• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why can't I remember who/what it was? I know I got hit with a double-feels during round one (basically, a character death in whatever I was reading or watching, which basically occurred around the same time I hit a certain part in TMT). And now the same thing has happened during round two (only I of course remember who died and what from this time around).

Funny thing is, I swear this has happened in at least one previous draft of TMT. :cautious:

It's astounding how much time I've spent mourning fictional characters...

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
hold up

you're telling me that now, just now, 11 days after buying something on ebay, honey just now gives me the 300 gold

ok
--------------------
increase the voting age to 1000 so that way you must be a wise elder monk in order to vote

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Next time, self, don't go through two documents to change a character's name unless you're absolutely sure you want to change it. Well, at least it's changed back, now. :facepalm: Still, that's an hour and a half I won't get back.

+I guess it's too much to hope that Marcone will actually make an appearance in this one. Pity; he's easily my favourite supporting character/antagonist/sometimes ally in the series. I still think Eric Roberts would be a dead ringer for him, but I'm sure there are quite a few guys who could pull him off. :wink:

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
Comparing Insomiac's Spider-Man for the PS4, vs DmC: Devil May Cry for the PS3 (technically PC, but there probably isn't that much difference between those two original releases for the game) in terms of visuals and graphics.

Guess which game I say looks better, it's pretty obvious.

Spider-Man vs DmC

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, it's hard to stick to your convictions when the shoe is greener on the other side.

I've told people that DMC games should have a dedicated dodge because a) it'd be more efficient and b) sticking to old systems like that is what makes games grow stale and eventually trimming those who are willing to play it till only the 'core' fans will to play the games leaving it unable to support itself.

Well, OniMusha: Warlords has just been announced for modern systems and while looking at the new features I get apprehensive at the prospect of some of these features.

First off, you have the implementation of the DMC1 digital sticks option, just like the HD REmake. Onimusha built around tank controls, the combat revolves around it. It wasn't hard to get used to it and it's how the game was meant to be played, and yet I can't deny that no one outside of those of us who are attached to that system is going to want to play the game with tank controls. It's the reason I could never get into the old RE games. If I want the game to succeed, to reach a new audience, I have to be willing to let them make more accessible to those who would dismiss the game for something like that, who'd find it a deal breaker (plebs) even if it takes away something as fundamental to the experience as that. The most important thing about this particular prospect, though, is that this is not a replacement but an option. That I can still play the game as I see fit.

The wide screen support seems a bit... arbitrary? Counterproductive? I don't know what the word would be. In REmake and RE0HD the widescreen isn't an expansion of the camera to show more, it's trimming the top and bottom to fit to moder displays and you're really only getting more real estate when using the original camera but, again, got to keep the masses happy if we hope to get the series a bit more love.

The one thing, though, that I definitely don't want to be true is that they might've replaced the Japanese dialogue with other actors. They said that they re-recorded the soundtrack and the dialogue but who did they get to re record the voices? The huge selling point of this game was the fact that this was the first time they'd used a real human being in a video game. They scanned an actor/model and used his likeness and that dude happens to be Takeshi Kaneshiro, a Taiwanese/Japanese actor who happens to be in one or two favorites of mine from both China and Japan, so I really don't want him replaced. I'm kind of a fan. I mean, just look at that ridiculously handsome bastard:
ba5004494d421761aec4a6685e6ed7bb.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
I frickin' hate dudes who are better looking than me. Now I know how women feel.

A lot of people, including myself, often said that this game would never be re-released for the modern console. The theory was that these games, which featured real people, would have to get the permission of the models to use their likeness again, which would require to pay them (an assumption I made because the actors of SH2 never received compensation for their work on subsequent re-releases and the actor for James, a lawyer, sued) or, in the case of OM2, their family, and since then they've only gotten more famous since back then it just wasn't feasible. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but what if the solution to this was to simply to replace Kaneshiro with another voice actor? That it wasn't his likeness but rather his performance they couldn't reuse? I'm super glad this game is being made for the 4K generation, even if it has to be altered to for the layman, but I don't want to see one of my favorite actors replaced, even if it's just his voice.

Here's to hoping for the best.

Apologies to all the people who've had to put up with me for that long.
hqdefault.jpg
*Teeth grinding* That's... Ok...

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Hey Twitter, why do you keep making me re-follow Mike Cernovitch?

I'll just be scrolling through my timeline and a tweet of his will be on there, except I'm not following him, I hover over his name, it says I am, I click unfollow. The next day, there it is again, another one of his tweets and it says I'm following him again. This has happened five times.

Twitter what is this, what is going on? Cut it out.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Rewatching Fantastic beasts and were to find them.

Grindelwald's parting words are still stupid.

What did he even say? Pretty sure his parting words needed subtitles to understand.

Sure wish we'd had Colin Farrell as Grindelwald full-time. Now the series is stuck with the Tumblr anthro version of an onion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What did he even say? Pretty sure his parting words needed subtitles to understand.

Sure wish we'd had Colin Farrell as Grindelwald full-time. Now the series is stuck with the Tumblr anthro version of an onion.

"Will we die just a little"?

I enjoyed Farrell's performance and hopes he pops up again.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
"Will we die just a little"?

I enjoyed Farrell's performance and hopes he pops up again.
That line makes 0 sense and I am baffled as to why those guards even stopped to let him say that.

Hopefully Percival comes back. If Grindelwald used a Polyjuice Potion to disguise himself then he'd need Percival alive to keep making it unless some unholy retcon gets in the way. Not to mention it'd be a waste of an actor to have Farrell perform so well for only one movie.

Top Bottom