• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Got stuff done today, Little Bean was especially cute and happy, and I got to spend my evening with friends. I'm super happy despite all the nasty stuff and worries. I mean, what's not to like in days like this? :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Regarding the Star Beast-

It's a fun romp. David Tennant and Catherine Tate did not miss a step. The Metacrisis resolution felt too underwhelming given how much it was built up. Having it being a recurring problem till the Giggle would've been better.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
If Satan had a sewing machine, it'd be 1998 Atelje 10.

What do you mean by asking if there's a correlation with the fact that my sewing machine is 1998 Atelje 10?

The blood stains on this dress-to-be are also completely unrelated...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm almost done with FF8's first disc. It grew on me but it has a slow beginning. I didn't know people hated Squall at first. My intro to Squall was KH.

In hindsight he's a more severe version of Cloud without a warm character like Tifa to bounce out of.

By the end of Disc 1, the core party is a mismatched group of misfits without much of a mediating force. They are Team 7 from Naruto without Kakashi.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I’ve been seeing it building up slowly and now it’s really ramping up in the last couple of days so I just have to say, “bah humbug” to people who put up their Christmas decorations in November.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Seeing so many military vehicles makes me anxious these days... sometimes even physically nauseous.

For context, we're having a border conflict here with Russia. Not like on the brink of war or anything but generally, tensions are rising and border crossings are now closed

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't like Selphie at first in FF8. Her antics are a bit too wacky and often they cone at the worst moments.

But she grew on me after the concert in Disc 2.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The second episode of the DW 60th aired and aside from it being bad, I was captivated by a review from a newspaper that was salivating about the fakeout opening involving Isaac Newton. It went to the effect of “Newton is not white and the Doctor is gay now, take that you right wing bigots” and that was the entire article, it didn’t even discuss the rest of the episode’s actual contents.

And I was just left thinking - “so the only reason you like this episode is because the BBC hates its audience, huh?” What a world we live in...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The second episode of the DW 60th aired and aside from it being bad, I was captivated by a review from a newspaper that was salivating about the fakeout opening involving Isaac Newton. It went to the effect of “Newton is not white and the Doctor is gay now, take that you right wing bigots” and that was the entire article, it didn’t even discuss the rest of the episode’s actual contents.

And I was just left thinking - “so the only reason you like this episode is because the BBC hates its audience, huh?” What a world we live in...
I liked the episode more than you did but that article makes me cringe.

It's the whole "missing the forest for the trees" thing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It would be cool if FF8 has the honor system from RDR2.

It gives you optional dialogue but that can ruin the story's flow. Allowing for player choice might help the options feel more impactful.

Squall starts out very closed off so it's harder to buy his eventual romance with Rinoa. So having more variety in options or options that can lead to an honor system would work better.

In rdr2 you don't change the ending but the subtext of how Arthur is remembered.

Maybe a potential remake could use that....?

All in all FF8 is a fun time and I get why people found it divisive back in the 90s.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I guess I'm not a great singer. Ze toddler loves to listen when I play guitar, but yesterday I tried to sing, so she just looked at me like this: ಠ_ಠ
And stated: "Mommy, stahp."

Ok :D

Top Bottom