• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Goldsickle

In the Bleach series, "Bankai" is supposed to be the "final release" that unleashes the full power of a Soul Reaper's weapon.

But the word sounds almost like the Malay word "bangkai", which means "carcass".

So.....

bTZVWKu.jpg

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's been more than 20 days since I've eaten peanuts.

The other day, I was this close to eating a pretzel that was covered in crushed nuts.

This No Nut November is harder than I thought.

Covered in... crushed.... nuts....

You savage

So I felt fine yesterday after all and we had that party. Went to climbing as well (you know, climbing some artificial boulders indoors, is there a word for that in English?) and that was freakin' AWESOME
It was so cool to climb all the way to the ceiling and then just let go and jump off!! I mean, for me it took a while to get the courage to do so the first time... I was hanging on the ledge, like 10 meters from the floor, telling myself that those nylon straps will be enough to keep me safe and I will not have a free fall all the way down there... and then I just let my grip go

And...
Holy f***!!
I loved it.

An important side note: I'm afraid of heights.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I like this rewrite of the US Death Note. It turns it into a spinoff than a straight adaptation. I think that approach could work for other potential anime adaptation but its a slippery slope.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Why not? Madhouse made a Supernatural anime series before, so they could also make an anime adaptation of a Western Death Note.

Assuming Madhouse is still up for it.
The video I posted suggested just creating a new cast/plot for the US version. And thats an approach that could work for some franchises and not others.

Maybe depending on how you feel on each franchise.

For example, I'd create a new protagonist for Ninja Gaiden or Kingdom Hearts but not DMC or Jak and Daxter because of bias.

Which makes it the slippery slope I'm talking about.

But I get what your saying and it leads to another question; what do people even want from an adaptation?

Its often to catch lightning in the bottle which i don't think you (always) can.

Just a rhetorical ramble.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Break-shmeak, it won't hurt to let myself get reacquainted with Static so I can continue (and hopefully finish) its outline. It still feels so enormous though, if I'm honest; like I'm so out of my depth. ._. But I suppose that's a good sign? I just hope when I am ready to return to writing it, I'll be able to return to Cabe's voice. I can't help thinking I'll fall short of the bar I set early on.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Why didn't I join a local hacklab before? These guys are awesome! I love the crappy jokes they make, my stomach hurts for all the laughing today

Only thing I don't like is that there's only one bus per hour to get back home at this hour. Well at least I was granted a key today so I can come and go whenever I want to. Maybe there's more public transport possibilities during the daylight hours.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh, nice. She finished recording the audio. Hopefully I can get through it relatively fast (and have few fix requests to make in the doing).

+3 days to go. Now the only question is, Will he be home late Saturday, or is he actually coming back a day earlier (like he sometimes does?)

++Must. Finish. Housework. x_x

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't think working on Static in any capacity is going to pan out right now. Despite wanting to, I just can't seem to figure out how to continue, and with my head filled with all this pressure regarding other WIPs...well, focus is pretty much zilch. x_x Maybe I'll be able to give it *some* attention in a few more days...

Last edited:
Top Bottom