• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what should the DmC cover art be?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Choco your boxart is very nice. The things that i dislike about it is:
- Calling it a reborn Dante thats false
- DmC Dante's pose. It looks so ...cliche.

But otherwise its the best one ive seen so far.
well thanks cooldemon, but i didn't put the phrase "Dante is reborn!" on the box art because dante has died and literally been reborn, its more of a figurative tense. since this is a reboot/parallel universe, he has been born to a different artstyle "reborn" basically.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Choco, your cover art is awesome! I love the simple style of it, taking the ink-stain style from the DmC logo and using it really gives a cool effect. And since Street Fighter 4, Capcom do like using those ink-stains. ;P
THANK YOU! :3, i thought the ink stain would fit nicely with the theme :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well thanks cooldemon, but i didn't put the phrase "Dante is reborn!" on the box art because dante has died and literally been reborn, its more of a figurative tense. since this is a reboot/parallel universe, he has been born to a different artstyle "reborn" basically.
No, i know you didn't put it there because Dante died and was reborn.
But i am thinking since DmC Dante is a Dante and not THE Dante (as in DMC Dante) - then he is not been reborn. DmC Dante and DMC Dante's characters clash.

DmC Dante seems to have white hair because of demon powers
DMC Dante was born with white hair
DmC Dante is half angel and demon
DMC Dante is half human and demon

etc

So they are two different characters. And since DMC Dante ain't being replaced with DmC, then it's also wrong to say "Dante has been reborn".

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
No, i know you didn't put it there because Dante died and was reborn.
But i am thinking since DmC Dante is a Dante and not THE Dante (as in DMC Dante) - then he is not been reborn. DmC Dante and DMC Dante's characters clash.

DmC Dante seems to have white hair because of demon powers
DMC Dante was born with white hair
DmC Dante is half angel and demon
DMC Dante is half human and demon

etc

So they are two different characters. And since DMC Dante ain't being replaced with DmC, then it's also wrong to say "Dante has been reborn".
well i didn't think anyone would take the phrase so literally lol

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well i didn't think anyone would take the phrase so literally lol
But i am saying even if he didn't die (by Capcom replacing Dante) it's still wrong to say reborn in a reboot context because DmC and DMC Dante are not the same. They just share names just like how many people have the name John.

And DmC's Dante has never been in a game before. He's making a debute.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
But i am saying even if he didn't die (by Capcom replacing Dante) it's still wrong to say reborn in a reboot context because DmC and DMC Dante are not the same. They just share names just like how many people have the name John.

And DmC's Dante has never been in a game before. He's making a debute.
yes, but since he is just a different version of the same character, and it is ninja theory's birth of the character, i consider it a rebirth, and that's my opinion of it and nothing will change that.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yes, but since he is just a different version of the same character, and it is ninja theory's birth of the character, i consider it a rebirth, and that's my opinion of it and nothing will change that.
That would be appropriate to call it if Capcom was to replace DMC serie with DmC. But that not the case, and Capcom has no plans to release or not release a DMC 5 (a sequel to DMC serie).
DmC Dante has not been been in a other game, he's just a version of DMC Dante, a version, not the same.
So saying "Dante has been reborn" is same as saying DMC Dante is DmC Dante.

But if you don't want to continue discussing that i can stop.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
That would be appropriate to call it if Capcom was to replace DMC serie with DmC. But that not the case, and Capcom has no plans to release or not release a DMC 5 (a sequel to DMC serie).
DmC Dante has not been been in a other game, he's just a version of DMC Dante, a version, not the same.

yes please do, because like i said its my opinion and to me its a rebirth to me, but anyway glad you liked it

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Oh God. The...ahhh I can't say it because it'd be swearing and I don't know if that's allowed :eek: But still...if the special edition one were true, I'd buy it just as an artpiece xD Red and Black!
And choco (if you don't mind me saying that), I like the monotone :D very nice! I'd say the Second and yours should both be official ;)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Oh God. The...ahhh I can't say it because it'd be swearing and I don't know if that's allowed :eek: But still...if the special edition one were true, I'd buy it just as an artpiece xD Red and Black!
And choco (if you don't mind me saying that), I like the monotone :D very nice! I'd say the Second and yours should both be official ;)
thanks buddy! and go ahead and call me choco everybody else does lol

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!

I'm starting to think you're trying to convince yourself and not us

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I'm starting to think you're trying to convince yourself and not us
Discussing with Choco i have come to realize that it's waste of time to discuss things with certain DmC supporters. They reject my points, and when someone does that they are bound to start arguing.
And i rather not argue. I am fed up with that.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Discussing with Choco i have come to realize that it's waste of time to discuss things with DmC supporters. They reject my points, and when someone does that they are bound to start arguing.

And i rather not argue. I am fed up with that.
oh man i wasn't trying to argue with you if i was dude, i was just saying in my opinion dante is considered reborn and nobody was gonna change my opinion on that.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
oh man i wasn't trying to argue with you if i was dude, i was just saying in my opinion dante is considered reborn and nobody was gonna change my opinion on that.
Ok, that's your opinion - but in reality is he really reborn if he's not a reboot that's taking over the role as Dante nor a incarnation of the character Dante (storywise).
And he has never been in a game before (same thing as being born).

Or do you have a other meaning for "reborn"?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ok, that's your opinion - but in reality is he really reborn if he's not a reboot that's taking over the role as Dante nor a incarnation of the character Dante (storywise).
And he has never been in a game before (same thing as being born).

Or do you have a other meaning for "reborn"?
but DmC is still considered a reboot isn't it?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
but DmC is still considered a reboot isn't it?
It's a paradoks. That's the issue. For DmC Dante to be reborn it must mean he is carrying on the legacy of DMC Dante. Or in a story context he may have died and was reborn through incarnation.

But Capcom has no clear plan to replace DMC and it's Dante with DmC and it's Dante.

It's called a reboot, but that's more likely just a cover for making a different game.
And if they go back to making DMC games after DmC - then what was the point of the reboot DmC?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's a paradoks. That's the issue. For DmC Dante to be reborn it must mean he is carrying on the legacy of DMC Dante. Or in a story context he may have died and was reborn through incarnation.

But Capcom has no clear plan to replace DMC and it's Dante with DmC and it's Dante.

It's called a reboot, but that's just a cover for making a different game.
okay well i knew it was in a parallel universe, but i was assuming its still a reboot as well, and i hope DmC dante never replaces DMC dante because i like both! lol so i see your point on what you were saying earlier, but do you see my point on why i said he is reborn, since it is a different version of him, and if the reboot thing still applies?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
okay well i knew it was in a parallel universe, but i was assuming its still a reboot as well, and i hope DmC dante never replaces DMC dante because i like both! lol so i see your point on what you were saying earlier, but do you see my point on why i said he is reborn, since it is a different version of him, and if the reboot thing still applies?
I never like reboots. But i have to accept them because game developers keep leaning on them. But when a game is rebooted, the reboot is supposed to carry on the legacy of the original games but at same time be different.

But i believe the word "reborn" is only applyable if DmC is to replace DMC and Capcom won't make any original DMC games no more. Because then Dante from DMC has been "reborn" in a way. And that i can understand. But that's ONLY if DMC games won't be made any more.

If Capcom makes a DMC game after DmC then the word "reborn" will then not be applyable to DmC Dante. However, you could say "A new Dante has been born!".

Example if DmC replaces DMC:
"Dante has been reborn" - as in he was born in DMC but reborn in DmC.

The meaning of the word "reborn" for me in a game context is:
Story wise: incarnation.
Reboot: Born into a new game but carries on the legacy of original games.

Top Bottom