• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where are you, Sparda?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, what ultimately happened to you?
I've never understood what was his ultimate fate. I don't think he died, since presumably demons are immortal (biologically at least). So, he simply got away forever, on vacation? Why? And if that's the case, where is he hiding?
I don't know if that's specified somewhere, so maybe some of you with more knowledge than md can clear my mind about this.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He sealed all his demonic power away to keep teminigru and the hell gates close so he lost the immortality.

More.than likely he just died or was killed in his weakened state.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
sparda served the human 'til his death this mentioned somewhere in DMC 4. not sure where.

but i think before sealing his power in demon world he had a fight with eva. thats why he never return to the human world.:tongue:

Viper

Premium
Sparda is dead.

That way Capcom don't have to elaborate more on him as a character. You gotta love the easy way out.

Add to that the fact that Eva is dead as well, Modeus and Baul are dead, Berial is dead, Mundus has no nice words left for him, and that the only surviving son doesn't know a damn thing, and you really don't have anyone to tell Sparda's story outside the legend.
Unless Dante can catch Matier on a good night and get a lot of liquor into the old bird so her tongue untangles.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, what ultimately happened to you?
I've never understood what was his ultimate fate. I don't think he died, since presumably demons are immortal (biologically at least). So, he simply got away forever, on vacation? Why? And if that's the case, where is he hiding?
I don't know if that's specified somewhere, so maybe some of you with more knowledge than md can clear my mind about this.
I haven't heard any official source claim that demons are immortal. They might live longer than the average human (since Sparda lived for at least a few hundred years up to the 1990s when Dante and Vergil were born), but immortality? No.

DMC1 actually said in the intro that he is dead: ''later he quietly reigned over the human world and continued to preserve harmony, until his death''. Besides, if he weren't dead, I don't know where else he could be. Mundus is no longer there to try to keep him imprisoned, as he was defeated by Dante. I don't see any reason for him to stay away, either. Demons will always try to invade the human world - Sparda's presence there should not be a problem. I don't know whether his death was from old age, or he sealed one last hell gate and lost his life in the process.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sparda rebelled 2,000 years ago so he could be 5000 years old for all we know. Having lost the majority of his power , he was most.likely killed in an attack the same as eva.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I haven't heard any official source claim that demons are immortal. They might live longer than the average human (since Sparda lived for at least a few hundred years up to the 1990s when Dante and Vergil were born), but immortality? No.

DMC1 actually said in the intro that he is dead: ''later he quietly reigned over the human world and continued to preserve harmony, until his death''. Besides, if he weren't dead, I don't know where else he could be. Mundus is no longer there to try to keep him imprisoned, as he was defeated by Dante. I don't see any reason for him to stay away from everything he ever loved, either. I don't know whether his death was from old age, or he sealed one last hell gate and lost his life in the process.

I guess it's how ef9 o shea said. Since he sealed his powers in the Demon World along with Mundus, he lost his immortality, so when he came back to the Human World, he was able to die.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Sparda rebelled 2,000 years ago so he could be 5000 years old for all we know. Having lost the majority of his power , he was most.likely killed in an attack the same as eva.
Yeah, but wasn't Sparda sealed away at some point? Mundus won once, I think, and the world became daaaark... and sh*t. Then Sparda escaped and finally defeated him. This is detailed in a rhyme in the DMC4 booklet too, I think.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I guess it's how ef9 o shea said. Since he sealed his powers in the Demon World along with Mundus, he lost his immortality, so when he came back to the Human World, he was able to die.
Yeah, but again, we don't know if demons are immortal. It might be that his loss of power did take a lot of years off his life, though. It's possible that marrying Eva was pretty much the last thing he did - he knew he needed to continue his legacy, but death was already approaching. In any case, all we know is that he's dead according to DMC1.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, but again, we don't know if demons are immortal. It might be that his loss of power did take a lot of years off his life, though. In any case, all we know is that he's dead according to DMC1.

I read in the wiki that demons are immortal. In fact, as the Demon page says, that's one of the reasons why Arius wanted to summon Argosax. To become an "all-powerful immortal", remember?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I read in the wiki that demons are immortal. In fact, as the Demon page says, that's one of the reasons why Arius wanted to summon Argosax. To become an "all-powerful immortal", remember?
The Devil May Cry wikia? I wouldn't take that as proof of anything. People write all kinds of stuff there, even speculation. As far as I know, demons like Berial and Sparda have never been proved to be immortal. We have no reason to believe they wouldn't die at some point. I have little knowledge of DMC2, but we all know DMC2 didn't turn out the way it should have. Besides, I don't know, maybe Argosax has that power... but I've never heard of ALL demons being immortal, sorry.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The Devil May Cry wikia? I wouldn't take that as proof of anything. People write all kinds of stuff there, even speculation. As far as I know, demons like Berial and Sparda have never been proved to be immortal. We have no reason to believe they wouldn't die at some point. I have little knowledge of DMC2, but we all know DMC2 didn't turn out the way it should have. Besides, I don't know, maybe Argosax has that power... but I've never heard of ALL demons being immortal, sorry.

DMC2 is still canon though. And since Arius wanted to summon Argosax to obtain immortality, that's a quite heavy hint that demons are immortal. At least, the major ones, like Argosax, Mundus, and Sparda. After all, they are supernatural beings, it's much more probable that they are immortal rather than they aren't.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
DMC2 is still canon though. And since Arius wanted to summon Argosax to obtain immortality, it's probable that demons are immortal. At least, the major ones, like Argosax, Mundus, and Sparda. After all, they are supernatural beings, it's much more probable that they are immortal rather than they aren't.
I don't see how them being supernatural beings makes it more likely for them to be immortal. I don't know, but if he wanted to summon Argosax rather than any other demon, doesn't that attribute some meaning to Argosax himself? I've never heard the games mention that demons are always immortal, so I can't just assume that they are. If Mundus is dead and won't return, then he isn't immortal. If Sparda died from old age (and he is a demon, you know), then obviously they aren't immortal. Or at least Sparda isn't.

Viper

Premium
@Foxtrot94 Just because Arius believed he will become immortal through Argosax, doesn't mean he actually would. People are prepared to believe all sorts of bullshit if it means a lot to them and it's presented in a plausible way.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't see how them being supernatural beings makes it more likely for them to be immortal. I don't know, but if he wanted to summon Argosax rather than any other demon, doesn't that ascribe some meaning to Argosax himself? I've never heard the games mention that demons are always immortal, so I can't just assume that they are. If Mundus is dead and won't return, then he isn't immortal. If Sparda died from old age (and he is a demon, you know), then obviously they aren't immortal. Or at least Sparda isn't.

Well I said that it's probable that only the superior demons are immortal.
Also yes, Sparda died it seems, but as we already stated, he sealed his demonic powers in the Demon World, in order to trap Mundus and his army. Hence, when he came back from Hell, his powers were still there, so he wasn't immortal anymore.

Top Bottom