• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would it take to kill Dante...permanently?

What do you think will finally kill Dante?

• Immolation(burning)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Dismemberment

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other(please list)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaBuchanan

Blaze Knight
inspired by a weird dream in which dante ended up getting decapitated and had his head stitched back on for the sake of preparing his body for his funeral and woke up even after that.

just wondering, but what do you think it would take to kill dante for good?

Tramendium

RebeccaBuchanan;181833 said:
inspired by a weird dream in which dante ended up getting decapitated and had his head stitched back on for the sake of preparing his body for his funeral and woke up even after that.

just wondering, but what do you think it would take to kill dante for good?

Boredom i guess :p

Railazel

Basically, the two things that are listed above. Of course, DMC would never allow Dante to be burned alive, so I guess I'll have to go with decapitation.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well probably anything, except you'd have to do whatever it is a hell of a lot. If we take the game into consideration, then sharp things, bullets, demonic magic, and other such demonic weaponry can kill Dante. Anything human based is suppose to have less effect on weakening him. Thus I would say it would have to be of demonic power to kill Dante. Anyone or thing wielding a weak amount of Demonic energy is not going to slay Dante. Unless he should be totally set upon by demons, he would be ripped apart. However, he out skills all of them. In such case, one like Nero, Mundus or Vergil would be the only such being that could kill him off. Yet the fight would indeed be epic. If we take the fact that Dante needed the perfect amulet and Force Edge's True Form in order to defeat Mundus. Without it, Dante could have faced his death.

So that is your answer. You could indeed burn Dante, but you'd need to roast him for ages; because he won't burn so easily. It's all about endurance with him, someone capable of keeping up with his skill and pace. Without the essential skill, nothing can kill him. He is thus far a deadly, truly masterful, energetic thrill ride of a character.

These are all just my points, and my opinion. Nothing to base this whole question on, or deem as a reasonable answer.

~LoD

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've said it once, I've said it a million times, the intense power of one being could pound Dante into the ground.

Alucard.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;181867 said:
Well probably anything, except you'd have to do whatever it is a hell of a lot. If we take the game into consideration, then sharp things, bullets, demonic magic, and other such demonic weaponry can kill Dante. Anything human based is suppose to have less effect on weakening him. Thus I would say it would have to be of demonic power to kill Dante. Anyone or thing wielding a weak amount of Demonic energy is not going to slay Dante. Unless he should be totally set upon by demons, he would be ripped apart. However, he out skills all of them. In such case, one like Nero, Mundus or Vergil would be the only such being that could kill him off. Yet the fight would indeed be epic. If we take the fact that Dante needed the perfect amulet and Force Edge's True Form in order to defeat Mundus. Without it, Dante could have faced his death.

So that is your answer. You could indeed burn Dante, but you'd need to roast him for ages; because he won't burn so easily. It's all about endurance with him, someone capable of keeping up with his skill and pace. Without the essential skill, nothing can kill him. He is thus far a deadly, truly masterful, energetic thrill ride of a character.

These are all just my points, and my opinion. Nothing to base this whole question on, or deem as a reasonable answer.

~LoD

You don't need a whole lot of decapitation to kill anyone no matter how hardy seeing as how he would only need to lose his head once.:p

As far as we know, If he loses his head he is done, like Highlander.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
RebeccaBuchanan;181833 said:

Weird dreams u have huh?! =D

Anyway, as said before, to kill dante, it would have to be something magical I guess...maybe a beam with a big ammount of demonic energy to disintegrate Dante's body or maybe decapitation with some magic weapon.

RebeccaBuchanan

Blaze Knight
Angelo Credo;181868 said:
I've said it once, I've said it a million times, the intense power of one being could pound Dante into the ground.

Alucard.

*laughs* that's kind of a no-brainer. i mean hell, he even killed anderson

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Black Angel;181870 said:
As far as we know, If he loses his head he is done, like Highlander.

