• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite sword?

What's your favorite sword?

• Yamato (DMC)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Force Edge

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Red Queen

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Alastor

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Rebellion (DmC)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Yamato (DmC)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Vendetta

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Merciless

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Sparda

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Rebellion (DMC)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Mine goes to Sparda, cool design, hits hard, turns into a scythe and extends like twenty million feet when you DT with it. I also like the red aura it has around it when you select it from the weapons list.

Meg

It has appeared in multiple crossovers if it's any consolation...

Why no Agni and Rudra? Anyhow my favorite on this list would be Yamato followed by Alastor then Rebellion.
Most of the blades listed are primary Devil Arms used by the characters over the series. Weapons like Agni & Rudra were secondary weapons that served less of an importance against weapons like Alastor or Force Edge.
But you listed secondary sword from DMC2....
Well they were like a balance with Rebellion. They were his trio of swords.
Actually, I just forgot to list Agni and Rudra. :tongue:

EDIT: I just realized I effed up the poll. :facepalm:

berto

I Saw the Devil
EDIT: I just realized I effed up the poll. :facepalm:
Oh, good, I don't have to bring it up.

Rebellion from DMC3/4. The thing is badass, just look at it. Check it in the gallery and look at all around. I've said this before but If that thing had a wallet it would say 'Bad MotherF#cker' on it.

Meg

Oh, good, I don't have to bring it up.

Rebellion from DMC3/4. The thing is badass, just look at it. Check it in the gallery and look at all around. I've said this before but If that thing had a wallet it would say 'Bad MotherF#cker' on it.
Saying your not bringing it up is still bringing it up. :tongue:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I chose them all.

Merciless looks like a fire poker, but I figured, "Eh, why not?"

And Vendetta is named after one of my favorite heroes so, I had to pick that one, as well.

FE is perfect for challenging playthroughs. It's the Dark Souls of "Let's Plays".

Yamato... I picked both because while I like the DMC3, I'll still give it points for being a double-handed sword that becomes the Sparda in DMC1.

Just for the record, I unofficially vote for all three Rebellions (because you accidentally put it up there in the "Question Block" instead of the "Vote Choice" block) since I happen to like all three.

If I had to pick an absolute favorite though... it would have to be DmC's Rebellion.

It's got a nice design, great control, and since it's not trying to overcompensate for anything, it's just the right length. :)

... seriously though, as much as I like DMC3's Pre-Transformation Rebellion (technically, another choice left out on the list lol), the blade itself will always and forever look like a you-know-what.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Red Queen and Yamato. Red Queen due to its Exceed system and nice design, Yamato becase it is katana, and because of its draw-attack technique.

Nightmare Omni

I actually like some of the Quest Item/Key Item Swords in DMC1.

Eg: The Pirate Ship Swords & The Spiky/Jagged Edged Blade Sword that you insert into a slot under a Bust.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Red Queen because an engine sword is awesome. Also it was fun to use in gameplay.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Is that the one which is a Homage to the Stephen King Book/Movie "Christine"?
That's the one with the possessed car right? I don't think so, it's more of a motorcycle because of the handle. Besides its name is a reference to Resident Evil.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
favorite_game_swords_mark_ii_by_jinndemonevil-d3ho0ya.gif

KRSkull

I voted for both Yamatos because they are elegant and have that independence feel to them.

I also voted for Rebellion (DmC) because it has a unique look and also voted for Rebellion (DMC) because of the unique design of the skulls and because its not in the list.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I also voted for Rebellion (DmC) because it has a unique look and also voted for Rebellion (DMC) because of the unique design of the skulls and because its not in the list.

Eh, that's a serious sin. Why is it not in the list?

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium

Nightmare Omni

Are there any Screen Cap Pics of the Quest Item Swords from DMC1 around?

DMC1 Inventory Pics seem to be either super rare or non existent.

Bangle of Time Pics were hard to find but I did find Two.

The only Inventory Pics I have found were the Quicksilver and the Sparda Amulet.

Would be nice if Animated Gifs of the Weapon Equip and Devil Arm Equip Animations were available too.

Top Bottom