• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats your fave game ending?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think cause and effect type games such as Mass Effect, as one example, manage to achieve something special - if not actually overwhelming - with their endings because what you choose to do in the game affects the outcome overall and you can have multiple endings depending on which choices you made...

I like a good cliff-hanger ending but I don't like ones which leave you just as puzzled as you were in the beginning...

Evil Nero

Keaton;103846 said:
^I agree, Assasins Creed is one of my most loved games, but the ending, despite being VERY open-ended kinda just left me with the 'wut?' expression ¬_¬;;

They intentionally did that!
Apprently theres going to be quite a lot of sequels.
I hope the next one is based in a mordern city this time as I don't think they have an option unless they do a prequel and explain the mysterious writing on the wall.

TheDoctor

The Oncoming Storm
Assassin's Creed is part of a trilogy, as everything seems to be these days. Bioshock, for example.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Green Hat;103018 said:
god of war 2, epic stuff. And definitely DMC1.

Great minds think a like, God of War 2's ending is epic to say the least. When I see that ending it makes feel like I can't wait to play GOW 3 (so frustrating!!!! it won't be out for about a year) Can't wait to finish of Zeus and destroy Olympus.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thinking about it, I'll also go for Halo 3...Because it ended. >_<

The campaign was criminally short, it made me happy that it was over, although Multiplayer excuses a LOT of it's design flaws.

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
FFVII & FFIX's endings are tied for me. They both actually did make me feel like I had 'accomplished something' as Angel put it.

The 'Good' ending of Bioshock made me feel like I had done something too, it actually moved me xD It was a little on the short side though, and the fight with Ryan left something to be desired, but overall, Bioshock's one of my fave games ever so I can't knock it too much :p The 'Bad' ending was.......extremely weak though, and didn't seem worth the effort at all, especially since nothing else changed (with the exception of the 'gifts' obviously).

Koemi

half-breed
my definition of "nice" is "unexpected touching" and relates well with the theme/storyline. So this includes...
DMC 4 - the part where Nero's saying thank-you till Dante leaves the scene. When Dante says "I have my reasons for helping...", his reasons seem to be more than just a "dying request"

DMC 3 - saddening but brings out how much Dante has mature throughout the game and his human side

Shadow the hedgehog & Sonic Adventure 2 - kinda feel sorry for Shadow...

Kingdom Hearts II - from the part where Riku got beaten up till the very end

FFVII: CC - also a terribly sad ending, but correlates well with FFVII and when Zack's wondering if he's a hero (probably on his way to life stream), you'll almost wanna say "yes you are, so don't go!! oh poor Aerith..."

Janny

Dines with dementia
Let's see... DMC3, Hitman: Blood Money, Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, FFX (I'm curious to know who didn't love the awesome ending) Prince of Persia : Sands of time, Silent Hill 2 (I like all of the endings actually, but the water ending is sad enough to make a grown man cry).

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Devil May Cry 4 - Damn!! Nero was so close to kiss Kyrie

Final Fantasy: Dissidia - Each hero return to their home in order(from X to I)^^

Resident Evil 4 – At the end of the mission Leon try to get Hunnigan phone number:lol:

josephuzumaki

ManOfMayhem;102952 said:
What is your fave game ending that you have seen?
My fave is FFX ending its just so sad and really gets into you

the best one ive seen is the one on destroy all humans 2 that was great

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
The ending of Chrono Trigger and Lost Odyssey.

I actually cried. Not like tears streaming down my face, but because they were both beautiful games. Especially Lost Odyssey.

Meg

Since I really enjoyed inFAMOUS the fact that the ending really set up a sequel was like OOOOO!!! YAY!

Top Bottom