Have you seen Naruto Shippuden? You know about Hidan? Asuma decapitated Hidan, but he didn't die, he put his head again on the neck.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
RebeccaBuchanan;181874 said:
*laughs* that's kind of a no-brainer. i mean hell, he even killed anderson

Perhaps, but I figure if you're gonna do something, why do it half-arsed? Bring out the biggest guns you have to do the job.

RebeccaBuchanan

Blaze Knight
Slayer_of_Darkness96;181887 said:
Have you seen Naruto Shippuden? You know about Hidan? Asuma decapitated Hidan, but he didn't die, he put his head again on the neck.

that...would make a very funny picture, seeing dante do that...or a very scary one

Nero: *cuts off dante's head*
Dante's head: really?*somehow manages to keep talking despite having no lungs*
Dante's body: *picks up the head, after much comical stumbling around trying to find it, and puts it back on the neck*
Dante: WTF?!!*somehow wound up backwards*uhh...kid, can you do me a favor and cut my head off again? this ain't right
Nero: O_O;;

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Well we already know that sons of Sparda can OBVIOUSLY survive exploding.:\ ..sorry

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^not really, its just that they have not been hit by an explosion strong enough to seriously hurt them.

Slayer_of_Darkness96;181887 said:

This is facepalm worthy. It really is:dry:

Exactly what is your point?

Hidan is NOT Dante, Hidan isn't a demon and Naruto is NOT Devil My Cry. This little comment therefore has NO relevance to the topic.

We have never seen Dante lose a limb or his head, that is probably because he can't grow back limbs and losing his head would kill him.

RebeccaBuchanan

Blaze Knight
well, that may be true, but you have to admit, if it didn't, it'd make for a really funny cut scene, seeing dante's body stumbling around looking for his head.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;181928 said:
^not really, its just that they have not been hit by an explosion strong enough to seriously hurt them.

This is facepalm worthy. It really is:dry:

Exactly what is your point?

Hidan is NOT Dante, Hidan isn't a demon and Naruto is NOT Devil My Cry. This little comment therefore has NO relevance to the topic.

We have never seen Dante lose a limb or his head, that is probably because he can't grow back limbs and losing his head would kill him.

Yet considering that would never happen, you cannot prove or assume it would kill him. Hence your point is equally irrelevant, wouldn't you admit?

Sparda™

LordOfDarkness;181933 said:
Yet considering that would never happen, you cannot prove or assume it would kill him. Hence your point is equally irrelevant, wouldn't you admit?

Exactly.

Since we haven't seen him do It, you can't say he can't do It.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sparda™;181936 said:
Exactly.

Since we haven't seen him do It, you can't say he can't do It.

Precisely ^_^

I am not however stating your point is incorrect. I'm just stating how equal to relevance it was towards the matter. For instance, if I assume that just because something has never happened, it must mean it cannot happen; then I'm classing that as a fact based on my own understanding. Whereas really that logic should consist on me being open to the possibility to the thing that had never happened, perhaps actually happening.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;181951 said:
Precisely ^_^

I am not however stating your point is incorrect. I'm just stating how equal to relevance it was towards the matter. For instance, if I assume that just because something has never happened, it must mean it cannot happen; then I'm classing that as a fact based on my own understanding. Whereas really that logic should consist on me being open to the possibility to the thing that had never happened, perhaps actually happening.

I said decapitation would PROBABLY kill Dante. Based on the fact that we have not ever seen him get decapitated or lose a limb.

So basically my point has at least some grounding in DMC cannon.

Some character from some completely different anime cannot be used as an even remotely valid argument.

In order for my comment to be equaly irrelevant I would have to have said something like; "oh yhea well, what about Samurai X? When people get decapitated in that anime they just die!"

See, that would have been equally pointless. Because Samurai X has NOTHING to to with the topic.

I posted instead, something we know about DMC. The fact that we have never seen Dante live thru Decapitation. Also, just because we have not seen it does not actually mean there is equal chance he could survive it. Dante is NOT immortal. He can get tired, he can be beaten and he can die. The fact that Dante isn't invincible is made abundantly clear thru out the DMC games.

He is just a human with demonic powers, that means allot of what would kill a human only hurts Dante. That does not make him immortal or unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom