• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
What Morgan said. It basically divided the fandom in half as some of those who believed it escalated into things like bullying, suicide baiting, death threats and harassment (including to the cast and crew). There was also some odd thing about a secret episode that would confirm everything?? The more extreme parts are an interesting case study in cult-like behaviour in fandom, but a lot of people who had extremely negative interactions with that side of the fandom definitely don't want to talk about it. I'm just kinda peeking in, waiting to see what happens with their chat; strongly suspect nothing will just because friend who went through it got death threats and harassment for years, to the point where she's hesitant to even post about the fandom anymore, so student acquaintance is likely to be told off if they don't realise she doesn't want to go over it.
This is what I hate. You and I agree here. THIS **** is the leftist, communist bullshit you find on Twitter, bro.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Doing homeschool is hard. I'm at the stage whereby I'm just telling my 9 year old to "make something up" just so we have work to hand in at the end of the day. I have no idea about improper fractions because when I was 9, those things weren't on the syllabus at my school. I went to a school in a vastly underprivileged area where not many people spoke English as their first, or even second, language. I was one of about 6 non-Muslims in my entire year group and maths consisted of workbooks which just talked about how many 50p coins made up £2.50 - stuff like that.

I have never, in my entire life, used an improper fraction (as far as I know). But I got me a good idea of how many 50p coins make £2.50, that's for sure.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I've been battling with the Conclusions-part of this essay for a good while, staring at the blank page for an hour and instead of writing anything new, editing the parts that are already complete... and I think the real reason behind not getting it finished is that I'm a bit afraid of finishing it.

You know... can't get a bad grade if you never hand it off for the professor... :LOL:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Doing homeschool is hard. I'm at the stage whereby I'm just telling my 9 year old to "make something up" just so we have work to hand in at the end of the day. I have no idea about improper fractions because when I was 9, those things weren't on the syllabus at my school. I went to a school in a vastly underprivileged area where not many people spoke English as their first, or even second, language. I was one of about 6 non-Muslims in my entire year group and maths consisted of workbooks which just talked about how many 50p coins made up £2.50 - stuff like that.

I have never, in my entire life, used an improper fraction (as far as I know). But I got me a good idea of how many 50p coins make £2.50, that's for sure.
Uh, not to anger you, but... since you brought up Muslim, I has a question... do you have Muslim friends or whatever...? If so, what's your stance or thoughts about the uiygher Muslim camps in China?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Uh, not to anger you, but... since you brought up Muslim, I has a question... do you have Muslim friends or whatever...? If so, what's your stance or thoughts about the uiygher Muslim camps in China?
I was brought up in an area of the UK with a high concentration of Muslims (afaik it's mostly Eastern European now, but I haven't been back in years). So now where I live there are very few ethnicities other than white and I certainly have yet to make any Muslim friends up here.

Having said that and what very little I know about the camps, I'm not cool with it. China's abominable human rights has been a problem for me for a long time. As a Christian, knowing they hate us (government, I mean), I can only imagine how badly the Muslims are being treated. Christians are, I believe, put in those camps as well.

I don't accept any sort of forced re-education in this way. It is one thing to rehabilitate someone who is a criminal or the subject of brainwashing, cults, extremism etc...but quite another to forcibly make an entire people group abandon their religion and culture because government.

It smacks of Nazi Germany to me...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@therogis ;)
Tcp.gif

--
Thinking:
"Life is too short to waste on bad books" only works when the book isn't research and something absolutely essential to read. >_<

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I've been battling with the Conclusions-part of this essay for a good while, staring at the blank page for an hour and instead of writing anything new, editing the parts that are already complete... and I think the real reason behind not getting it finished is that I'm a bit afraid of finishing it.

You know... can't get a bad grade if you never hand it off for the professor... :LOL:
1. On a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is "not very", how important is it that you not b.s. any part of your essay?
2. Are essays still “Tell ’em what you’re gonna tell ’em, tell ’em, and then tell ’em what you’ve told ’em"? And is the introduction done?
3. If the answer to 1 is 1 and the answer to 2 is Yes, take the introduction and rephrase it for the conclusion.

nailed-it.gif

This may or may not be a flippant response owed to a flagrant disregard for writing classes.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know a book is out of your price range when the kindle version is almost $40. ._.

Luckily I ordered a copy for under $15 from a thrift book store. Amazon be robbing people right now, methinks.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You know a book is out of your price range when the kindle version is almost $40. ._.

Luckily I ordered a copy for under $15 from a thrift book store. Amazon be robbing people right now, methinks.

I feel this so badly. I've been waiting on a research book to drop in price for a year now and it won't go below $40. OTL Thriftbooks has been pretty reasonable about prices lately, but idk what their shipping is like outside the US.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Yeah, pretty much. Same thing with Steam. One would think that e-items would be cheaper than their physical versions because there's no upcharge meant to cover production and distribution costs, but instead the e-versions are expensive for a lot longer precisely because they don't degrade or run out of stock. It's just 0s and 1s being arranged the right way, so they're charging you for the convenience of them having it and the second convenience of it not taking up space in your living area when you get it. Sad times.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
1. On a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is "not very", how important is it that you not b.s. any part of your essay?
2. Are essays still “Tell ’em what you’re gonna tell ’em, tell ’em, and then tell ’em what you’ve told ’em"? And is the introduction done?
3. If the answer to 1 is 1 and the answer to 2 is Yes, take the introduction and rephrase it for the conclusion.

nailed-it.gif

This may or may not be a flippant response owed to a flagrant disregard for writing classes.

I'd be very glad to take the advice but I think the answer to question #1 is 10. It's actually not just an essay... it's my thesis. :LOL:

And YES, I'm embarrassed to say this, but YES IT IS the very same thesis that I have been writing since November.
Yes, it is late for the deadline.
And YES, my whole Bachelor's degree is hanging on nothing more but this conclusions page, which I am apparently not able to write.

This is ridiculous. I've completed every course needed for the Bachelor grade, half of the Master's courses as well, and all it takes is just handing off this thesis, filing an application for degree, and that's it...

So instead of writing that I think I'm gonna continue my Tumblr project. :cool: :LOL:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'd be very glad to take the advice but I think the answer to question #1 is 10. It's actually not just an essay... it's my thesis. :LOL:

... Well, that doesn't sound important in the least bit! Especially not with a whole Bachelor's Degree relying on it. Nope, not at all.

giphy.gif

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I started watching the IT crowd after Get Shorty.

Chris O'Dowd has come a long way since then in his performances.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
... Well, that doesn't sound important in the least bit! Especially not with a whole Bachelor's Degree relying on it. Nope, not at all.

giphy.gif
No problem because guess what?
IT'S DONE!!
I'm gonna do some spell and grammar check this morning and send it for the professor for pre-check before turning it in. And after that... call me Bachelor :D

-

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's great that I got a replacement debit card because my old one was knackered and the contactless bit didn't work.

What isn't so great is that TicketMaster won't refund the shows I can't go to coz of Covid because I have a new card.

It's drawn from the same account so what's the problem? In the past I'd just resell the tickets but funnily enough, nobody wants to go anywhere any more (or can't).

Top Bottom