• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

whats your favourite version ??

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
from what i know there are two versions to this the english and japanese
for me mine is the japenese one with english subs for the simple fact that dantes voice is so much cooler than the english one :steve: :steve:

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
^^agree it is just a bit funny lmao its easyier to watch the english for me well because i understand it but as i said dantes voice is way better in the japanese

S

Sparda hellsing

I prefer the English... Whenever I watch Japanese dub of something I read the text and miss some of whatever anime I'm watching. Also to me English usually sounds better...my opinion

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
English version!
The subs suck on the Japanese version and I miss half of what's going on.
The Japanese voice acting is less annoying/grating.
But I prefer the English one. Reuben does Dante's voice acting. I wouldn't have watched the anime if it wasn't for that.

Viper

Premium
Hmm, both. Sometimes English version cause of Reuben and it feels a bit more funny. Sometimes Japanese also cause voice acting is more easy on the ear, and dialog feels more serious. Reading subs doesn't bother me, as a non-English speaker who grew up on Hollywood movies I mastered the art of following image and text at the same time.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I like a mixture of the two dubs. Watching it in Japanese makes sure my Japanese lectures don't go to waste. :wink:

I like English for Dante, but I'm not fussed which language when it comes to other characters. Having said that, I do not like Japanese Patty. She is too high pitched for me. I hate that kind of fake high voice.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
As with most of the animes I watch: English. Just cuz I like the dub voices more and it seems like a lot of the subtitles are really...weird. Like something got lost in translation. Also, Rueben's voice is just.... :thumbsup:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, when I was less skilled in English, obviously I watched it in Italian, and I gotta say that the characters voice actors are really good, and Dante's voice fits. Then I watched it in English, but as much ad I love Reuben, I remain attached to the italian version.

pepodmc

English version, Reuben Langdon did a great job with the anime VA and all the games in the series are in english.

And he IS the voice of Dante ! XD

Top Bottom