• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - (or Harry Potter 8) - is going to be a play, scheduled for July 2016. And they cast a black woman to play Hermione Granger (Which I have absolutely no problem with), but some people do. Admittedly, I don't think it makes you racist to have an issue with it. I don't necessarily think that her skin colour is going to make any difference on reflecting her capabilities as an actress. I just find it funny if they thought that it wouldn't be touched upon, because undoubtedly it would have been. Yes I understand that to some, a character must remain how they've always been portrayed, and I guess for them it means skin colour also. However, it's not something that is going to impact the play or the story dramatically - think of her as a human being first, not about ethnicity - it's not always about looks, it's more about performance. I think for those that genuinely can't accept the change, you need to adjust to more modern times, and understanding that more of this sort of stuff is happening now - And if it's not about racism, maybe some people just need to learn to tolerate change a little bit more.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I either don't do it tonight, in which I also give myself tomorrow off too, or I do, and keep it to minimum word counts over the next week (which is better than nothing). I know I should go with the latter, but damned if the former doesn't have appeal...:unsure:

The fact that everything I do--work or play--involves full use of my mental faculties doesn't help. No wonder the headaches have been so frequent, lately. ._.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Enough of what?

Really? Dude, you were just trying to push Chancey's buttons. I thought it was pretty obvious what I was getting at. Unless you were being completely sarcastic. However, it's still not a good idea to post things like that. It's never clear what the intention is, but in this case - since you and Chancey rarely (if ever) see eye to eye, I took at as you taking an unnecessary shot. And if that is the case, I strongly urge that it doesn't keep happening in the future. It's just a fair warning, that's all. I won't say more about it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's never clear what the intention is

Well, I know it's no secret that I hold a special place for Chancey's head in my ship (I'm being certainly serious right now, right?), but as for this specific instance, in case the fake HTML code thingy didn't make it clear enough, it was a joke.

Come on man. Do you really think I would have called myself a grammar nazi if I had been serious in the first place?

[GRAMMARNAZI] And I thought I had bad English... [/GRAMMARNAZI]

You know that when I actually wanna confront him, I do it directly, like I did in the past. He knows it too.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: That is clearly not the point, because it's about context, and understanding that context. So all I'm saying is, don't expect any nice response (if one at all), even if you aren't being serious. It won't always look that way, so just acknowledge that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: I understand. But if he sees you making comments such as that, doesn't get (or) doesn't take it as a joke, you would expect a bad response. So I'm just saying it's better not to bother at all, otherwise you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

I do, I do.

Good stuff. Like your new avatar. Nice to see a Predator without a Santa hat on.

Top Bottom