• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What have you got/did you get?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angelo Credo;149648 said:
Gears 2 any good there Andy?

Yeah its a great game, better than the first id say. Everything just seems to be on a much larger scale and have improvements in nearly every area. Really enjoyed playing it so far and the GFX are incredible. Had an annoying glitch with Dom (as usual) though at the moment. The AI seemed much improved and had no problems with them until the part im at now. Anyone who played Gears 1 knows how annoying Dom was in that and what im referring to. :lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Even though many have complained it is easier than the first one I have to say I prefer it massively - at least I could complete it :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;149651 said:
Even though many have complained it is easier than the first one I have to say I prefer it massively - at least I could complete it :lol:

The first was challenging in parts but mainly for the reason that the levels were frustratingly restricting. Like the Kryll levels for example, although they were an excellent idea it was incredibly frustrating with an AI character when they continued to run into the darkness and get killed. Or the Junker part which was a royal pain in the ass and Steve and I cursed a lot at that part. Seem to be much less annoyances like this in Gears 2 so far.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I always got freaked when it was time to split up - because then I knew I was screwed with just the AI to help me and it was usually Baird and he was usually crap :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;149649 said:
Yeah its a great game, better than the first id say. Everything just seems to be on a much larger scale and have improvements in nearly every area. Really enjoyed playing it so far and the GFX are incredible. Had an annoying glitch with Dom (as usual) though at the moment. The AI seemed much improved and had no problems with them until the part im at now. Anyone who played Gears 1 knows how annoying Dom was in that and what im referring to. :lol:

Are we ignoring the fact that Dom was quite obviously retarded and quite frequently ran towards enemy bullets like he had some sort of pain fetish?

The guy never seemed to accept orders either, he just ran straight towards the enemy, and 5 seconds later you'd hear him scream and then demand help...

Meh, I liked the first Gears, whilst difficult and sometimes frustrating, it was immersive, and if Gears 2 is that on a bigger scale, I may well consider getting it if I end up going out tomorrow, that, along with Left 4 Dead.

Heh, ta for that, something tells me we've gone massively off topic too. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angelo Credo;149657 said:
Are we ignoring the fact that Dom was quite obviously retarded and quite frequently ran towards enemy bullets like he had some sort of pain fetish?

The guy never seemed to accept orders either, he just ran straight towards the enemy, and 5 seconds later you'd hear him scream and then demand help...

Meh, I liked the first Gears, whilst difficult and sometimes frustrating, it was immersive, and if Gears 2 is that on a bigger scale, I may well consider getting it if I end up going out tomorrow, that, along with Left 4 Dead.

Heh, ta for that, something tells me we've gone massively off topic too. :lol:

Yeah thats exactly the point i was making about Dom. Ive seen planks of wood that were more useful than him in the first Gears. At least the wood could provide some sort of cover, whereas Dom just stole yours then tried to stop bullets with his head frequently.

Gears 2 scale has been upped immensely, everything is just bigger,louder, and more bad ass. Like Gears 1 on steroids and ive got a body count of nearly 1000 enemies and havent finished game yet which shows the numbers have been upped also.

As we still have yet to play online we shall have to play some Left For Dead and Gears 2 when you get them.

Not really off topic as i did get the game for Christmas and were talking about that. :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;149660 said:
Yeah thats exactly the point i was making about Dom. Ive seen planks of wood that were more useful than him in the first Gears. At least the wood could provide some sort of cover, whereas Dom just stole yours then tried to stop bullets with his head frequently.

Gears 2 scale has been upped immensely, everything is just bigger,louder, and more bad ass. Like Gears 1 on steroids and ive got a body count of nearly 1000 enemies and havent finished game yet which shows the numbers have been upped also.

As we still have yet to play online we shall have to play some Left For Dead and Gears 2 when you get them.

Not really off topic as i did get the game for Christmas and were talking about that. :lol:

Sounds superb, I'll be getting that then, I'm just worried about the fact that even Cliffy B said that if they released a demo for Gears 2, no one would have bought the game, which makes me wonder, how much have they really changed?

Still, I've got the money to waste due to my quite profitable Christmas, so yeah, more Christmas presents from me to me, and yes, we shall have to play online, we never did get round to it before, did we? :lol:

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Mostly House hold products. Deoderant, shampoos, a Vacuum! :D And a fleece sweater, not to mention more small knick-knacky-presents

Top Bottom