• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Just finished reading Unhinged by A. G. Howard. Oh. My. Goggies. I mean, Matt freakin' Jeevas! That ending. I didn't see it coming. Well...one thing I suspected, but everything else? Nuh-uh. Nope. Okay, okay, lemme try to write an actual review here instead of fangirlisms. (Please excuse any typos; there's a cat in my lap that really likes Britt's signature....)

Unhinged picks up a year after Splintered ends, with Alyssa trying to ignore her netherling side and keep a normal, human life. And, just as you're getting used to that, Ms. Howard proceeds to grab everything you've learned in Splintered and turn it on its head. The plot moves much slower in Unhinged than in Splintered--which is both good and bad, because it sometimes drags at the plot-slow bits--but it was still enjoyable. I found all of the characters enjoyable (except that friggen clown *shudders*), but, ironically enough, my issue, at times, was with Alyssa. Very early on in the plot (like chapter two kind of early) we--I mean, she learns that Wonderland's in trouble...and she spends the next three hundred pages saying she's going to work on it...and then not working on it. :/ I mean, I get it--it's a useful plot device to help keep the trilogy long enough--but it's still frustrating. I don't think it took too much away from the plot, though (if anything, it encouraged some drama). There's only one thing I felt detracted significantly from the plot: Ivory's vision. It...really removed the necessity of the whole love triangle subplot. :/ *won't go into details for spoiler's sake* Anyway: good book, great series, go buy it/grab it at the library/make someone buy it for you, okay? ^^

I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally want the next book. :dead: *can't wait for January**shall have to get the novella next*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Rebel Dynasty lol look what I found. This was me on my other account when I forgot the login details for this one - and just before we became friends too, I believe :)
I'm reading A Day in the Life of Dante : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9481245/1/Devil-May-Cry-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-Dante
It's a series of oneshot prompt responses. She's a good writer, got some entertaining pieces in there, oh - and she gets Dante right.
And I'm totally waving my promoting banner here. It's recommended that you read it. It's got health benefits. Yes, it does. YES IT DOES. Drop her a review if you read it. :)

I'm also reading this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8598087/1/The-Chosen-One-Unknown by Britt601
AND I'm going through my hordes of notes and sketches of my novel. There's a LOT of it. :banghead:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanna re-read a fanfic that was a sequel to AC3 that had Connor going to France around the time of the French Revolution.

it was a popular idea for a sequel but im not sure how it would have worked out since you would have to relocate him to France for about a decade or so (the period is from 1789-1799) and other concerns such as other templar problems etc in america or how would they have dealt with Connor versus Napoleon or the War of 1812.

So im interested in seeing how it would have potentially worked and with Unity out, maybe someone might tackle it or maybe i might be brave enough too.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty lol look what I found. This was me on my other account when I forgot the login details for this one - and just before we became friends too, I believe :)

I'm also reading this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8598087/1/The-Chosen-One-Unknown by Britt601
AND I'm going through my hordes of notes and sketches of my novel. There's a LOT of it. :banghead:

*Tackle glomps* I actually remember you telling me back when we first started talking that you were mentioning it to some forum buddies, but by the time I came here (and for reasons unknown) I don't think I made the connection. :laugh: You're awesome, DS. ^^

I'm reading The Orphan's Code by Catherine Hill (same writer on Spark A Tale who did, "Ametris". Again, I hope she gets published). Also reading Kitsune by BlazeEyes on fiction press.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I'm taking a break from White Fang. :'(I need something happy, I can't be reading sad sh*t right now. Ooh my nerves are shot, my heart is heavy...my tear ducts are ready to overflow. I didn't sign up to read this sh*t!!!

410507027.jpg

I'll just read this to calm my damn nerves.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished The Bane Chronicles a couple of weeks ago, and I loved it; I thought it was well-written, with witty dialogue and interesting characters--each one of the short stories gave insight into Magnus Bane's life, as well as providing snippets involving The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices...which in turn made me all the more curious about both series.

Right now I'm starting the first Infernal Devices book, "Clockwork Angel". I've also been reading a couple of stories on Spark a Tale and Fiction Press. ^^

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Going to start Ghost Story of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, dunno it's book 11 or 12 I believe, they are so damn good!
I'd recommend them to pretty much every Devil May Cry fan, it's kinda like that but with a Wizard as the main character in modern day Chicago, he's also a wisecracking smartass most of the time, just like Dante.

And on the side I'm reading the Golden Compass and The Witcher books, both pretty good series!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was reading The Angel of darkness By Caleb Carr.

Its a book from the 90's set in turn of century NY(1800-1900) about a group of people called together to investigate the disappearance of the Spanish consulate's infant daughter (this was on the eve of the Spanish American war).

Its a very good example of how to do good historical fiction and it does deal with the beginnings of women suffrage in an interesting way.

Top Bottom