• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's Your "No-No" in horror movies/games?

Captain Xin

I'm a massive wimp so.... a lot of things. Dark areas, going underwater, creepy **** that stalks me around but doesn't feel quite like fighting me yet. But I love the **** out of some properly done world building; in Doom 3 the only reason I made it as far as I did was because I couldn't get enough of all the audio logs laying around, it was some seriously awesome stuff
For me, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with the horror genre, my first horror movie was Alien back in the day when I was 11-12. Back then, every horror movie was a "No No" to me.

Then I grew up, and the first two Alien movie became one of my all time favorite. Although I still couldn't stand some of the more nasty stuff in horror movies.(i.e. torture scenes, scenes involved food, that kind of stuff. )

And I love the audio log in Doom 3, they reminds me of the audio log&diary in System Shock series!

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i'm not to afraid of horror movies/games
played outlast in one sitting wasn't scared

but the one movie that did scare me was john carpenter's the thing
the idea that anyone could be infected
Sheesh had a hard time sleeping that night
but it was an awesome movie

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
but the one movie that did scare me was john carpenter's the thing
the idea that anyone could be infected
Sheesh had a hard time sleeping that night
but it was an awesome movie
Have you seen other 2 of "lovecraft's trilogy" by carpenter: Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm the opposite of @ROCKMAN X, family friendly horror really gets old very quickly.
Don't get me wrong! i am no prude when it comes to gore.. my all time fav movies are a clockwork orange,sim city,pulp fiction,reservoir dogs and oldboy.

I just don't like movies that use gore as simple gimmicks i don't want to watch torture scenes and rape scenes for the sake of it take for ex human centipede and the saw sequels you can tell that the whole movie is just trying to gross you out as much it can without caring about the plot,characters or anything..

And if the gore is used too much it just loses its shock value and becomes boring.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The first Human Centipede movie is actually really not graphic so we should really stop trying to call that one of the grossest movies ever. And overall, it's not a bad flick. Mainly because the guy who played the Dr. in it was freaking awesome. I loved that guy. He really makes that movie.

The second one however is just silly. It's so over the top with trying to actually be graphic and gross it comes off not as gross but very cartoony. It actually reminded me of the South Park episode the Human Cent-iPad.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The Saw franchise is something though that is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I still enjoyed all the Saw movies, but the first one is no doubt the best.

I can see why some people got tired of them, but there's not denying how far they took that plot with from just two dudes chained up in a bathroom. They added enough to keep me compelled wondering what happens next. So I kept watching and took it as it is.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Oh i understand, what qualifies a horror movie/game for some isn't necessarily the same qualifications for others.
Nah its about what qualifies as horror its about overused genre tropes.

I like action,ultra-violence,drama,mystery,plot-twists in movies but when they're overdone and delivered in a half-assed way it just comes off as unsavory and leaves a lot to be desired.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this just qualifies for movies. but when i actually see the threat or it's physical form, i lose interest. and for games, when i don't feel vulnerable. if i know i can handle the situation with ease, then the fear isn't present anymore

Captain Xin

And in games, it is frustrating.

Don't usually play games like this .I am, however, a resident evil fan so I feel your pain

The Nemesis in RE3 was my favorite enemy from Capcom, and that was an unstoppable enemy too. So I think it's all comes to how well the developers design their games. It can be a heart-pounding bloody good time, but also become a frustrating BS rage quit.

Top Bottom