• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

One of them needs to be Jak and Daxter ;).

Just animated..... but if a live action Jak and Daxter gets me more Jak and Daxter content......I'll be fine.....
I wanted a South Asian Doctor but I only saw him in Tenet so.....

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So am I the only one who randomly pictures Vergil's EX taunt in my head and smiles like a idiot? I am? Well... You guys are no fun at all.
I randomly picture all kinds of stuff in my head and smile like an idiot. People think I'm crazy.

This made me think about one of the first levels in DMC3, when there's a platform that goes up but you have to fight while it's going up... I have a video of me saying "I'm glad you cannot fall from this lol"... and I fell IMMEDIATELY after saying that.

Now I'm smiling like the village idiot because of the memory. :D

---

I realized that seeing nightmares about it and having self-invalidation with the words she used about my trauma is likely a sign of another trauma. Despite that I'm absolutely horrified to say it out loud, I should talk about it in the next therapy session.

I don't ask much. I just want to sleep and let it go. Going "no contact, no signs of giving a f*ck" doesn't help if memories haunt me instead of the abuser and drive me into panic attacks.

Last night, during my sleep, I bit my tongue so bad it's got a nasty wound. (Not a nice way to wake up btw.) Also, I'm having tachychardia issues. So... yeah. I should handle those memories properly, not just act like she didn't manage to cause another trauma.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I saw the 1st Wonder Woman. (Very late to the game, leave me be!) The 1st half was great. Diana is a sweetheart and I want to hug her. The 2nd half is where the film falls.
Seriously he was the bad guy?! Like, why? So Suicide Squad Extended Cut or Aquaman folks? Cast your vote and make me suffer!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
What calms me down during trauma flashbacks is reading the old messages people sent me that day.

I wonder if I should tell them those messages literally saved my life.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
WandaVision is quite possibly going to be a new favourite of mine. I know it's only been two episodes but I am very, very intrigued...

Is it on any streaming services? I loved Wanda's character. Is she played by the same actress from the MCU, btw?

CT: I'm far more tired than I should be, considering I haven't been pushing myself too hard the last couple of months.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Is it on any streaming services? I loved Wanda's character. Is she played by the same actress from the MCU, btw?

CT: I'm far more tired than I should be, considering I haven't been pushing myself too hard the last couple of months.
Its on Disney + and its the same actress from the movies.

The show is basically her solo outing.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

To add to @V's patron's answer, it has Paul Bettany too and I am loving the completely different style it has going on right now. Me and Steve spent both episodes just going, "what??" But in a good way. There are so many little touches that happen in the background too...it's completely unexpected so far.

If you can get access, watch it!!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Some of Jak's scrapped redesigns make him look Solid Snake.....

I christened him....Eco Snake.

jax-4-concept-art-5.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
This is where I fall down when it comes to maths: I have slight dyscalculia anyway, but I really struggle with basic mathematical concepts.

I can understand that 0x4=0 because you have zero to start with. You can't multiply nothing. But when the whole thing is flipped and the sum is 4x0, I can't process it. At all. Because, to me, you have 4 of something to start with, so you must still have that at the end. If I have 4 cakes and I multiply them by nothing, I still have 4 cakes - not zero. The cakes haven't vanished.

It honestly makes no sense to me at all.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm not sure myself, but I think zero takes numerical precedence over everything for some reason.

It's just taking something away (with all numbers) because it's been multiplied by nothing -- making it disappear, for a lack of a better word.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This is where I fall down when it comes to maths: I have slight dyscalculia anyway, but I really struggle with basic mathematical concepts.

I can understand that 0x4=0 because you have zero to start with. You can't multiply nothing. But when the whole thing is flipped and the sum is 4x0, I can't process it. At all. Because, to me, you have 4 of something to start with, so you must still have that at the end. If I have 4 cakes and I multiply them by nothing, I still have 4 cakes - not zero. The cakes haven't vanished.

It honestly makes no sense to me at all.
I had severe troubles with this when I was a child, even though I was pretty good at school. Math was the only subject where I ever needed after-school-assistance from the teacher.
What helped me is thinking it this way:

You have 4 cakes lying on a table (1 table). If you multiply them by 2 (4x2), you have a set of four cakes on two tables (2 tables). Therefore, you have 8 table-lying-cakes in total. (4x2=8, or 4cakes_ON_2tables_IS_8tablecakes)

You have 4 cakes lying on a table. You have one table (1 table). Therefore, you have got a set of four cakes on one table. You have 4 table-lying-cakes in total.(4x1=4, or 4cakes_ON_1table_IS_4tablecakes)

You have 4 cakes. You don't have a table (0 tables). Therefore, you don't have ANY table-lying-cakes. (4x0=0, OR 4cakes_ON_not-even-a-single-table_IS_0tablecakes).

Or:

4 cakes existing once -> 4x1=4
4 cakes existing zero times -> 4x0=0
-> The cakes never existed. You've got zero cakes.

(If this made you sad, go buy some candy. You have my permission.)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I had severe troubles with this when I was a child, even though I was pretty good at school. Math was the only subject where I ever needed after-school-assistance from the teacher.
What helped me is thinking it this way:

You have 4 cakes lying on a table (1 table). If you multiply them by 2 (4x2), you have a set of four cakes on two tables (2 tables). Therefore, you have 8 table-lying-cakes in total. (4x2=8, or 4cakes_ON_2tables_IS_8tablecakes)

You have 4 cakes lying on a table. You have one table (1 table). Therefore, you have got a set of four cakes on one table. You have 4 table-lying-cakes in total.(4x1=4, or 4cakes_ON_1table_IS_4tablecakes)

You have 4 cakes. You don't have a table (0 tables). Therefore, you don't have ANY table-lying-cakes. (4x0=0, OR 4cakes_ON_not-even-a-single-table_IS_0tablecakes).

Or:

4 cakes existing once -> 4x1=4
4 cakes existing zero times -> 4x0=0
-> The cakes never existed. You've got zero cakes.

(If this made you sad, go buy some candy. You have my permission.)
The existing wording actually really helps here - it makes the whole calculation make more sense to me. Maths is a very difficult subject for me and I had two tutors during my last 2 years of high school (over here they're our GCSE exam years and it is now a requirement to obtain maths and English in order to progress in education and, usually, employment).

I went from an F to a D, so I didn't pass but I am very proud I got that far at all. A lot of my lessons were spent being sat at the back of the classroom with a box of coloured cubes to play with (I was 15, playing with cubes like a toddler) because no one knew how to deal with my inability to comprehend anything.

I think being at a grammar school didn't help because the standard set was so high and I was bringing their results down due to being "stupid". Gotta say, I've never used even half of the maths since 1998 - Pythagoras can swivel.

Am currently baking an orange cake so I shall enjoy all the slices without worrying about zero making them disappear.

Except into my mouth.

Top Bottom