• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
the-green-mile.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished Clockwork Prince, and now I'm on Clockwork Princess (second and third book of the "Infernal Devices" series).

Honestly, these books far exceeded my expectations. Yes, the tired old "love triangle" is present, but there's something starkly different about the way it's handled in these books, and the way it's portrayed in other novels with romance in them.

And by all accounts, this isn't primarily romance; this is action, supernatural, adventure--romance merely plays a small part to a larger, far more intricately-woven plot.

And my freaking gods, I love Magnus Bane, even if his is merely a supporting role.

Currently reading Pan Tadeusz by Adam Mickiewicz.

It's fascinating how vivid and beautiful descriptions in this book are. It's nothing strange for the romantic movement (typical love story which is obstructed by traditional society, human and nature are as one, medieval folk stories as a background and gothic setting...), although almost all these descriptions are permeated by social and political allusions which is typical of slavic romanticisms.
Good read nonetheless...at least you get some knowledge about very interesting polish-lithuanian history in 19th century.
It's funny how it begins with glorifying Lithuania, although it's classified as a Polish national epic. Lithuania is after all, a much more broader term in the context of geographical expanse.
Hunt was a very important part of polish-lithuanian culture then, and it's also very interesting how hunt is the object of contention between the young fashionable romantics (who oversleep half of their day, just like the most of our generation...at least before we get employed) who came back home after studying abroad (mostly in France and Germany) and older traditionalists who refuse to hunt rabbits with younger because they deem rabbits unworthy of their time (they hunted bears, wolves, wild boars...).

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Currently reading Power vs. Force. It's really interesting! I have a small stack of books that I read to get through. The problem is I want to read all of them at once. Not sure which one to read next. And there's so many books to buy! :eek:

I'm having the same exact problem. I wanna read everything but...don't have the time. T-T

---

Currently rereading A.G. Howard's Unhinged (mmm, Morpheus cover...mmm...) so I can start on Ensnared and see how the series ends.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Currently reading Power vs. Force.
*smacks book out of your hand*

There's your Power Force. Right there. :sneaky:

... Finish Persona 4 already! You have to in order to really appreciate the uh... "Evil Ending" (not the any of the previous "Bad Endings" in P4, but the "Pure "Evil" one) in P4G and the Alternate OVA Ending in P4 The Golden Animation.

Edit:

Without giving anything away, it's rather reminiscent of Dexter's Season 7 Ending (they should've ended it there, btw).

Back on topic: I'm currently reading this:

http://unrealitymag.com/comics/problem-actually-superpowers-comic/

Also, I was only joking about the "smacking" bit. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

Meg

*smacks book out of your hand*

There's your Power Force. Right there. :sneaky:

... Finish Persona 4 already! You have to in order to really appreciate the uh... "Evil Ending" (not "Bad" but pure "Evil") in P4G and the Alternate OVA Ending in P4 The Golden Animation.

Without giving anything away, it's rather reminiscent of Dexter's Season 7 Ending (they should've ended it there, btw).

Back on topic: I'm currently reading this:

http://unrealitymag.com/comics/problem-actually-superpowers-comic/

Also, I was only joking about the "smacking" bit. Sorry. :(
Actually, if you read the book, you'd know that the act of you smacking the book out of my hands and demanding I finish Persona 4 (fifty hours in so far) is an act of force. And me continuing to read is an act of power. Just saying. :laugh:

Jacky

Awesome
Many of my friends told me to read The Dark Tower series, because it has many supernatural elements and good story (things i like in a series), so i think i will read it (i am not a fan of books/novels i have to say, at least most of the times)

Top Bottom