• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I was taking out the trash as usual and on my way back to the house, I see out of the corner of my eye a flash of blue light. As I stand there dumbfounded, I wonder if its aliens as I am bathed in the glow of this blue aura.

...Then reason suddenly returns to me and I realised it was the neighbour's newly installed Christmas lights, shining through their parlour window and down onto me since we both live on the side of a hill and so their house is much higher up than ours.

As I re-entered the house, I couldn't help but feel very dumb and a little disappointed since I didn't end up being abducted by aliens like every movie about redneck farmers ever.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nothing makes me cringe more than reading fanfiction I wrote years ago... ._. Yet, I can't help it; I was very much in love with the respective franchises I wrote about, very much in love with the characters and story concepts I put together. I guess it's because it marks a time when I wrote purely for enjoyment, and didn't worry about whether it was really any good or not.

+I missed it by nearly a week, but happy DMC-versary to me? Ten years... Geez. I may not come around much anymore, but I keep coming back! That counts for something, right? ^^;

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've been listening to the War Doctor boxsets with Sir John Hurt. They are good but aren't that different from the Eight Doctor Time War stories.

Squall from FF8 reminds me of Sam from Death Stranding.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Anyone want to kidnap me before Friday?

Because some friends just announced me they're taking me ice swimming on Friday to combat stress and anxiety and I just checked the info page of a local lake and the water temperature is -1.1°C.

Like HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE

I'm gonna die
Or at least I'm gonna wish for death halfway down the ladder

Gasoline Tank

Does this guy not have anything better to do apart from stalking a person online he will never meet? This includes impersonating me, tagging wiki pages, subscribing to me on YouTube, and just being an idiot in general.

Fortunately, I don't intend to post on forums any more after 2023 anyway. They just never have much activity, or anything to attract joining them.

Whenever I change my user ID on any forum I use, to just some generic thing, he lists it in this profile. Obsessed, much?

He's this Australian nutball I have known since 2004. Even after I discovered who he was years ago, he just repeated the same things about "not being from Australia" and so on. And all of that spam on there is his doing, since he came there in 2021.

How come the police in Australia don't take complaints seriously?

Koko

I have to wonder if Nero's mother got slaughtered which lead to Virgil's desire for power. It would explain his quote in 3 about strength protecting. Only a great sense of loss gets someone that motivated about it.

Like Dante said. "As much as I'd love to hear that story." there's no way that whoever Virgil was with was just a hooker. He tests you too much for that. It's most definitely someone he truely cared about. Perhaps they even had an argument and Virgil couldn't face her anymore because he hurt her that much. Orrrr.... Out of control stuation where he killed her himself leading to being as good at being in control as he is now. Basically what Anaken did with Padme in star wars.

There's a number of ways it can play out. All we know for sure is Virgil met the woman in DMC4SE. "Some decades ago". One of the women glances at him and Virgil glances back. annnnnnnd that's all we know for sure.

So if they make a DMC6, and going by what Dante says about it at the end of 5, A Virgil backstory about what happened with her might be touched on. A flashback event with Virgil or something. Where we see whoever he was with in a dead or otherwise traumatized state. With enemies mocking him before wiping them out.
I don't think he killed her himself because she was still pregnant with a child and Virgil didn't know that he had a child. I think he was interested in him, but now he's not interested anymore. I think something negative happened between them and Virgil left. I think it was one-sided love, and I think it was on Virgil's side only.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
What to bake for tomorrow's game night with a friend

Also, thinking too much about work, in general and today. The judgment will not be given until January anyway.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I am bemused by the fact that the MET Office have officially declared this year a "White Christmas", because a single snowflake fell in the furthest Highlands of Scotland, whilst the rest of us have been boiling in the heat with record temperatures that haven't been seen since over forty years ago. o_O

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

This character got stuck in my mind. My writing coach said I write alot of byronic protagonists and I'm curious what the appeal is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom