• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would it take to kill Dante...permanently?

What do you think will finally kill Dante?

• Immolation(burning)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Dismemberment

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other(please list)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Black Angel;181953 said:
I posted instead, something we know about DMC. The fact that we have never seen Dante live thru Decapitation. Also, just because we have not seen it does not actually mean there is equal chance he could survive it. Dante is NOT immortal. He can get tired, he can be beaten and he can die. The fact that Dante isn't invincible is made abundantly clear thru out the DMC games.

Dante has never been decapitated in the series, but has been stung with his sword through his torso and has removed It like he suffered a paper cut.

My point is basic and simple like LoD mentioned above.

If we haven't witnessed something happen or heard, then, we can't say It really never happened. We still have to see Dante getting in a near-death experience so we can see how powerful he is.

From all comparisons, all you guys undervalue him. He's half-human, yes, but he's a demon with the heart of a human, which makes him stronger than any normal half-breed you'd think of. This isn't just about facts - It's also spiritual.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;181974 said:
Dante has never been decapitated in the series, but has been stung with his sword through his torso and has removed It like he suffered a paper cut.

My point is basic and simple like LoD mentioned above.

If we haven't witnessed something happen or heard, then, we can't say It really never happened. We still have to see Dante getting in a near-death experience so we can see how powerful he is.

From all comparisons, all you guys undervalue him. He's half-human, yes, but he's a demon with the heart of a human, which makes him stronger than any normal half-breed you'd think of. This isn't just about facts - It's also spiritual.

You got it backwards. Dante himself says he considers himself human with Demonic blood.

So just because we have never seen him lose his head we can't assume he never has?

That seems to imply that you get to say he can survive anything we have not seen him face yet.

If we have not seen it in the series then guess what? Its not cannon. You don't get to say Dante can survive anything just because we have yet to see it happen. That would be the same as me saying Sunny can survive anything. Based on your argument that is true as well:rolleyes: Dante MAY have lost his head in the past but until we see it happen it isn't cannon.

As for your "fact", Dante himself says he is human with demonic blood. He is half human, not a full demon with a human heart. You are making crap up now.

Stick to what is actually cannon to DMC.

Sparda™

Black Angel;181982 said:
If we have not seen it in the series then guess what? Its not cannon. You don't get to say Dante can survive anything just because we have yet to see it happen.

Logically, yes, I can't say this.

But speaking of facts, I can say he's basically immortal, until proven.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;181986 said:
Logically, yes, I can't say this.

But speaking of facts, I can say he's basically immortal, until proven.

That works. As far as we know his natural lifespan is far beyond most humans.

He could live forever if nothing kills him.

Somehow I think he would go down fighting impossible odds against some insanely huge demon army somewhere. Falling down dead after killing 90% of all the demons of hell.

Sparda™

Black Angel;181987 said:
That works. As far as we know his natural lifespan is far beyond most humans.

He could live forever if nothing kills him.

Somehow I think he would go down fighting impossible odds against some insanely huge demon army somewhere. Falling down dead after killing 90% of all the demons of hell.

Was thinking that now, and probably yes. Now that, plus take in account his level of epicness in DMC2, power-wise.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;181989 said:
Was thinking that now, and probably yes. Now that, plus take in account his level of epicness in DMC2, power-wise.

I alwase thought the enemies where just all really lame.

But no seriously Majin DT was epic, super powerful and could save him from near death. It could save him when his health was at critical but if he actually did die you just get game over.

Sparda™

Black Angel;181990 said:
I alwase thought the enemies where just all really lame.

But no seriously Majin DT was epic, super powerful and could save him from near death. It could save him when his health was at critical but if he actually did die you just get game over.

Now adding a storyline-wise to the Majin, we can say It was Dante's ultimate weapon.

One hell of a weapon for sure!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;181991 said:
Now adding a storyline-wise to the Majin, we can say It was Dante's ultimate weapon.

One hell of a weapon for sure!

With the sword of Sparda in the hands of Majin DT he would overpower Mundas again in seconds.:lol:

Sparda™

Black Angel;181993 said:
With the sword of Sparda in the hands of Majin DT he would overpower Mundas again in seconds.:lol:

I think I ejaculated... :lol:

Majin + Sparda = 'WTF? You can't be serious! -:O'

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Sparda™;181996 said:
I think I ejaculated... :lol:

Majin + Sparda = 'WTF? You can't be serious! -:O'

LOL!

Anyway, back to topic, maybe dante dies if his head is torn apart and isn't returned to his body for a period, cause throughout the games we saw how fast was dante's regeneration as long as the wound was small. Maybe even cuting his head off, the wound might regenerate as long as his head is in the right place.

sheepydee

Nothing
well... i guess u could dismember him yeah.. idk like decapitate him and hide his head somewhere LOL

but who would ever wanna do that :(

:D teehee

Kool626

Demon Slayer
wat if a zombie bit dante and tryin 2 eat him dante prob say sumthing like this: why the hell did u do tha 4 O my sparda u took a chuck out of me Damnit.lol and how r u gonna cut his head off he not gonna like chop me already i have demons 2 send back 2 hell

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can NOT believe no one has said it.
What would kill Dante permanently? DANTE. Get him to kill himself. How do you do that?
Tell him he's immortal, and that he will be deprived of pizza and strawberry sundaes forever. I bet he'd shoot himself, lol.

On a more serious note: he'd probably go out in a similar fashion as Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom