• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011)

Dil Chahta Hai (2001)

Sacred Games(2018) season 1 on Netflix

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Kings Raid: Successors of the Will. It's... fine. It's mostly an advertisement for their mobile game, so they don't really bust out all their best tricks for this. I'll probably finish it, but it's about as lukewarm as a show can get without dripping into 'explicitly bad' territory.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Went with something out of my general wheelhouse, a visual novel anime adaptation from 2001 called Memories Off. Hoooolllyyy crap is this bad. This is legendarily bad, every square inch of all 3 episodes is a corner-cut mess that continually tanks with every scene. I can imagine the visual novel authors recording their burned copy from E&G and flipping tables. It's also prime picking for a Ghost Stories style dubbing over how terrible it is. I'm watching the sequel because I neeeed to see if it gets worse.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Mum and I spent the last week on our annual Halloween movie marathon, so I'm catching up on some live streams I missed.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Memories Off 2nd. We went from "Under the bottom of the barrel, devolving clown show, televised deaths blooper-reel levels of insanity projected onto film that should've immolated at the first attempt of rendering picture onto its magnetized surface" with the first 3 OVA's, to "suprisingly decent love triangle romance show with a focus on remembering the important things in a relationship before realizing it after its gone." My headcanon of the events inbetween is that the studio that created the first 3 OVA's had their office burned down with everyone inside after they mailed those tapes to the rights owners.

Gonna watch Memories Off 3.5, I was entertained enough both viewings for different reasons

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Memories Off 3.5 and Memories Off #5 (there is no 3 or 4.) 3.5 was generally confusing, bordering on pointless as they kept introducing side characters that did very little or nothing at all. I'm sure they were important in the visual novels or whatever, but here they didn't add anything. I ended up mixing up some of them since they re-introduced other characters and reused plot points, so I really don't see why they felt like they needed to make this. Memories Off #5 is actually an unfinished film since the original game company went out of buisness halfway through production, so it was also very confusing because of everything they cut out from the story, but oddly had the most potential to be a good story if they had the time and money to make it a full feature film.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Doctors vs Internet. It's a game show where a team of doctors compete in diagnosing a patient against a team of regular people who can use Google.

And yes I have flu

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Black Adam - This movie is awesome. I really don't have much else to say. Everyone knocked it out of the park. Why did critics hate on this again? Oh, because it's a DCU movie and that's the most popular thing to do. I already know about the dissonance and most audiences like it anyway. I said it before and I'll say it again: say whatever you will about the DCU, but they know how to do action and actually have distinct colors for their movies. I love the use of gold and yellow in this movie without it being overbearing. It beats the usual Marvel production where the colors are safe and not that distinct from each other and generic. They're not afraid to get dirty, violent, and or graphic without going overboard. The movie is PG-13, but it borders on a hard R rating. People do get ****ed up.

As far as ranking goes, I put this high up there with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and the second Suicide Squad movie. S-rank. Can't wait for the next Shazam now.

It's great to have Henry Cavill back as Superman!

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I'm in an odd mood so I decided to rewatch it. It's a fun neo-noir flick and it's a shame it didn't get a sequel.

Gosling is good in a comedic role.

Dr. Cheesesteak

CHAINSAW MAN.

I was reluctant going into it that it'd be another typical shonen anime. I did know it leaned more towards seinen, given its gore, but it was centered around a teenager and fans called it shonen, so I knew it'd have heavy shonen elements. But I'm loving it. It's not too shonen at all, besides the main character having like 1 or 2 characteristics of the typical shonen MC (cluelessness, youthful excitement for some things, etc).

I'm basically all caught up on Rick & Morty, maybe a couple eps behind now. Will continue to mix that in, but more slowly. Attack on Titan is slowly getting mixed in, too. Gonna try to finally start watching Cyberpunk Edgerunners hopefully next weekend. My LDR ladyfriend and I are hoping to watch an episode per week together.

Top Bottom