• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Not too far into it yet, but liking it so far (and naturally, I adore Gaiman's work).

Edit to avoid double-posting:

Now I'm reading...

5194Yo0pYDL.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book Four) by Jim Butcher, and now reading Vicious by V.E. Schwab.

Guys. Guys. This book. My god, this book is amazing. I think I need it more than sleep. O_O

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Over the fall I was enjoying a reread of How Does a Single Blade of Grass Thank the Sun? by Doretta Lau, and I'm currently getting into the thick of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Next up to bat will be Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson :3

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells (it's been years since I had a copy!) ^^

Edit: And now I'm onto Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. (I'm sure it will be loads better than the movies).

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The first one wasn't completely horrible...

I haven't gotten too far, yet. So far it isn't bad. I wish I hadn't seen the movies to be honest, though. It keeps screwing me up when it comes to picturing the characters, and whatnot. >.> Hopefully each book gets progressively better, because I sort of own the boxset, lol.

(What did you find off-putting about it? Was it just not your cup of tea story-wise, or was it the narrative from a 12-year-old's POV?)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
... It had a lot of (wasted) potential.

That's probably what got to me the most.

Uh-oh. ^^; This is one of those times where I hope I'm an easier reader. Could be that Rick Riordan explored that potential, if not later in the Percy Jackson/Olympian series, then in one of his others. (He has tons centralized in mythology).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
"Followed By Frost" by Charlie N. Holmberg

Edit: Have since started and finished "The Magicians of Caprona" (Book Two in the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones) and I am now moving on to Book Three in the series, "Witch Week". ^^

Edit again: ._. On Book Two of "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters".

Last edited:
Top Bottom