• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
My Hero Academia

I noticed Crunchyroll recently added season 1 in preparation for season 2, so I decided to watch it. I'm loving it, already 7 episodes in. The first couple episodes were so emotional at times, definitely not what I was expecting from an anime about a highschool for superheroes! :laugh:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Some gosh awful Nicholas Cage film.

But earlier I saw The Boss Baby at the cinema and it was brilliant.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
It took 4 years but finally AoT season 2 is out so I started watching that. Also I started Boku no Hero season 2 since that also premiered today.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thought I'd spend some of my free time watching some movies I've been wanting to see. Firstly, Rogue One. Secondly, John Wick.

Both amazing movies. Rogue One exceeded my expectations. John Wick was about as good as I had anticipated it to be.

Rogue One gets 9/10. John Wick a very respectable 8/10.

Skagewid

Thought I'd spend some of my free time watching some movies I've been wanting to see. Firstly, Rogue One. Secondly, John Wick.

Both amazing movies. Rogue One exceeded my expectations. John Wick was about as good as I had anticipated it to be.

Rogue One gets 9/10. John Wick a very respectable 8/10.

In my opinion, Rogue One>>>>Force Awakens.
And John Wick is perfect, and the second chapter>first chapter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin the second season of Gotham on Netflix.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In my opinion, Rogue One>>>>Force Awakens.
And John Wick is perfect, and the second chapter>first chapter.

I thought I might like it just as much as Force Awakens, but that was not the case. I liked it a lot more.

John Wick didn't disappoint. I've heard the second one is just as good, if not slightly better than the first. I really look forward to watching it.

Skagewid

I thought I might like it just as much as Force Awakens, but that was not the case. I liked it a lot more.

John Wick didn't disappoint. I've heard the second one is just as good, if not slightly better than the first. I really look forward to watching it.

Force Awakens is beautiful, but only first half of the movie (@Foxtrot94 can confirm).
I said that John Wick 2>John Wick 1 for patriotism against Riccardo Scamarcio and the addition of fine weapons.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The second one builds a lot more on the world. A good idea.

I kind of liked the ambiguity of the first movie. I just heard the second was just as good if not better for action.

@Skagewid: The Force Awakens was okay, but it wasn't as good as what it could've been. Surprisingly, Rogue One felt more in tune with the original Star Wars films.

Skagewid

The Force Awakens was okay, but it wasn't as good as what it could've been. Surprisingly, Rogue One felt more in tune with the original Star Wars films.

The problem of FA is REY. In first half ok, classic story of an ordinary hero, but there an exact point when movie goes **** itself: Rey, tied at the table (of the torture? I forgot), convinces a stoormtrooper to free her using force, having used type 10-15 seconds throughout her life; then she beat kylo ren (trained to use the force and lightsaber for a lot of years) with 10-15 minutes experience of the force.
Rogue One is perfect: special and visual effects god made, high levels of acting and I liked K-2SO.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Skagewid: I actually found that the problem with Force Awakens is the plot itself. It's extremely boring, and with Rogue One that really isn't the case. I felt like they had something to fight for, and they really needed to succeed. Y'know, to get ahold of the plans and successfully transmit them. But with Force Awakens, I just wasn't captivated in the same way. And I'll agree to some extent that the whole 'Rey now knows how to do this' thing was ridiculous, but I still liked her as a character. At least, she did have the potential to be a good character. I just think that the writing let her down a bit.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So I watched John Wick 2. I wouldn't say I liked it more than the first one, but I'm glad that it felt the same.

I'm hoping that we find out more about the High Table in Chapter 3.

Also
I think Winston will end up helping John and possibly getting him "out of the ****" after he became excommunicado. Bear in mind that he gave him time to 'run', whereas with Perkins she was called upon by Winston and executed. Also, if he gave him a Marker then it means John can call upon him for assistance just like Santiano did with John. This would in effect be a loophole of getting out of breaking the 'no blood spilled on Continental grounds' rule, as a Marker/Blood oath has to be fulfilled. And if John's 'favour' was to have Winston help him in order to save his (John's) life then it would in turn cancel out John breaking the rule in the first place

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I just watched John Wick again with my nephew. I fućking love that movie.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I started watching 13 Reasons Why. Not so much because it's trending on Netflix, as because I've been hearing extreme opposites from people, and wanted to formulate my own opinions.

I've only watched two episodes so far, so I reserve judgment until I've finished it--though thus far, it kinda has me hooked, and I'm kind of annoyed with the "narrator"... :unsure:

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Resident Evil live action movies, just finished 4 and Chris' actor is so cute, but it's late now so I'll leave the other two for tomorrow.

Top Bottom