• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
CT: never been so glad to see a dirty nappy in my life. No A&E for us now, I hope...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Unilever really likes deleting comments pointing out the truth on their little propaganda video. Pathetic. It's like Orwell's 1984.
Ohoho, (that was quick!)

I'd expect that. It's standard business practice these days I think. See it all the time... Only get worried if you say... uploaded a version of it with critique on YouTube and it mysteriously disappeared.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ohoho, (that was quick!)

I'd expect that. It's standard business practice these days I think. See it all the time... Only get worried if you say... uploaded a version of it with critique on YouTube and it mysteriously disappeared.
The weird thing was, the link that was deleted was linking to a Unilever PDF that showed their 'sustainability plan' was nothing more than exploiting already poor people for cheap labour, stopping local business growing and just generally keeping these counties poor by taking their natural resources and wrecking their economy.

So, Unilever deleted something they had made. I guess they don't like it when the truth comes out of their own mouths and is then broadcast to the world.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Someone in the PR dept. freaked. Well, it shows something - if they didn't take it down it'd mean they had faith in ignorance. Or that nobody would care. It's sort of a good sign they removed it, they're actually worried about their image. If you could take it further in a public arena, they might be concerned enough to listen to a mass opinion.

It's when they reach a size too big to be concerned about anyone or anything that it's really bad, that they don't worry about image because nobody can contest them.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah down in NZ. Same as the one down in Christchurch in 2011 which destroyed a few buildings. I live out in the country so there wasn't a lot of damage for us.
Reckon we've been lucky thus far to have big ones like that but not much damage. I'm in Welly. Whoot for living on the fault line. :meh:

Anyway, I needed some distraction and something to ease my nerves...and found this... and HAD TO SHARE IT:
I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying.....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Reckon we've been lucky thus far to have big ones like that but not much damage. I'm in Welly. Whoot for living on the fault line. :meh:

Anyway, I needed some distraction and something to ease my nerves...and found this... and HAD TO SHARE IT:
I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying.....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....
Always happy to see a fellow Kiwi in my favorite fanbases :)
Yeah that video had me laughing, but I almost cried at the end :'(

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Oh, gods, why do I keep having nightmares about them? Especially him. Why? Why? Why?! And he always kills me in the end. >_<

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Man I love photoshopping my friend's picture.
Original:
1495509_457921034308277_210959469_n.jpg

1524038_10200764270624127_1825666279_o.jpg

1485895_10200764093899709_527938413_o.jpg

1555458_10200716622072943_1164235533_n.jpg

1511802_10200716883279473_1250169354_n.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just had a chance to see some of that Benefit Street documentary and, wow, they really went for the stereotypes. Drug dealers, rough looking, swearing, smoking, drunkenness and stealing. Way to stereotype people, channel 4. Then again, this is the same channel that brings us shows like Embarrassing Bodies. It's like channel 4 has become the modern day freak show.

Got to say though, I do feel sorry for those children in that Benefit Street. Those children have no chance when even their parents can't get out of poverty and are surrounded by dangerous people. I guess that's why people say it's a repeating cycle.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Just had a chance to see some of that Benefit Street documentary and, wow, they really went for the stereotypes. Drug dealers, rough looking, swearing, smoking, drunkenness and stealing. Way to stereotype people, channel 4. Then again, this is the same channel that brings us shows like Embarrassing Bodies. It's like channel 4 has become the modern day freak show.

Got to say though, I do feel sorry for those children in that Benefit Street. Those children have no chance when even their parents can't get out of poverty and are surrounded by dangerous people. I guess that's why people say it's a repeating cycle.
Sounds like it was made to make people who get benefits look bad. Were there any examples of people who had just lost their job or unlucky?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Sounds like it was made to make people who get benefits look bad. Were there any examples of people who had just lost their job or unlucky?
Not from the segment I saw. The people there have children and grandchildren who all grew up there on benefits so I guess it's a generational thing. So far, I haven't seen people who recently became unemployed.

There was a man with a job, but it was one of those jobs where you only get paid in commission, so he quit. It seems the other people can't get jobs because they did badly at school and some were the stereotype of refusing to work.
I think they're unlucky in a sense of nobody cares about them. I guess no one in power cares because the world needs an underclass to hate and blame; and corporations need the poor and uneducated to exploit for cheap workers.

These programme makers are focusing on this street because it feeds into the idea of what someone on benefits is like. Maybe they should do one about businesspeople in their 40's and 50's who worked all their lives and then their company went under in the recession. So they go on benefits until they get another company started. Or students who have 1st class degrees, PHDs and Masters but are denied jobs because they don't have sufficient work experience to go with the education. That would give a better idea about the sort of people who are on benefits short term.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
These programme makers are focusing on this street because it feeds into the idea of what someone on benefits is like. Maybe they should do one about businesspeople in their 40's and 50's who worked all their lives and then their company went under in the recession. So they go on benefits until they get another company started. Or students who have 1st class degrees, PHDs and Masters but are denied jobs because they don't have sufficient work experience to go with the education. That would give a better idea about the sort of people who are on benefits short term.

Impossibru!
That would make people on benefits look like normal, decent people... and we can't have that now, can we...? :shifty:

CT: Yeaaaa... I think I'm going to go and watch videos of Rodney... stupid headache...
I hate keeping secrets and lying... damn me for being so perfect lol...
I hope my coffee cools down soon *is thirsty*

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I think there's a bit of a disconnect with me and my beta. I think her humor isn't like mine. Then again her overall mood/character/who she is as a person is not very...hmmm, what's the right word...I don't want to say uptight but she's mostly serious. What irks me is that she think Dante (in his varied variations) is this serious, rarely cocky character. Like he's only cocky when fighting enemies...and that's it. He's not fun, relaxed, mellow, goofy, dorky anywhere else; just this straight and narrow guy with like two traits that bends his character. Then again, she sticks to titles like the Dragonborn Tragedy, Fable and Amnesia, so I wonder if she's bringing/trying to bring any of that essence over into my work...?

Top Bottom