• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Words to think about.

In case you are curious about why they would wanna indict former US president DJT.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

relistening to this to help keep me creative while i job hunt.

That video ended and I might as well catch up with the news.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Convenient life hack videos from Youtube, such as this

I wonder how can I execute this maneuver in chess.com

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As the only person I knew growing up who knew how to play Liar's Dice, it is extremely validating to see someone break down why this scene is so good and deserves more respect than it got.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finished the Dirty Pair OVA last night. That was fun, and man did I miss out these gals. I knew about them, but never really saw anything outside of official artwork. This is just a fun episodic series, with the right amount of action, comedy, and heart. Despite the fan-service, these lovely ladies are still characters. Kei and Yuri are the reason characters like Panty and Stocking exist. Exactly like how there would be no Sailor Moon without Cutey Honey. My favorite episodes are (I can't remember the titles right now) the one with the mafia wedding that Yuri goes undercover, the one with little girl cryogenically frozen for 20 years, the one with the elite soldiers, and the final episode with the space truckers. What I like about these episodes it shows the ladies more vulnerable and kind hearted moments. This series has humanity to it. It's that simple. They definitely don't make them like they used too. I'd say Kei is my favorite part of the dynamic duo, but Yuri is awesome as well.

I saw both movies too: Project Eden and Flight 005 Conspiracy. Eden is basically an awesome animated anime 80s music video. The animation is even better (had a theatrical release in wide-screen), and the action is at its best. The plot is an evil scientist is making aliens from some ancient space rocks and Kei, Yuri, and Carson B. Carson (A thief there for ulterior reasons) are trying to stop them. The last 30 minutes of the film turns in to Contra. Watch it. It also makes a good James Bond anime; especially with the intro, ending, and songs placed throughout the film.

Conspiracy is the last piece of Dirty Pair anime of the OVA and original continuity. Released in 1990, this film is darker and somber compared to most of the other works. It's about flight of space passengers that have died/missing in an "accident". 300 of them. The duo is sent to investigate. On the way as they get deeper in to the case, attacks and murder attempts try to prevent to investigate further. I don't wanna spoil the twist, as I think you should all see for yourselves. I noticed in this film, the animation got another bump, and the coloring has darker tones, as this was the beginning of 90s anime, and a trend that would sound follow for that decade. Which explains the darker tone as the film ends on a downer-bittersweet ending. The gore is even anted up more. The series would get even darker and edgier with the in-name only reboot, Flash. They take out a lot of the comedy in that one. For those asking, no, I will not be watching Flash. Sad, as that was the last piece of Dirty Pair media ever animated or put on cells.

I watched the films with the ADV dubs, but the DVDs I have, contain the Streamline dubs too. Does anyone know how good the Streamline dubs are? I heard they good or decent, and Wendee Lee voices Yuri. The ADV dub is good, and the performance is even better in the films than the OVAs. Streamline did not dub the OVAs though; only the three films.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I just saw WW84.........I FCUKING LOVE IT! What were people and critics complaining about again? It may not be as ground breaking as the first WW, but still good. There are some pacing issues, and the film did not need to be 150 minutes, but it's high up there with Aqua Man and Man of Steel. The sequel definitely has better and more fleshed out villains. DC/WB nails with humanizing the villains. You get why they're doing the bad things they are doing, but you're not supposed to agree with them. This a comic book film while lighter than the first film. is not bad thing. This a comic book film that embraces the sillier or more fantastical elements of DC. The movie does get serious, but not in a try hard fashion. I admit the ending choked me up, and me tear up.

This film has done wonders on HBO Max and I already know the home video sales are killing it now. Gal Gadot, you've done way more than earn it. You are legendary. Get some rest; you deserve it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover ever.
Kari Byron: "Hold my beer."

:love:

Top Bottom