• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's the most emotional scene to you in the entire series?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Devil May Cry is a hack and slash videogame series, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any scene with a certain emotional impact. So, as the title says, what's the most emotional for you? I mean any kind of emotion: sadness, melancony, anger, "badassery", whatever.
Mine is in DMC3, when Vergil falls down the waterfall. As a youngster, when I first played the game, I admit I shed a tear.
Credo's death and final request was pretty dramatic too.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I actually thought the scene with Dante promising Lady to take care of things was pretty powerful.
1:12:14

That and Lady killing Arkham.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Never really had one honestly. DMC's emotional scenes were never that good and I couldn't really feel for any of them. The only one that comes close was in DMC1 when Trish saved Dante's life and he was conflicted as to whether or not he could trust her anymore since she's got his mom's face.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Never really had one honestly. DMC's emotional scenes were never that good and I couldn't really feel for any of them. The only one that comes close was in DMC1 when Trish saved Dante's life and he was conflicted as to whether or not he could trust her anymore since she's got his mom's face.

I disagree. There are some scenes that are made really well. Of course it's a subjective matter if a scene touched you or not, but the way they handled certain scenes is superb.

DragonMaster2010

I disagree. There are some scenes that are made really well. Of course it's a subjective matter if a scene touched you or not, but the way they handled certain scenes is superb.

Yeah, but like I said, just didn't do anything for me. It's all subjective like you said.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i'd say in DMC 1 its has to be when Dante saves Trish
when Dante says "because you look like my mother... now get out of my sight" you can just feel how mad he is

DMC 2 wasn't in credibly emotional but i do respect Lucia for being willing to end her own life so she wouldn't harm anyone

DMC 3 is a tie between when Dante is tells lady "at first, I didn't give a damn. But because of you, I know what's important now. I know what I need to do."

and when Dante's says to Vergil "What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father!"
this ****es of Vergil and i get the idea that not even Vergil know what hes doing anymore but he's lust for power is too strong now

DMC 4 when Dante gives Yamato to Nero
also its when Nero say "hey Dante, will we meet again" and Dante doesn't say anything

but if you want the most emotional its probably when Vergil say "im staying this place was our fathers home" and jumps

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Is utter hilarity an emotion cuz if so the *ahem* LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT scene wins. But all joking aside the post Nightmare 3 cutscene did a nice job. Especially Dante's rant. "You may have the face but you'll never have her fire!" I'd also say that Vergil's departure was pretty sad.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, but like I said, just didn't do anything for me. It's all subjective like you said.
I think his point was that it's subjective whether the scenes were good or not. You said ''DMC's emotional scenes were never that good''. It's fine if they didn't do anything for you, but stating it as some kind of fact that they're 'just not good' is pretty odd considering you also admitted it is subjective.
I can agree with you, though, that most emotional scenes weren't that good... but I guess that's because DMC tries not to get too emotional. DMC3, for example, is more of an upbeat hack and slash fest than an incredibly emotional story.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah what I was trying to say is that yes, of course Devil May Cry focuses primarily on badassery and beating the hell out of enemies, but it's also true that there are some good and well directed emotional scenes (for a hack n slash) scattered throughout the series. I just wanted to know which one touched you guys the most, that's all :)

DragonMaster2010

I think his point was that it's subjective whether the scenes were good or not. You said ''DMC's emotional scenes were never that good''. It's fine if they didn't do anything for you, but stating it as some kind of fact that they're 'just not good' is pretty odd considering you also admitted it is subjective.
That in itself should be self-implied that it was me speaking subjectively.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
My top 3

>Lady finally kills Arkham
>Dante saves Trish but lets her know that just because she carries his mothers face doesn't mean that he'll overlook her betrayal.
>Lucia pleading Dante to kill her out of fear of her mother's and the other human's safety.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I can agree with you, though, that most emotional scenes weren't that good... but I guess that's because DMC tries not to get too emotional. DMC3, for example, is more of an upbeat hack and slash fest than an incredibly emotional story.
The problem is that the series tries to be emotional, and it tries hard. Every now and then, each entry takes a break from its testosterone-filled, over-the-top atmosphere to introduce an “emotional” or “suspenseful cutscene.” You can tell in developer interviews for DMC3 and 4 (especially 4) that the writers and producers of the game were trying really hard to tell a story…the problem is that each “confrontation in the rain” or “heartfelt exchange of dialogue” usually boils down to be shoddily-written melodrama.

This is something that’s always bothered me about the Devil May Cry series, something that I almost applaud Bayonetta for doing properly: if you have overstylish characters and a nonsensical tone, DO NOT try to have a plot or make any attempt to add narrative weight, or try to sell the characters/story seriously. And despite that, each Devil May Cry game (and the anime, to a very prominent degree) has shown repeated efforts by the creators to have a serious plot, with narrative tension…and each time, they fail miserably.

That’s why I want the Devil May Cry games to go the route of Bayonetta, or No More Heroes…just don’t try to be serious at all.

DragonMaster2010

That’s why I want the Devil May Cry games to go the route of Bayonetta, or No More Heroes…just don’t try to be serious at all.

But Bayonetta and No More Heroes had their emotional touching moments as well. It's not so much as DON'T add emotional scenes in Devil May Cry, but rather don't add POORLY written emotional scenes.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Vergil teaming up with dante, and later dante even lets him shoot one of his guns (this is the only time vergil ever even touches a gun)

Lady shooting arkham

Final showdown between dante and vergil, including vergil's parting farewell and self banishment to the demon world

Top Bottom