• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Angel Oh gods, it probably wouldn't take much. I suppose it would be too much to expect them to notice "Staff Member" under your name, eh? :laugh:

CT: *Receives reply email from one of the reviewers she queried* *Notices long list of expectations that need to be fulfilled, or they will reject the request out of hand*. Geez, got any more flaming hoops you want me to jump through? :cautious: Heaven help me if I miss even one of the stipulations on this list...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Forgot how utterly delicious Lindt Lindor are. Om nom nom...

Also wondering how much trolling about DMC 5 I can squeeze in before someone new gets all angry and reports me...

They certainly are, aren’t they :yum:

Hmm...just don’t start calling him Noro and you should be good.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yeesh...not a damn person can say I'm not invested and dedicated to my work and the building of its readership. The fact that I'm going to be sending a physical copy to a complete stranger in the UK to read and review--whose correspondence with me has been rather curt and confusing--should speak volumes.

Though perhaps those volumes sound of desperation more than dedication... ._.

DarkSlayerVergil

Gears of war 5 confuses me with most of the cast being drastically different from the previous game with some OOC moments for some if the previous installments events are to be considered.

The last of us 2 showcase felt a bit underwhelming since it spent half of its time on the ball-room scene.

DMCV as much as I loving it right now, the fans need to constantly bash the reboot.

Spiderman (Ps4) is looking amazing, can't wait to play it in September.

REmake 2 already has my money.

The DOOM sequel is gonna be nuts.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't mind if the author likes my review, but it seriously makes me uncomfortable when they comment on it. :unsure: Unfortunately, this has happened with at least three of them, and I suspect it's partly owed to me being friends/acquainted with them on social media. I would never discourage a writer from reading their reviews, should they choose--but at the end of the day, the reviews aren't really for the author; they're for the readership. And while no one should let another person's review dictate whether they read a book or not, they exist to give people an idea of what to expect--and only if they choose to look them up beforehand.

It frustrates me to no end that many of these writers have been in the game longer, and have yet to grasp this. Good comment or not, it's bad form.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Things I am excited about: Kingdom Hearts 3, DMC5, Sonic Mania Plus, NieR Automata Become as Gods Xbox version, Smash Ultimate, and more DLC for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2! Finally a year filled with "good" games. Yes I just said that while God of War 4 exists. Fight me!
I take back what I said, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 2 is actually really good. Strangely the show gets better when Zack, Trini, and Jason leave... The US fight scenes are creative, Rita and Zedd together are entertaining, and the US team actually had access to the Giant Robot suits meaning US Giant Robot fight scenes! I'm super stoked for Season 3 now, bring on the Ninja Ranger Form powers!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Kingdom Hearts 3 - I wasn't the biggest fan of the recent CG Disney films, but both Frozen and Tangled actually look pretty good. Woah - Marluxia, Larxene and Luxord are back and vessels of Xehanort now? OMIGOSH! Pirates is back in Kingdom Hearts!!? And they all look so great!!!

Death Stranding - Sam is the Amazon deliveryman at the end of the universe lol. No matter how many times I see it (or don't in this case), those invisible monsters are so terrifying.

Ghost of Tsushima: Looks pretty cool I guess? The fact that everyone's speaking English gives me flashbacks to that Tom Cruise samurai movie and that gives me a feeling so complicated.

Not the greatest year I must admit.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Done with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 2 and the MMPR The Movie. (90's version) I am beyond entertained right now. I am going to take a break then jump into Season 3 and the Alien Ranger mini season. Then their is Zeo, Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury, RPM, Samurai/Super Samurai, Megaforce/Super Megaforce, Dino Charge/Dino Super Charge and then Finally Ninja Steel/Ninja Super Steel.
Bro! That is a lot of teams!

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Goddammit, putting all the KH games in one package now Square Enix?

I resisted buying all the various collections up until now but you're making it really hard to resist!!! :nailbiting:

They announce a combined pack AFTER I buy KH HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix and KH HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue on PS4. Well as long as this "combined pack" doesn't contain new material Then my sanity should be okay.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Will there be a public demo for Insomniac's Spider-Man? I wanna actually see what I'm getting.
They usually don't with superhero games. For Arkham City, they only released the demo AFTER the release. Sony obviously intended for Spiderman to become the best selling superhero game of all time.

I can't wait because I'm getting the Arkham City vibe in the last few videos. The E3 trailer was the one that sealed the deal for me.

Normally, I'm not for comic book games, but goddamn - I enjoyed Arkham Asylum/City so much I beat both games. In fact, with City, I completed about 60% of the game. I was playing the game as if I never saw the Batman comics (which I do or did, but not too much), or the Batman films (which I did), or the Batman games (which I did, starting all the way back into the NES days). And Spiderman looks like a high quality game that is really open, like the Arkham games. Hopefully the battle controls are just as good.

Top Bottom