video game series that doesn't even seem to properly understand its own story or characters.

The demons do live a very long time. This does not even mean they will 'forever' and always.

It makes me laugh how everyone seems to put their opinions as a FACT, even though everyone else contradicts this by claiming how messed up DMC's story is and whinging about plot holes.

Wow.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
2,000 years is a long time.in itself for sparda or maybe 3,000 deending how old he was during the rebellion ,but if that is the case surely even though.dante ages similar to humans shouldn't he live much longer than them ?

Viper

Premium
2,000 years is a long time.in itself for sparda or maybe 3,000 deending how old he was during the rebellion ,but if that is the case surely even though.dante ages similar to humans shouldn't he live much longer than them ?
Hard to say with no one like him to compare, but it's possible taking into account his regenerating abilities.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well wolverine stopped.aging.due to his regenerative abilities once.reaching maturity so why not dante, they both have instantaneous regeneration.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
isn't he dead? I don't remember exactly, but I think in DMC comics was mentioned that he died in final battle with Munduss.

Top Bottom