• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
One of my voguing idols added me to his google circle plus sh*t. Not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that since google sucks a**, but I feel special!!!!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I've been like 5 days on this Pyramid Head picture and I need to move on... damn

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So...is my teapot here or not? Cuz it's been in town for the last two days and it still doesn't say it's delivered and I don't really want to walk over a block to the mailboxes in this weather for no reason....

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
4963218_01bd1385cedc18d74844a5b35f74378f_zps810f63b6.gif

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm thinking, "How the hell do I even begin to start writing for a story that isn't originally mine? How am I going to do this as well as the original author did?"

Even though she provided me full notes for the sequence of events in each chapter (I'm starting from early on in chapter 13; she wrote the first 12, obviously) I'm really nervous.

I'm really excited that she thought so much of me to hand the project over to me, but it's intimidating, trying to fill someone else's shoes. I keep dragging my heels on doing it. I've done half a paragraph so far; that's it. >.<

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm thinking, "How the hell do I even begin to start writing for a story that isn't originally mine? How am I going to do this as well as the original author did?"

Even though she provided me full notes for the sequence of events in each chapter (I'm starting from early on in chapter 13; she wrote the first 12, obviously) I'm really nervous.

I'm really excited that she thought so much of me to hand the project over to me, but it's intimidating, trying to fill someone else's shoes. I keep dragging my heels on doing it. I've done half a paragraph so far; that's it. >.<

Well...maybe you could try rewriting the original chapters just so you get more of a feel for the writing?

Thinking:
What the hell am I doing trying to write Batman fanfiction? My timeline's all screwy and I'm terrified out of my wits. Maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well...maybe you could try rewriting the original chapters just so you get more of a feel for the writing?

Thinking:
What the hell am I doing trying to write Batman fanfiction? My timeline's all screwy and I'm terrified out of my wits. Maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead....

I kind of already uploaded them onto Fanfiction as they already were. ^^; I like her style of writing, and we bear similarities-but there are definitely still differences when it comes to matching her style. I also didn't want to rewrite it because I didn't want her to get the wrong impression. Most of my problem stems from needing to bridge some of the sequence of events together. This is true of anything I've written, really. I think I figured out how to get around this particular stumbling block, though.

Thanks for the input! :)

As to your Batman fanfic-which version are you writing for? If you're having trouble, research the aspects you're writing about, and put them in chronological order. Most importantly, don't force yourself to rush on it; give yourself time to adapt to the layout of the story.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I kind of already uploaded them onto Fanfiction as they already were. ^^; I like her style of writing, and we bear similarities-but there are definitely still differences when it comes to matching her style. I also didn't want to rewrite it because I didn't want her to get the wrong impression. Most of my problem stems from needing to bridge some of the sequence of events together. This is true of anything I've written, really. I think I figured out how to get around this particular stumbling block, though.

Thanks for the input! :)

As to your Batman fanfic-which version are you writing for? If you're having trouble, research the aspects you're writing about, and put them in chronological order. Most importantly, don't force yourself to rush on it; give yourself time to adapt to the layout of the story.

Oh, okay, then. ^^ To be honest, I actually meant rewrite them for personal reading, not posting but you have a good point. You're welcome and good luck to you! ^^

Well...it's starting just after Arkham City ends, but I'm planning on merging comic-y stuff in...maybe some references to Death of the Family and the Suicide Squad if I get really cheeky. >_> But, for the most part, focusing on the game canon. *wrote out a timeline for the games and the comics that directly tie into them as well as the DLC that's out* I feel...really in over my head. The same feeling that kept me from reading the comics for so long, actually ("Seriously, you want to try and catch up with 70+ years of story line and get all the origin stories and what the hell are you thinking?!" <- that feeling). Doesn't help that I don't know who my antagonist is (though I did write out a list of "suspects" so I can flip-flop LOL). Thank you for your advice, though. ^^ *is probably going to try to work on it around other projects so she doesn't feel overwhelmed*

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh, okay, then. ^^ To be honest, I actually meant rewrite them for personal reading, not posting but you have a good point. You're welcome and good luck to you! ^^

Well...it's starting just after Arkham City ends, but I'm planning on merging comic-y stuff in...maybe some references to Death of the Family and the Suicide Squad if I get really cheeky. >_> But, for the most part, focusing on the game canon. *wrote out a timeline for the games and the comics that directly tie into them as well as the DLC that's out* I feel...really in over my head. The same feeling that kept me from reading the comics for so long, actually ("Seriously, you want to try and catch up with 70+ years of story line and get all the origin stories and what the hell are you thinking?!" <- that feeling). Doesn't help that I don't know who my antagonist is (though I did write out a list of "suspects" so I can flip-flop LOL). Thank you for your advice, though. ^^ *is probably going to try to work on it around other projects so she doesn't feel overwhelmed*

I definitely see where you're coming from; being as old as the series is, there's so much of it to take into account. No wonder you're feeling so overwhelmed.

I wish you the best of luck; don't worry, I'm sure it'll come together. Nothing worth doing is easy, as they say. :)

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Ct: so next week I start my new job. Yay. So happy about that. And I've gotten back into warhammer 40k so much fun to do. Lol ah also write down any ideas for stories. ^-^

Top Bottom