• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what should the DmC cover art be?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I never like reboots. But i have to accept them because game developers keep leaning on them. But when a game is rebooted, the reboot is supposed to carry on the legacy of the original games but at same time be different.

But i believe the word "reborn" is only applyable if DmC is to replace DMC and Capcom won't make any original DMC games no more. Because then Dante from DMC has been "reborn" in a way. And that i can understand. But that's ONLY if DMC games won't be made any more.

If Capcom makes a DMC game after DmC then the word "reborn" will then not be applyable to DmC Dante. However, you could say "A new Dante has been born!".

Example if DmC replaces DMC:
"Dante has been reborn" - as in he was born in DMC but reborn in DmC.

The meaning of the word "reborn" for me in a game context is:
Story wise: incarnation.
Reboot: Born into a new game but carries on the legacy of original games.
gotcha!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^iPAD was an innovation, not Blackberry Playbook or Samsung Galaxy Tab. Innovation means bringing something fresh and ORIGINAL. A reboot lacks originality. Hence, DmC is not innovative.

And...I didn't come here to say just that. :DI like your work. You know what's next to perfect- YOUR COVER ART:)
Amazing job there.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
^iPAD is an innovation, not Blackberry Playbook or Samsung Galaxy Tab. Innovation means bringing something afresh and ORIGINAL. A reboot lacks originality. Hence, DmC is not innovative.

I didn't come here to say just that. :DI like your work. You know what's next to perfect- YOUR COVER ART:)
Amazing job there.
okay well i can see how you and cooldemon see its not innovative, but it still COULD be innovative, if there are alot of new things that we haven't seen before that work in DmC, and thank you! :D im glad you like my work! :3

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^To be very honest, I seriously don't understand how you find DmC 'Innovative' but I'm gonna pass on that. I guess I'm off-topic now.. Oh wait... You're welcome choco.. And now I got on-topic :p

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
^To be very honest, I seriously don't understand how you find DmC 'Innovative' but I'm gonna pass on that. I guess I'm off-topic now.. Oh wait... You're welcome choco.. And now I got on-topic :p
The definition of innovation is introducing something new. But it's also important that the thing you introduce is usable.

0:51

For example the roll in DmC is something i find innovative because if you can roll faster to enemies than walk/run to them then it will help combo chains.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i mean i don't know if it will be im just saying it has the chance to be if it brings alot of fresh things to the table, but yes off topic! thank you! if you have any ideas or pics of what you would like the cover art to be post 'em here! :)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Really? Really? Do you have to take EVERYTHING so literally? Ok, let's make a picture of DmC Dante putting DMC Dante in an iron maiden, putting said iron maiden in a machine akin to a woodchipper and then DmC Dante ****ing on the small itty bitty pieces of DMC Dante. Then Dante can finally be "reborn" by YOUR definition and everyone can be happy.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
GGC, give it a rest will you? I get it - you don't see eye to eye with CoolDemon. But just leave it at that, ok? You singled him out in the thread, he responded without getting irate and personal but he's the bad guy yet again?

I am SO tired of this...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Really? Really? Do you have to take EVERYTHING so literally? Ok, let's make a picture of DmC Dante putting DMC Dante in an iron maiden, putting said iron maiden in a machine akin to a woodchipper and then DmC Dante ******* on the small itty bitty pieces of DMC Dante. Then Dante can finally be "reborn" by YOUR definition and everyone can be happy.
Honestly when i think of it - i hope in DmC cover it clearly says "REBORN REBORN - Dante has been born again!". So that real Dante can rest in peace. Then Capcom will kinda be in a situation where if they go back on their words - they will just get more negative publicity. And that's good because the reason why DMC storyline went to hell is because among Capcom there are greedy dumb people who want money.

That's how much i care about Dante's character. He's better off in peace than being used as a marketing tool for Capcom.

boo

Bacon slut
Choco, since he's in DT in your cover can you try the white haired red coat look. I think it will help it stand out more.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
finally finished! :)
dmcfinalboxart1.jpg
Wow, that's yours!? I just saw it on Deviant Art from one of the DMC groups I watch. Awesome!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wow, that's yours!? I just saw it on Deviant Art from one of the DMC groups I watch. Awesome!
yes that is mine, and i am the guy that put it on deviantart, kamikazee79 right here! :3 lol but im glad you like it, i might make some more in the future.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
yes that is mine, and i am the guy that put it on deviantart, kamikazee79 right here! :3 lol but im glad you like it, i might make some more in the future.
Oh! I'm watching you! Ah, I just assumed you had the same name here so I didn't realize :3

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Oh! I'm watching you! Ah, I just assumed you had the same name here so I didn't realize :3
haha well thanks for watching me, and yeah i should've kept the same username because people tend to get confused, but if there is a 79 after any name that's probably me :)

Top Bottom