• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's with all the Kyrie hate?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Personaly I have nothing against Kyrie, the only thing I don't like about her is that lack of development she got throug the entire game. But there was also one other thing....I think they wee trying to pull somehting due to Nero's and Kyrie's voice actor/actress.

The person who plays Nero in this game also voices the english Dub of Ichigo from Bleach. Same thing with Kyrie, she has the same voice actor as Orihime from Bleach too. So they tried to base the characters off the characters from Bleach. Hell they even had Kyrie kidnapped like Orihime was in Bleach. But they did nearly suck all the persoanlity out of Kyrie if you compared her to Orihime (atleast Orihime had a nice personality and background, Kyrie has neither).

That really got to me because...if I wasn't paying attention I could have thought that I was watching Bleach's anime instead of playing DMC4
hehe Bleach May Cry :troll:

OniLink

Hero of Time
hello Conan, anyone. or yet Dante's Inferno: the video game. Damsels make some characters. Without Kyrie, Nero would be nothing, same with Beatrice or the hundreds in Conan, Dante (Inferno) would be a raving madman and Conan, a virgin

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Sparda's a full on demon so im pretty damn sure he didn't scream out eva's name every 10 seconds. If that were the case, then i'm sure he wouldn't be regarded as a savior and more of an annoyance. Besides Nero's half human so you can't exactly compare him to sparda.
mmm im sure i can compare him to sparda half demon or not thats not the case....sparda had a heart to love another person so thats what im saying....not thts his close to sparda that would be crazy...^_^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Sparda's a full on demon so im pretty damn sure he didn't scream out eva's name every 10 seconds. If that were the case, then i'm sure he wouldn't be regarded as a savior and more of an annoyance. Besides Nero's half human so you can't exactly compare him to sparda.

How do you know Sparda didn't scream out for Eva? Eva was Sparda's first girl, so obviously he would first scream for her, get angry, and go Goku on the demons who took her. (If demons ever did take her)

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Kyrie and Nero is what Dante and Vergil became like after DMC 1: a empty shell.

ZeroLove

Sparda was gone long before Eva was killed, so I doubt he would scream anything. I also doubt Eva was his first girl, maybe his first human, but as seen in Devil May Cry 3, Nevan has had a taste of that sugar as well. ;P

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How do you know Sparda didn't scream out for Eva? Eva was Sparda's first girl, so obviously he would first scream for her, get angry, and go Goku on the demons who took her. (If demons ever did take her)

I assumed that's how he died.

He tried and screwed up and Mundus killed him.

DragonMaster2010

Sparda was gone long before Eva was killed, so I doubt he would scream anything. I also doubt Eva was his first girl, maybe his first human, but as seen in Devil May Cry 3, Nevan has had a taste of that sugar as well. ;P

I never said Sparda screamed for Eva before she died, I meant maybe before Dante or Vergil were born. Come on, Eva was Sparda's first love so when she was possibly taken from him, he probably screamed her name to the heavens. Also we gotta remember, Sparda sealed his demonic power into his Sparda sword and sealed the door to the demon world, so He was just in his human form around the time he met Eva. So he couldn't do as much when in human form.

Also, Nervan may have been Sparda's first girl but not his first love. Probably his rebound ass.^_^

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

I never said Sparda screamed for Eva before she died, I meant maybe before Dante or Vergil were born. Come on, Eva was Sparda's first love so when she was possibly taken from him, he probably screamed her name to the heavens. Also we gotta remember, Sparda sealed his demonic power into his Sparda sword and sealed the door to the demon world, so He was just in his human form around the time he met Eva. So he couldn't do as much when in human form.

Also, Nervan may have been Sparda's first girl but not his first love. Probably his rebound ass.^_^
hehe im sorry but i was nervan's first!!:p:cool:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

You guys do realize that sparda is over 2000 years old, right?

I'm sure he has other women in his life besides nevan before he rebelled and he probably had other women than eva in the 2000 plus years he has been alive.

DragonMaster2010

You guys do realize that sparda is over 2000 years old, right?

I'm sure he has other women in his life besides nevan before he rebelled and he probably had other women than eva in the 2000 plus years he has been alive.

But out of all those women, how many do you think he would have loved so much to make children? Eva was his first love as far as "Spend the rest of my life with you." But maybe with Eva, she was the first woman in his life who he couldn't save right away. Being with Sparda has it's flaws, and constantly being attacked by demons is one of them. Maybe the past women Sparda loved died and he didn't want that to happen again.

And what's wrong with Sparda screaming out for Eva? Remember the saying

"Even a Devil may cry if he looses a loved one."

Sparda's a devil, and he was loosing a loved one.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
But out of all those women, how many do you think he would have loved so much to make children? Eva was his first love as far as "Spend the rest of my life with you." But maybe with Eva, she was the first woman in his life who he couldn't save right away. Being with Sparda has it's flaws, and constantly being attacked by demons is one of them. Maybe the past women Sparda loved died and he didn't want that to happen again.

And what's wrong with Sparda screaming out for Eva? Remember the saying

"Even a Devil may cry if he looses a loved one."

Sparda's a devil, and he was loosing a loved one.

I never said i had a problem with him crying out for Eva, I'm just against people thinking she was his only significant other and vice versa.

To be fair, we are talking about a character who we know nothing off and hasn't made a appearance so im keeping an open head.

I'm not saying he doesnt love her, im just unsure about the first love part.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Patty was a humourous addition to the animé and served her role well. I liked her. Kyrie has the personality of a piece of wood. A frail piece of wood at that.
And if Tekkon has thought us anything its that characters made of wood can have character traits. :)

Top Bottom