• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite sword?

What's your favorite sword?

• Yamato (DMC)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Force Edge

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Red Queen

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Alastor

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Rebellion (DmC)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Yamato (DmC)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Vendetta

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Merciless

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Sparda

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Rebellion (DMC)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Meg

I think there's been a thread for this before, but it's been awhile soooooo........:D

What's your favorite sword(s) in Devil May Cry? Vote in the poll and then explain below. I made separate choices for Rebellion and Yamato because I know the designs are different.

I like Red Queen the best because 1) it looks cool and 2) it can get revved up which is always fun to play with.

I also really like Force Edge because it's classy.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I like DMC Rebellion because the sword has a awesome and memorable design with a load of slick moves and it suits Dante perfectly.

I also like Yamato cause I like ninja swords and the way Vergil just does a simple stab then slowly holsters it for the kill.
Also is there much of a difference in design between the DMC & DmC versions cause I never really noticed, didn't pay much attention to Yamato in DmC.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

I like DMC Rebellion because the sword has a awesome and memorable design with a load of slick moves and it suits Dante perfectly.

I also like Yamato cause I like ninja swords and the way Vergil just does a simple stab then slowly holsters it for the kill.
Also is there much of a difference in design between the DMC & DmC versions cause I never really noticed, didn't pay much attention to Yamato in DmC.
Rebellion is noticeably different in DMC and DmC. I think DmC Yamato is shorter. I just included both because why not. Might as well.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Rebellion is noticeably different in DMC and DmC. I think DmC Yamato is shorter. I just included both because why not. Might as well.
DmC Rebellion is pretty much forgettable IMO.

But they really should have shown off Yamato more in DmC, in DMC3 & 4 Yamato pretty much became a character of it's own, it wasn't just a weapon.
When Vergil used it in DMC3 it showed off how awesome the sword was when used by it's owner, same could be said about Rebellion when it awakens and Dante uses it while flying down the tower.
In DMC4 Yamato became a plot device in which Dante and Nero fought over it, Sanctus used it to power the hell gate, Dante used it against the Savior and then Nero used it against Sanctus.
Yamato really got the spotlight.
Then in DmC it barely shows itself and is used in a lackluster final boss fight.

Also I can't select DMC Rebellion in the poll lol

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
DMC 3 Vergil and the yamato has such an awesome move list i don't like it as much as when dante use's it in 4 tho not as meny moves

the Red Queen has a really sweet move list when ever i get a max act it feels so good

and Sparda just cus its freaking Sparda it so disappointing to me that Dante can only uses it in 1

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
My vote goes to Alastor. I love everything about it: The blade itself, the winged hilt, the lightning element, the moves, and of course the DT associated with it. :)

I hope it makes a comeback in a future game.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Red Queen, simply because it does what the Final Fantasy series has failed to do with weapon combinations like the Gunblade, by giving it an actual function in the form of Exceed.
My vote goes to Alastor. I love everything about it: The blade itself, the winged hilt, the lightning element, the moves, and of course the DT associated with it. :)

I hope it makes a comeback in a future game.
Alastor's a close second for me. Its visually resembled something that warranted the title of "Devil Arm." I still don't know why it never turned up in a future game. :(

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Red Queen, simply because it does what the Final Fantasy series has failed to do with weapon combinations like the Gunblade, by giving it an actual function in the form of Exceed.

Alastor's a close second for me. Its visually resembled something that warranted the title of "Devil Arm." I still don't know why it never turned up in a future game. :(
It has appeared in multiple crossovers if it's any consolation...

Why no Agni and Rudra? Anyhow my favorite on this list would be Yamato followed by Alastor then Rebellion.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Why no Agni and Rudra?
Most of the blades listed are primary Devil Arms used by the characters over the series. Weapons like Agni & Rudra were secondary weapons that served less of an importance against weapons like Alastor or Force Edge.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I'm going for the awakened Sparda. That thing has an awesome design and it converts to a spear (Stinger) and a scythe (Round Trip).

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
DMC3!Rebellion's too phallic shaped for me to take seriously. XD Gotta go with Yamato. Alastor had the coolest hilt though....hmmmm, tough call.

Frazz

General gamer
I think Alastor is the best due to it's cool design and awesome DT! I really hope that if a DMC5 is made that we get to use Alastor with DMC4 style combat (or better)!

Top Bottom