• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished:

41109872.jpg

And now reading:

17465491.jpg

Oh, Dresden, how I've missed you.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Recently re-read Vicious, and now that it's finally out...

26856502.jpg

I expect I'll have devoured this in no time. <3 Which is good, because when I'm done, I'll be beta-reading a story by Francina Simone (I'm on a time crunch).

Aisen66

damn girl you read more books than satan,s beautiful daughter you must be from the times where people had no television or the future where they have no books anyway love you big kiss:dead:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Vigilantes_Volume_1.png

Obtained and read the first Volume of "My Hero Academia: Vigilantes" a spin-off series set in the same universe as the super popular manga MHA. It follows an unusual trio of people who want to protect the public from villains but for one reason or another are unable to get a Hero License. Thus they operate outside the law in order to deliver their own sense of justice. An interesting side-story that deals with a lot of darker themes in contrast to its lighter predecessor. Definitely going to keep reading on! :thumbsup:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
This is one of those stories I read on Wattpad a few years back (one of the firsts, in fact), and one I still really like, warts and all. It's a very character-driven story, and I feel it deals with the subject of depression and suicide really tastefully.

28873663.jpg

Now I'm reading:

27468344.jpg

(It's got some issues, but I honestly wanted to read it to form my own opinions of the story, start to finish).

I'm also beta-reading Blackout by our own @Shadow. ^^

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Now I'm reading:

27468344.jpg

(It's got some issues, but I honestly wanted to read it to form my own opinions of the story, start to finish).

giphy.gif

Nah I get it. You've already seen all of my pickiest nits, but that's nothing compared to your own perspective. It'd be great to chat with you about it when you've finished :D

THAT SURE IS A GREAT COVER THOUGH ISN'T IT?!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@TWOxACROSS Lol, oh believe you me, I share some of those nitpicks. :laugh: (Valreth...just why?) But yeah, I've been curious about what was beyond those first four chapters for a while now. Fortunately I don't find it outright bad (so far), and it didn't cost much on Kindle. :whistle: And damn, that is a nice cover. Whoever the artist is, they're hella talented... ;)

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
@TWOxACROSS Lol, oh believe you me, I share some of those nitpicks. :laugh: (Valreth...just why?) But yeah, I've been curious about what was beyond those first four chapters for a while now. Fortunately I don't find it outright bad (so far), and it didn't cost much on Kindle. :whistle: And damn, that is a nice cover. Whoever the artist is, they're hella talented... ;)

Yeah, for the most part it's some interesting ideas that don't get used well, or to their full potential, and there's just some problematic cliches (why are all the old men groooooss?). The apparent lack of developmental editing is where it really falters.

I should also say what I'm reading, I guess...

book-cover-arvida-by-samuel-archibald.png

It's a bunch of spec-fic short stories taking place in and around a small Quebec town. The one I'm on now is...super boring, so I stalled a bit on finishing it.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (I bought it before I knew it was becoming a TV show, and upon learning it was, opted to read it before potentially watching it. Good stuff, naturally).

Now I'm onto an ARC that was sent to me by the author via Goodreads:

41149621.jpg

I'm...not sure if I have high hopes for this--the author seemed pretty young in our correspondence--but I'm going to try to not assume one way or another.

Top Bottom