• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Eva was a badass like Sparda was?!

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Then these cards lead them to a hot date and then becomes this:
1357948321660_zps574463e9.gif

gvhb_zps26d61af0.png

Yeah....that would be creepy:blink:
Silly Loopy Mundus only bangs plastic faced demons :troll:

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think it's getting a bit MundusxDante in here:
tumblr_mddqh5f7Tm1rwthjv.jpg

Mundus: You dance just like your mother...before I ripped out her heart and ate it! :devil:

Meanwhile Vergil still over in his corner all:
tumblr_inline_mkxx9drwoy1qz4rgp.gif

Wait, wasn't this thread about Eva and how cool it would be if she could kick ass? o_o

Edit: That's right, could KICK ASS, not ass kicked or anything kicking of the sort to Eva. She, as in Eva, kicked ass and was not kicked herself.

...yep, totally got away with it >.> <.<

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Oh, I'd love Eva to be a badass. She surely is shown to be a strong willed woman: her sacrifice to give Sparda time to save the children, and also the part in which she says to Dante that she and Sparda followed their hearts knowing that they were going to face a terrible end.
Maybe she is not the best angel warrior born, but surely she is not a princess in the tower waiting to be saved either. Well, unless we take what we see in VD for the real Eva.

Im still a firm believer that she IS a complete bad ass. The Eva we saw in Vergils Downfall wasn't actually Eva, the same way it was't actually Dante or Kat. They were images projected in Vergils' mind that had formed from his perception of the. He had always seen Eva as the caring mother and more importantly as the victim a victim of Mundus and the entire demonic regiem. Unable to defend herself from anything and requiring saving.
This explanation of why Eva seems weak in VD is really interesting, especially the fact that Vergil sees her as someone who needs protection (it also reminds me pf DMC).
But I still have doubts on the "caring mother" part. After all, Hollow Vergil expresses a completely different thing: "He (Dante) has always been her favorite", which leads me to think that Vergil suffered because he felt less loved than his brother. If so, then, why the imgae he built of Eva would say something like "I always loved you equally"? This is the exact opposite of what Vergil fears.
Eva is, in fact, the only character that tries to counter Vergil's fears, the only character that explicitly tries to help him. And she also seems surprised to find Vergil in... uhm, whatever place VD takes place in.
Kat and Dante, on the contrary, oppose Vergil in every way possible (Kat distracts him in Mission 1, so that Dante can stab him from behind).
That's why I am more doubtful about her being a projection of Vergil's mind too.
However, those are just my personal speculations and impressions, I could be wrong. :)

In general, though, even if the Eva in VD is the real deal, it may be also completely understandable that she was running away and not fighting. Maybe she IS strong, but not strong enough to face an Imprisoner alone without her weapon (Osiris, probably).
Once again, speculation.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
But I still have doubts on the "caring mother" part. After all, Hollow Vergil expresses a completely different thing: "He (Dante) has always been her favorite", which leads me to think that Vergil suffered because he felt less loved than his brother. If so, then, why the imgae he built of Eva would say something like "I always loved you equally"? This is the exact opposite of what Vergil fears.
Eva is, in fact, the only character that tries to counter Vergil's fears, the only character that explicitly tries to help him. And she also seems surprised to find Vergil in... uhm, whatever place VD takes place in.
Kat and Dante, on the contrary, oppose Vergil in every way possible (Kat distracts him in Mission 1, so that Dante can stab him from behind)..

Nah, I think hollow Vergil was just trying to turn Vergil against everyone who ever cared for him. The reason Eva tried to get him to stop was because in his mind he still saw her as the staple of morality. He knew she loved him, he just couldn't accept it because hollow Vergil played his loss to be rooted to him caring. So she tries to save him and he turns his back on her.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Like Sparda had been, what if Eva had been an angel badass? I'm pretty sure that she would have know how to fight, since the demon and the angel had been in an incredibly long war. And Osiris did come from Eva's painting, which I'm sure belonged to her. I doubt Sparda would ever use an Angelic weapon. I'm sure her and Sparda had an epic battle against the demon that stormed their estate, or at least until Mundus had arived.

But what do you guys think? It would have been cool if she stalled Mundus so Sparda could have escaped with the kids.

Yeah I felt that Osiris did belong to Eva, and she did fight a few demons until Mundus showed and was overpowered.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Like Sparda had been, what if Eva had been an angel badass? I'm pretty sure that she would have know how to fight, since the demon and the angel had been in an incredibly long war. And Osiris did come from Eva's painting, which I'm sure belonged to her. I doubt Sparda would ever use an Angelic weapon. I'm sure her and Sparda had an epic battle against the demon that stormed their estate, or at least until Mundus had arived.

But what do you guys think? It would have been cool if she stalled Mundus so Sparda could have escaped with the kids.

This is creating some awesome images in my head. Then again, Aquila could also be counted as an off-shoot from Osiris, right? Both being angelic weapons, man... they're a good combination, considering Osiris was a little mechanical, however Aquila was a pretty dynamic weapon. Badass angel Eva, me gusta. :D

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Nah, I think hollow Vergil was just trying to turn Vergil against everyone who ever cared for him. The reason Eva tried to get him to stop was because in his mind he still saw her as the staple of morality. He knew she loved him, he just couldn't accept it because hollow Vergil played his loss to be rooted to him caring. So she tries to save him and he turns his back on her.

That is another good explanation. :)

I just wish it was made a little clearer in VD, or in some other official source.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Or hollow Vergil was vergil's thought like the eva part maybe Vergil always thought that Eva loved Dante more than him and that's why hollow Dante said that
It does seem like hollow Dante was a created as an exaggeration of Vergil's insecurities over Eva loving Dante more, which is why Dante taunted Vergil about it.
The hollow versions of Kat and Dante were made to force Vergil to confront issues that he had about himself so that he could become what he saw as stronger.
But it seems to me that these hollow creations were a plan by the doppelganger Vergil to make Vergil lose the last part of his sanity so that he would be easier to control.

Top Bottom